“A very pleasant stay” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Paris, France
“A very pleasant stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

We stayed here for 8 nights, and (maybe we were lucky but) the room was very spacious, calm and clean, with a great terrace. The personnel was discreet but helpful each time we needed something, and they arranged a pickup for the airport. Breakfast was great for the price of the room, with fresh bagels, freshly prepared fruit, muesli and yoghourt. I want to thank the staff at the breakfast area, as they did their best keeping the place clean, and adding regularly new food.
The location may not be the poshest, but it is very convenient if you want to explore uptown and Manhattan, with a few excellent museums (Museum of moving image...) within a 20 minutes walk. All in all, a very good surprise, especially if you stay a couple of days.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
HotelVetiver, Manager at Hotel Vetiver, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
On behalf of Hotel Vetiver, thank you for a great review Noel!

We truly appreciate the feedback you have given us about your stay. I am so glad that you were able to take advantage of our our location to the subways to get into the Manhattan. I also am so happy that you mentioned you spent time in Queens as well! So many of our visitors do not realize how diverse our borough is and how many fantastic places are literally right around the corner from us! We realize that many guests choose our hotel because of the location to Manhattan but we hope they also take advantage of being close to many unique places in Queens as well!

I am so glad that you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast and I will be sure to let our staff know how much you enjoyed their service! Thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor and we hope to see you again.

Hotel Vetiver

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Toronto Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

A little late, but my husband and I stayed here in June 2012. Great hotel...awesome location...the staff was excellent. The best of the staff was Iris....she would go out of her way to help and to make a point of remembering you. I hope she is still there when we go back. The subway is a 2 min walk.. and literally a 5 min ride to Manhattan. The diner at the corner, by the subway, is very good. Rooms are so clean, balcony is great! For the price....you could never go wrong.....you have to stay here. The only fault was that we were not ever informed of the breakfast that was available..........Otherwise everything was awesome!!!!!!

Room Tip: Any room with a balcony is great. The view of Manhattan is very nice. Remember....you are not in M...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for a wonderful review Dolly!

We truly appreciate the feedback you have given us about your stay. I am so pleased that our staff made you feel right at home while you were here. Our customer service truly is something that we most proud about here at Hotel Vetiver. I am so glad that you were able to take advantage of our our location to the subways to get into the city. It really is such a convenient and affordable way to get around! Thank you for sharing your experience and please reach out to us when you would like to make accomodations to stay in NYC again.

Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

The hotel was very cute, neat and tidy. Location is great, only a block away from the subway and there is free parking but only for about 5 or 6 cars so if you get there early (and are lucky) you can get those spots otherwise parking across the hotel is $10 for the day and $10 for the night which is very reasonable. They do have breakfast in the morning. Not many options but whatever they do have is yummm. Can't say much about the view from the rooms, its not that great and the ACs are a little loud. Otherwise its a pretty decent hotel. You won't be disappointed. Also the receptionist (Nargisa i think) was very very sweet!

Room Tip: take the rooms with the balcony if you can, they are a lot more spacious.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Nat, thank you for a wonderful review!

Thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. You shared an excellent tip about hotel parking, it is true that there is limited complimentary parking at our hotel, however if anyone is not able to make it time, we do have a garage right around our corner, which I often use to park my own car.

I am so delighted to know that you mentioned how helpful Nargiza (front desk) was to your during your stay. We believe the team that we have employed here are one of our biggest assets here at the hotel because we have gotten excellent feedback about their helpfulness repeatedly from guests that have stayed with us. We are a small hotel, so we rely on making a connection with all of our customers; when customers like yourself have shared your experience, you can only imagine how grateful we are!

We look forward to having you here again and thank you so much for such a thoughtful review!

Queens
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

The automatic front door didn't work. The guy at the front desk told me it was, "messed up", through the crack in the door and I had to push it open. The floors are filthy in the halls and elevator. They charged my card twice for some reason. So, they are holding $500 of my money hostage for the weekend, which is great. They also put $100 dollars on your card for "incedentals", which is pretty weird since there isn't a damn thing that you can charge to your room. No mini bar, no room service, so what are these "incidentals"? Hoping I won't notice you didn't refund my money? They say there is a Manhattan skyline view. There isn't unless you are on the top floor. The room was 52 degrees when I came in, and there was no hot water (there was a sign on the front desk advising of this). The heater was loud and sucked. There was no filter holder in the coffee maker. There was no hot water in the sink. The bathroom had hard old towels and a quarter roll of toilet paper. There is a Holiday Inn Express across the street with cheaper prices and a better view.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Joe, thank you for reviewing Hotel Vetiver on TripAdvisor.

