“Nice budget stay in NY” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Four Points by Sheraton Long Island City Queensboro Bridge

Save Saved
You added Four Points by Sheraton Long Island City Queensboro Bridge to your Saves list
Four Points by Sheraton Long Island City Queensboro Bridge
Ranked #12 of 24 Hotels in Long Island City
Dublin, Ireland
“Nice budget stay in NY”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

Good choice if you want to stay in a reasonably good hotel for a reasonable price and still be able to reach downtown in 15 minutes. We stayed 5 days, service and food were good, rooms were clean.
It takes 5 minutes of walk to the nearest subway station, then 10 more minutes and you are in Manhattan.
Neighborhood isn't nice, but still feels relatively safe (as much as you can feel safe in any other big American city..). So as long as you use it as your overnight stay while you are exploring city - works just fine.

Room Tip: Ask for a city view room, it has a nice view of Manhattan (do not expect anything superb though).
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Michael_Zay, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Long Island City Queensboro Bridge, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Dear Alexander A,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience online about our hotel. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our services and location. Our hotel is nestled in a residential area that offers quick and easy access to midtown Manhattan. We hope to host you again during future visits to NYC.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
  • Greek first
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

We visited here in early August as we were seeking out hotels near our son's future wedding site. The hotel is just what we need. The proximity to the venue is great. The rooms are clean and offer excellent views of Manhattan skylines. The lobby is clean and modern. The staff were friendly and helpful. We were even able to meet with the General Manager on short notice to discuss block reservations. He also was pleasant and helpful. We will definitely consider this as one of the site to use for our son's wedding hotels. We will be back.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Louisvilletraveler52,

Congratulations on your son's upcoming wedding. We hope to be a home away from home for your friends and family for the big day and we are happy you enjoyed our hotel.
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

We only stayed here for one night before flying out the next morning, and overall the experience was pretty nice. Thankfully there were two rooms available. Arrived late to property but was greeted by the front desk staff that was friendly.
Dined at the restaurant where everyone was polite and helpful. Fantastic service and the lobby is lovely. The rooms were average cleanliness, no bedbugs or pests.
Did I mention this hotel has a great view of pretty much all of Manhattan? Probably won’t be back to NY for a while but looking forward to staying here again when I do return. Would recommend!

Room Tip: Rooms on the top floor with a view of Manhattan
New York, New York, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

I wouldn't trust this place to do anything right! I made arrangement for a friend who lost his brother to stay here while he was here for the funeral of his brother. I told them I didn't have his credit card when he checks in he would give his credit card I gave them my card to hold the room. They assured me that my card would not be charged. They took his name for the room and my name for the card. BUT of course the day of the check in my card was charged and nobody had his name. I called the hotel to complain they told me they always charge the credit card the day of check in and they DIDN'T have the name of the person checking in but they would add his name. My friend arrives and of course no one can find the reservation?!!!! what the hell it was only 2 hours before that I was assured (for the 2nd time) they would add his name to reservation. I called back 2 days after friend checked out about my credit card refund they told me my charge card was never charged but a hold was put on card that is not what their own personnel told me just 2 days ago. Needless to say I wouldn't trust them to get this right. This is a beautiful hotel but the aggravation is not worth it.!

Room Tip: Ask for high floor
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
montreal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

Stayed at this hotel from the 18th July until 21st , booked three rooms, lovely hotel, close to subway, nice staff , great restaurant on site, probably best choice, Wednesday they have a free 5.30 to 7.30 happy hour buffet, wonderful, good staff, friendly and accommodating , only fault, I asked three times, each day to repair my door, as it closed but did not lock! each day "don't worry sir, maintenance will look after it" , never happened, !!! just as well we made sure to really give the door a good slam !!!! beware room 604

Accra, Ghana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

I spent a night at this hotel in July 2013. I found the hotel very convenient and quite. Staff at the reception were polite and helpful. Cable TV channels, pressing iron, coffee maker and WiFi in the rooms. The hotel also has a small gymnasium on the second floor. The train stop is just three blocks away.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Skokie, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Typical 4Points - small rooms, not many amenities, but the location is the biggest problem. If you need to get anyplace (other than on train) it is not easy. Not nice neighborhood to walk. Car service is pricey. Taxis are rare. Front desk service was fine for us, but room very tiny as was lobby.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Michael_Zay, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Long Island City Queensboro Bridge, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Dear dfutransky,

We are sorry to hear that we were not a good fit for your recent trip. Our hotel offers extremely easy access to Manhattan, via public transportation, as well as a convenient location for anyone that has business in Long Island City or the greater Queens area. We hope that you stay with one of our sister Starwood brands in Manhattan for your next stay in the big apple.

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Long Island City Queensboro Bridge? Share your experiences!