“modern hotel with great staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Four Points by Sheraton Long Island City Queensboro Bridge

You added Four Points by Sheraton Long Island City Queensboro Bridge to your Saves list
Four Points by Sheraton Long Island City Queensboro Bridge
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   27-05 39th Avenue, Long Island City, NY 11101   |
Ranked #10 of 26 Hotels in Long Island City
London, United Kingdom
“modern hotel with great staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

I stayed here in September. As a first timer in NYC i was looking for somewhere quiet with close proximity to manhattan. I wanted to experience NYC with a quiet place to sleep at night. i was a little apprehensive at first when the cab service that dropped me off from the airport advised me not to walk alone in the area at night.

PROS- The hotel staff was very excellent, friendly and helpful . on my first day i was taken to a room which i felt smelt funny- once i complained, my room was changed immediately.
The room i stayed in was a queen sized room which came with great facilities(iphone dock, flat screen tv,wireless internet) . I noticed the room didn't come with a shower cap and slippers-I requested for them and was given immediately, even requested for toothpaste which i forgot to bring along and the ever helpful Melissa at the front desk sent one up to me .

Location-Very close to manhattan ( the queensborough subway which is 10mins walk from the hotel takes you right into times square-42nd street in 20mins for a cost of $5 return ).

Cons-the ac had to be controlled on the unit itself as the control switch on the wall was broken. the shower floor was dirty and house keeping was a little late in cleaning the room.I had to call on return one afternoon to ask for my room to be cleaned which i found quite odd. make sure you don't stay on the 5th floor close to the ice machine as there's usually a loud noise that comes out when people try to get out ice from the machine.

just make sure you stay in a high floor room when in the hotel if you want to see a view of manhattan. i was in a 5th floor room and i had no view-not that it bothered me.

overall I enjoyed staying in this hotel and would recommend it!!!!

Room Tip: Higher floors have better views of Manhattan
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Michael_Zay, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Long Island City Queensboro Bridge, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Dear sunnyh85,

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent trip to NYC. We appreciate your honest feedback and glad that you enjoyed your stay overall. We will take the information you pointed out about your challenges and use them to our advantage. We hope to wow you on a future visit and hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

The staff was friendly and very considerate. The concierge and front desk staff were knowledgeable and took the time to inform me of the area, local subway system and amenities of the hotel.
I especially enjoyed a call to see if everything in the room met my satisfaction.
There is a great work center with computers, and a very nice restaurant.
Just a few blocks away is a subway station that takes you directly into times square and the city.
I must say the view from the 7th floor patio is simply BREATHTAKING!....especially at dsuk when the lights of the city twinkle in the not too distance. Even the beacons from Ground Zero can be seen.
The staff scheduled my wake up call on time and even had a taxi prepared to return me in time to catch my flight out of LGA, only a few minutes away.
I Highly recommend this hotel when staying in NYC, without actually having to be in the center of town.....its accessible to all, and in a nice quiet section of long island.

• Stayed September 2013
Harlingen
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

I stayed here on 9/10-11.
There is a great work center with computers, and a very nice restaurant.

Room Tip: Ask for a Room with a View...you wont be sorry!!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Abelglz713,

Thank you for the incredible review. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experiences and we hope that you join us again in the future.
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

As a native New Yorker returning home to visit, we booked this hotel because I know the subways and how to get around. So saving a boatload of money by staying outside manhattan was great.

The hotel is modern, clean, we'll constructed. We got a balcony room on a high floor that afforded a great view of the manhattan skyline. The sunrise offers a view of the UN, queens orzo bridge, and the Empire State Building.

You won't be bothered by the noise and clamor of a hotel in the city, and a short hop on the subway takes you to midtown.

The hotel is in a very typically queens neighborhood - intimidating to first timers I'm sure. But it seems safe, solidly working lass immigrant neighborhood that is found all over queens. Having grown up in nearby elmhurst, I feel at home, but would recommend travelers to learn where the subway stops are. If they are not yet familiar with them.

At the time of writing, there is a building being constructed across the street, towards the power plant that causes some daytime noise.

It's hotel charges for parking, I think valet only, and quite expensive. (But so literally every hotel in manhattan). But if you choose to drive, you will find plenty of street parking with in the immediate few blocks of the hotel. Just read the signs and make sure you are not parked there on the one day of the week that the street sweepers move through and you should be fine.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear HC_LA,

We always like to hear when native New Yorkers return to the city and enjoy our property and location. We appreciate you sharing your experience online and hope that you continue to visit us when you come back home.
Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

One of those times when you want to breathe in the corner shawarma smoke and then be transfixed with an exhibition at the Guggenheim, yet you don't want to pay a penalty for booking last minute. That is when this one stop away from it all is a very good choice. This very clean and comfortable hotel is a great find since it is a short walk to the Q train and one stop to Midtown Manhattan. Probably not intended for a long stay but great for this short stay. The room service was surprisingly good and very fast. We did get stuck in the right side elevator twice, no need to sound the alarm since the doors opened on their own, a quick switch to the left elevator was the solution in trying to get to the lobby, the stairs are also available. The best part, on hot 90 degree weather, the AC had a 55 degree setting that worked! Awesome.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Anthony2013,

We are glad that you enjoyed our location and services. As you pointed out, we are just a few quick minutes to midtown Manhattan and all the sites that NYC has to offer. Please come back and visit us again!
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

This hotel has fantastic staff, very customer centric in particular their management (Dimitiri?). They went the extra mile when they did not have to. I had my car broken into and they accomodated my car in their already full parking lot. I will recomend this hotel to everyone I know and will definitely be back!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Michael_Zay, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Long Island City Queensboro Bridge, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Dear ajauregu,

Thank you for sharing your experiences while staying with us. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our property and we look forward to hosting you again in the future.
stigs17
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

Stayed two nights here while seeing the Yankees.

Pros:
+ Smooth check-in
+ Polished, attractive lobby area extends into hallways and rooms
+ Awesome beds
+ Reasonable rates
+ Well-equipped and sleek room with comfortable evening chair, work desk area
+ They offer a AAA rate with breakfast that is only marginally more than their regular rate
+ The American breakfast offered here is delicious and served with a smile within 10 minutes
+ Excellent service at the bar with daily happy hour specials from 4:30-7:30
+ Nice Manhattan views from the 7th floor patio
+ Easy access to Times Square - 8 minutes on the 7 subway line, 30 minutes to Yankee Stadium using the nearby N/Q lines then 4 line
+ Smart business center PC setup requires one to stand, and eliminates the common issue of kids hoarding business PCs for facebook

Cons:
- The 11th/12th floors with the best views are closed for rooftop renovations, which I am told will be complete in September 2013
- Alarm clock not plugged in, no easy way to set clock
- Next to linen closet, so heard door opening and closing all hours of the day and night
- The three long blocks from the 7 subway line is not a pleasant walk at night (shut down businesses, graffiti, taxi repair shops)
- I could not find a vending machine on any of the floors - looked for a Coke and could not find one in the small store next to check-in, either (no convenience stores in the area, absolutely nothing open late at night)

Overall, I really liked this modern hotel. The rooftop patio will be a nice addition.

Room Tip: Was on 3rd floor- not much of a view of Manhattan. Request 5th floor+ to see the skyline.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Dear stigs17,

Thank you for your detailed review of your stay with us. We appreciate you choosing our hotel for your recent New York City trip and we hope to have you back in the future.

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Long Island City Queensboro Bridge? Share your experiences!