I would like to thank you firstly for the time that you have taken to provide us with some insight on your experience. We use the feedback that you give us to strategize on improvements that we need to make and also to figure out what is important to our guests. I am aware that we had issues with our door as you mentioned. Unfortunately because this happened on a Saturday, we were not able to get a technician sent out to the hotel from our usual provider. To correct this, we had to schedule an emergency appointment which did take some time and for that inconvenience I am so sorry.

I also am aware that you had mentioned some problems with your bill. If you had contacted one of the management team here directly at the hotel we would be able to assist you more in depth, if you wish. As for the incidentals, this hold is standard for all hotels and many bars, restaurants, gas stations and etc. An incidental charge is typically used by businesses such as these to insure that if damage is made to the room, or if someone decides to leave without paying that we are not stuck with the bill. Many times guests do not realize that an extra hold is being put on their card as a pending transaction, because it would not be seen on a credit card. This hold is typically only seen when you use a debit card, as it would pull directly from your bank account. Even after guests check-out and the money has been released from the hotel, it may be possible for the funds to still be seen as a pending transaction on your bank statement for up to 5 business days or longer depending on your bank. What I highly suggest is to actually use cash for your incidental charges, that way we can physically refund your money at check-out. If you do not carry cash, then I would suggest using a credit card for the incidental charges, that way you do not see the money in your account being held up in a pending transaction.

I wish that we were made aware of the issues that you were having while you were here so that we could address them for you. I would like to ask you to give us a call directly so that we can discuss your experience in depth and offer a possible solution for you. Overall I am disappointed that you did not enjoy your experience with us, but I do hope that you would give us an opportunity to correct this.

On behalf of the entire Hotel Vetiver Staff, Thank you for choosing Hotel Vetiver and thank you for your review!

New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

I stayed one night and chose the hotel because of the reviews. I have to say that I was not that happy.
The receptionist who checked us in was a rude and unpleasant... nothing compared with the lady who checked us out who was very nice and friendly.
Although the room was beautiful and clean, it was cold when we arrived and the heater was that noisy that it woke us up several times during the night.
The breakfast was simple but fair.
It's a shame that we met this receptionist, to be honest.
I might choose a different one next time.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
HotelVetiver, Manager at Hotel Vetiver, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor,

I am sincerely disappointed to hear about one of our receptionists. One of our greatest amenities here at Hotel Vetiver is our customer service. You will see it mentioned time and time again in our customer reviews. To hear that you felt one of our receptionists was rude is simply inexcusable. I only wish that this incident would have been brought to our attention before you left the hotel. I do see that you are from the area, I would like to ask you sincerely for an opportunity to make this right. If you would be interested, please contact me directly, so that we can discuss your experience with us and let me offer an option to help appease this inconvenience. I am terribly sorry that your stay with us was masked by an unpleasant employee. I hope you might give us another chance to show you why we do have great customer services reviews on TripAdvisor.

Galway, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

Myself and my daughter stayed at this hotel for 4 nights in July 2012. The reception staff were very efficient when checking in,the room was perfect,although a bit noisy with works going on outside early in the morning,no fault of the hotel though. breakfast was excellent,a lot of choice and the guy looking after everything was very helpful. Subway into Manhattan only one block away. Will certainly be staying there again if i visit New York.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
HotelVetiver, Manager at Hotel Vetiver, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
On behalf of Hotel Vetiver, thank you for a great review!

We truly appreciate the feedback you have given us about your stay. I am so glad that you were able to take advantage of our our location to the subways to get into the city. It really is such a convenient and affordable way to get around! I am also delighted to know that you and your daughter enjoyed the complimentary continental breakfast as well. I am so pleased that the staff made you feel right at home while you were here. We would be delighted to have you again.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We stayed at Hotel Vetiver for 5 days everyone was very friendly and helpful! Only 1 block from the subway and close to the airport. I look forward to a return visit very soon. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone planning a vacation to NY!

• Stayed February 2013
HotelVetiver, Manager at Hotel Vetiver, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Thank you for a wonderful review on TripAdvisor Melissa.

I am so delighted to know that you enjoyed your time here with us! I am so glad that you were able to take advantage of the convenience of the subway while you were here. It would be our pleasure to have you here again please reach out to us when you would like to guarantee your reservation and we will be sure to take care of you!

Thank you for taking the time to to share your experience on TripAdvisor.

Brittney Mosley

Been to Hotel Vetiver? Share your experiences!