“Would be quite a decent one in New York” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Four Points by Sheraton Long Island City Queensboro Bridge

Save Saved
You added Four Points by Sheraton Long Island City Queensboro Bridge to your Saves list
Four Points by Sheraton Long Island City Queensboro Bridge
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   27-05 39th Avenue, Long Island City, NY 11101   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #12 of 24 Hotels in Long Island City
Toronto, Canada
“Would be quite a decent one in New York”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

Pros:
- Easy access to the subway (Just 3-4 blocks away from the 39th Ave Station)
- The front-desk staffs are very friendly
- Good view of Manhattan

Cons:
- The room is a bit small (especially the bathroom)

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Anup C, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Long Island City Queensboro Bridge, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Dear Guest

Thank you for your valuable comments. the size are up to Starwood standards and we followed their design.

We hope to see you back soon.

Regards on behalf of myself and our Staff

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
  • Greek first
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Great hotel: clean, friendly and convenient to Manhattan. My husband and I stayed here for our anniversary in August while in town from Boston and had a great time. Everyone I encountered was extremely helpful and courteous, especially Augie. The food at the cafe was excellent and the rooftop had amazing views of the city. Great place to stay if you are traveling for business or for vacation as the hotel is right near the metro, with easy access to downtown.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you for your valuable comments. We can't wait to have you back.

With Best Regards on behalf of myself and our Staff
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Very enjoyable stay; friendly staff, clean throughout and nice room made for a good visit Short taxi trip from LGA. Located near the Metro, it provides a lower cost alternative to the hotels in Manhattan. I will come back.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Anup C, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Long Island City Queensboro Bridge, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Guest

Thank you for your valuable comments. We can't wait to have you back.

With Best Regards on behalf of myself and our Staff

Anup
Richmond, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Can you believe a four star hotel has no fridge in rooms!

When the first night I arrived, I could not find any fridge in the room. The front desk manager told me to leave my medication in their restaurant.

On the last night of stay, I went to the restaurant to retrieve my medication. They lost my medication and claimed my wife collect the medication on my behalf. (I was travel alone) So I insist to call the police to report the theft and the manager refused to because she clarified that must be a misunderstanding and she had informed her supervisor to handle this matter.

Next day, the supervisor manager told me that he was awaiting reply from the Pharmacy for my medication. I was so relieve so I checked out to catch the last minute of my tour of the city.

When I came back, I found my luggage was damaged and I could not receive my medication. I was so disappointed and the superior manager introduced me the general manager of the hotel.

The general manager apologized and gave me a helpless look. He was so rude and keep asking questions like the name of the girl who took my medication, etc. and he claimed he can't do nothing because their insurance will not covered.

I called the police but I didn't have a chance to report because I had a flight to catch. I realized the hotel was playing game on me to buy time because I have to catch a plane.

I hope my experience will benefit all traveler in the further.

Room Tip: They will give you a good room if you book this hotel directly.
Green Features: No fridge!!! Share with restaurant. save electrical and manpower.
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled solo
Good day

We are not required to have refrigerators in the rooms by Starwood. But we do still carry them for our guests, unfortunately they all were being used at the time of your arrival.The hotel was sold out.

I apologize we were unable to accommodate your request by giving back the money value of what was inside the brown bag. You claim it was given to someone in the restaurant. But the staff doesn't remember you giving them a brown bag. This is why we were asking you which manager or staff member did you speak to. But you did not have a name. Please in the future if you give a bag with high valued medication get the staff member or manager's name and some sort of receipt.

At no point was your luggage damaged by the hotel. You asked us to watch it for a couple of minutes while you went outside the hotel, when you returned it was still in the same spot by the front desk manager. The luggage it was returned in the same condition it was given to us.

This is not a case of theft, this was a guest losing or misplacing a brown bag.

The police were called. but apparently after the call was made the guest decided to leave.
Hong Kong
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This is part our last review:
We like the hotel.
Why?
It has a good location compared to the other hotels in the same area only 5 min away from the Metro.
Reasonable costs (but it has increased considerably since last time)
A small nice little restaurant Michael with a good happy hour in the bar.
The rooms are good but not big.
Wi-Fi works well.
The water pressure in the shower was excellent.
The service and the front desk staff has a good attitude and are friendly.

The housekeeping replenished the water but only one small bottle for two persons. We asked for more and got it without problems.
The corridor carpet was not very clean!

We still miss a small refrigerator but got one when we asked for it.
The water bathrooms sink seems to be clogged as last time.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Anup C, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Long Island City Queensboro Bridge, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review . Your notes are under review and we are working to fine tune our service staff to avoid these type of inconveniences for our guests even if quite infrequent . Service is our business and good service is our utmost goal. Thank you for helping us to improve our efforts and reach our goals. .

Best Regards

Elias Psarros
GM
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

the ppl who are working there are very friendly and helpful. The rooms are very comfortable and clean. 2 subway stations are near the hotel. Meaning - in 15 min you are right in the middle of Manhattan. the food in the restaurant is good too. I will definitely come back.

• Stayed September 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for your valuable comments .

Best Regards on behalf of myself and our staff

Elias Psarros
GM
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Patrick the manager is unhelpful. Will refuse to refund your money for a second night even if you only stayed one night. Employee's have no answers and will keep referring you to call the site you booked through. The hotel itself was moderate. Nothing special.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Good day

I do apologize we were not able to accommodate your request. But the nights you booked with us were prepaid discounted rates. In future I would not recommend using the prepaid option if there is a chance that you need to cancel.

I would place the reservations with the option to cancel so this way you will have a cancellation window.

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Long Island City Queensboro Bridge? Share your experiences!