You added Four Points by Sheraton Long Island City Queensboro Bridge to your Saves list
Four Points by Sheraton Long Island City Queensboro Bridge
Ranked #12 of 25 Hotels in Long Island City
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Great staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

This hotel has fantastic staff, very customer centric in particular their management (Dimitiri?). They went the extra mile when they did not have to. I had my car broken into and they accomodated my car in their already full parking lot. I will recomend this hotel to everyone I know and will definitely be back!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Michael_Zay, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Long Island City Queensboro Bridge, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Dear ajauregu,

Thank you for sharing your experiences while staying with us. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our property and we look forward to hosting you again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
stigs17
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

Stayed two nights here while seeing the Yankees.

Pros:
+ Smooth check-in
+ Polished, attractive lobby area extends into hallways and rooms
+ Awesome beds
+ Reasonable rates
+ Well-equipped and sleek room with comfortable evening chair, work desk area
+ They offer a AAA rate with breakfast that is only marginally more than their regular rate
+ The American breakfast offered here is delicious and served with a smile within 10 minutes
+ Excellent service at the bar with daily happy hour specials from 4:30-7:30
+ Nice Manhattan views from the 7th floor patio
+ Easy access to Times Square - 8 minutes on the 7 subway line, 30 minutes to Yankee Stadium using the nearby N/Q lines then 4 line
+ Smart business center PC setup requires one to stand, and eliminates the common issue of kids hoarding business PCs for facebook

Cons:
- The 11th/12th floors with the best views are closed for rooftop renovations, which I am told will be complete in September 2013
- Alarm clock not plugged in, no easy way to set clock
- Next to linen closet, so heard door opening and closing all hours of the day and night
- The three long blocks from the 7 subway line is not a pleasant walk at night (shut down businesses, graffiti, taxi repair shops)
- I could not find a vending machine on any of the floors - looked for a Coke and could not find one in the small store next to check-in, either (no convenience stores in the area, absolutely nothing open late at night)

Overall, I really liked this modern hotel. The rooftop patio will be a nice addition.

Room Tip: Was on 3rd floor- not much of a view of Manhattan. Request 5th floor+ to see the skyline.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Dear stigs17,

Thank you for your detailed review of your stay with us. We appreciate you choosing our hotel for your recent New York City trip and we hope to have you back in the future.
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

A comfortable, clean, well-maintained hotel in Long Island City, very close to the N train (two stops to Manhattan) or a 10 minute cab ride to 59th and 2nd. Rooms are spacious and well-appointed with very comfortable beds. Pleasant front desk. One caveat: The hotel has an insufficient number of basement parking spaces, so if you are driving, reserve a garage space in advance.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor with a view of the Manhattan skyline. Stunning.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear lucada777,

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent trip to New York City. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience online and we hope to have you back in the future.
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

Good choice if you want to stay in a reasonably good hotel for a reasonable price and still be able to reach downtown in 15 minutes. We stayed 5 days, service and food were good, rooms were clean.
It takes 5 minutes of walk to the nearest subway station, then 10 more minutes and you are in Manhattan.
Neighborhood isn't nice, but still feels relatively safe (as much as you can feel safe in any other big American city..). So as long as you use it as your overnight stay while you are exploring city - works just fine.

Room Tip: Ask for a city view room, it has a nice view of Manhattan (do not expect anything superb though).
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Michael_Zay, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Long Island City Queensboro Bridge, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Dear Alexander A,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience online about our hotel. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our services and location. Our hotel is nestled in a residential area that offers quick and easy access to midtown Manhattan. We hope to host you again during future visits to NYC.
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

We visited here in early August as we were seeking out hotels near our son's future wedding site. The hotel is just what we need. The proximity to the venue is great. The rooms are clean and offer excellent views of Manhattan skylines. The lobby is clean and modern. The staff were friendly and helpful. We were even able to meet with the General Manager on short notice to discuss block reservations. He also was pleasant and helpful. We will definitely consider this as one of the site to use for our son's wedding hotels. We will be back.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Louisvilletraveler52,

Congratulations on your son's upcoming wedding. We hope to be a home away from home for your friends and family for the big day and we are happy you enjoyed our hotel.
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

We only stayed here for one night before flying out the next morning, and overall the experience was pretty nice. Thankfully there were two rooms available. Arrived late to property but was greeted by the front desk staff that was friendly.
Dined at the restaurant where everyone was polite and helpful. Fantastic service and the lobby is lovely. The rooms were average cleanliness, no bedbugs or pests.
Did I mention this hotel has a great view of pretty much all of Manhattan? Probably won’t be back to NY for a while but looking forward to staying here again when I do return. Would recommend!

Room Tip: Rooms on the top floor with a view of Manhattan
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
New York, New York, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

I wouldn't trust this place to do anything right! I made arrangement for a friend who lost his brother to stay here while he was here for the funeral of his brother. I told them I didn't have his credit card when he checks in he would give his credit card I gave them my card to hold the room. They assured me that my card would not be charged. They took his name for the room and my name for the card. BUT of course the day of the check in my card was charged and nobody had his name. I called the hotel to complain they told me they always charge the credit card the day of check in and they DIDN'T have the name of the person checking in but they would add his name. My friend arrives and of course no one can find the reservation?!!!! what the hell it was only 2 hours before that I was assured (for the 2nd time) they would add his name to reservation. I called back 2 days after friend checked out about my credit card refund they told me my charge card was never charged but a hold was put on card that is not what their own personnel told me just 2 days ago. Needless to say I wouldn't trust them to get this right. This is a beautiful hotel but the aggravation is not worth it.!

Room Tip: Ask for high floor
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Long Island City Queensboro Bridge? Share your experiences!