Save Saved
You added Four Points by Sheraton Long Island City Queensboro Bridge to your Saves list
Four Points by Sheraton Long Island City Queensboro Bridge
Ranked #12 of 23 Hotels in Long Island City
Around
“nice hotel!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

this is a very nice hotel I stayed for a few days... the food is excellent and the service was great plus the room had an amazing view of the Manhattan skyline... I was also vey happy because I got a really good sleep usually there is too much noise or the bed is not comfortable however this was not the case I got a really good night sleep so for me that's another plus along with the location since I was in the city in less than 15 min.... I would definitely stay again and recommend!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Michael_Zay, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Long Island City Queensboro Bridge, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Dear 4sophieK,

We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we appreciate your feedback. We look forward to hosting you again in the future and we have shared your kind words with our entire staff.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
  • Greek first
Warner Robins ,GA, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

I stayed one night on November 17th. After reading several reviews that covered two extremes I was not sure what to expect. I was pleased to receive a warn, friendly and professional greeting from the front desk staff. In fact all my interaction with the hotel staffs was just as pleasant. My room was on the seventh floor and overlooked the Manhattan skyline. The room was clean, in good condition and well appointed. I recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a quiet comfortable place to stay that is a short hop to Manhattan.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear Lawrence W,

We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope that you stay with us again during your future travels to NYC.
Ithaca, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

This hotel is an easy 2 stops from Manhattan, making it a great value compared to Manhattan prices for hotels of a similar quality. The views are terrific from two sides of the building. The neighborhood is quiet and there is a good little restaurant two blocks away.

The problems lie in management -- a change at the top and this place would be terrific. Here are some specifics:
- the staff borders on blasé; they aren't unpleasant but there's no warmth here. Despite repeat stays (my company does business close by), I am never recognized as a repeat guest, and usually have to wait for the front desk staff to finish their conversations before I am acknowledged. Some training and some reinforcement on basic hospitality techniques is needed.
- guestrooms are not being maintained well (and this is not an old building!): things may be broken, or missing, or features of the room won't be consistent from stay to stay. This week, the alarm clock/iPod dock might be broken, while next week there's no recycling can in the room. These are relatively minor in the grand scheme of things but are indicative of an inattentive -- or worse, disengaged -- management.
- the building was built cheaply and it is starting to show: rust at the base of shower doors, loose fittings in the bathroom, and cheap doors that not only slam but offer an uninterrupted symphony of everything happening in the hallway. You can even hear the compressor kick in on the ice machine next to the elevators.

An owner and/or manager with a firm hand on the reins could take this asset and really run with it. But the fact that so far this hotel is pretty much the best one in its neighborhood means that management has gotten a bit lazy. But soon Long Island City will have several new hotels, which may get this property to pull up its badly sagging socks.

Room Tip: Ask for a room looking west. The views of Manhattan are wonderful at night.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

we had stayed in this 4 points several times. the cleanliness is getter worse. The towels were not clean - with hair and stains. the bathroom needed renovation.The services were still not bad. But not as good as last time we stayed in July last year.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
NYC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

Book a room here for senior rate
Arrived and greeted warmly @ front desk, by Irene and Alexandra who were amazing! We spoke briefly and were told we were upgraded to a city facing balcony room!!!! Wa hoo!
The hotel is sold out tonight but we got in under the cusp
The room is lovely , clean and Ohhhh the balcony!!!!
What can I say
We had a fab dinner at
Madeira on Vernon st
Nice to know one can be pampered on Long Island city!
Sheraton!'

• Stayed November 2013
Dear thegetawaygurl,

We are so happy to hear that we exceeded your expectations during your recent stay with us. And yes, it is definitely possible to be pampered in Long Island City!
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

Horrible! We needed to stand 4 full hours of loud bass, music, and noise from the wedding on 11th floor on Saturday, November 9th, 2013 from 7-11pm, (er checked in at 7:30, so I suspected te noise had been going on before that as well); and it is still going on now at 10:49pm! I chose this hotel to be away from subway hoping to get a good night, quiet sleep, but nooooooo, the staff did not even let us know there was the wedding and booked us the room right under the penthouse on 11th floor. Where is the common sense?!? The whole 10th floor was shaking with loud bass and terrible music. Horrible! I am so angry and tired right now that I am writing this review in bed. I am going to file te complaints tomorrow mornig and see what they would do. If they care about customer service, I expect somethig decent to pay for this careless and false advertisement. The room is small ( unlike the picture on the website.) The view is not great at all. I got the room overlookig the city: not as great as I expected. Bad bad bad!

• Stayed November 2013
Dear sweetfrostin23,

We are so sorry to hear of your disappointment with our hotel. At your convenience, please contact our General Manager, Elias Psarros, at 718-786-8500.
Florida Keys, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a weekend in September and it was the most relaxing experience I've had in a long time. The location is perfect because it's in a quiet area in Queens away from the city frenzy but 15 outside of Manhattan for a night on the town (with a priceless view of the skyline). The rooms were tidy and functional for relaxation and business alike with decor that's traditional but has an edgy twist. The customer service was warm and friendly and the food at Micheal's Cafe was an indulgence I was glad to take advantage of. The prices weren't bad and definitely worth every penny. Overall, I give this place a 10! I will definitely be staying here again in the future.

• Stayed September 2013

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Long Island City Queensboro Bridge? Share your experiences!