You added Four Points by Sheraton Long Island City Queensboro Bridge to your Saves list
Four Points by Sheraton Long Island City Queensboro Bridge
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   27-05 39th Avenue, Long Island City, NY 11101   |
Ranked #12 of 26 Hotels in Long Island City
Toronto, Ontario
“Nice hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Four Points in Long Island City for 2 nights on July 4th. The views of New York City skyline is magnificent. When I booked this hotel I did not expect it to be located in a mostly residential neighbourhood. I enjoyed the quietness...my wife did not. Overall I feel this hotel is great value and still quite close to Manhattan (by car, subway or taxi). I would definitely recommend this hotel if you are looking for a quiet place yet very close to Manhattan.
Make sure you stop by the outdoor deck on the 7th floor for a magnificent view of NYC.

Room Tip: Choose a floor on the 7th floor with a view of New York City Skyline.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Michael_Zay, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Long Island City Queensboro Bridge, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Dear asookram,

Thank you for choosing us for your recent trip to NYC. We are happy to hear that you appreciated our proximity to Manhattan and our skyline views. We hope to host you and your wife again on a future stay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
Hoedspruit, South Africa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

Hotel is modern, clean and staff are very helpful and friendly. The rooms are small but adequate. The bathrooms do not have a bath which proved interesting with a 4 month old. Hotel is situated 5 minute walk from nearest subway which is 39th street, incredibly easy to find your way into the city. Although easy to get Into the city the hotel is set in a somewhat residential area which is not the prettiest. Overall for the price I would recommend.

Room Tip: Ask for a city view - beautiful!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear CandiceGrover,

Thank you for taking the time to review us online. We are happy that you enjoyed our hotel and location and we hope to host you again in the future!
Durban, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

This conveniently located hotel was the first stop on our US trip.

We were greeted by two very friendly receptionists who checked us in and recommended some sights to see. This friendly, efficient service extended to the restaurant and housekeeping.

The rooms were clean and well equipped and above all the pillows were awesome.

I can confidently recommend this hotel to anyone visiting New York on a budget. The service exceeded our expectation based on the price we paid.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the bridge and Manhattan skyline.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Michael_Zay, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Long Island City Queensboro Bridge, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Dear MikeJ1508,

Thank you for the fantastic review. We have shared your feedback with our team and we hope that you visit us again in the future.
Arlington, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

This hotel is good for what it is. Room large with large desk, an armchair, two things that could be used as footstool/chair/table and a table that pulls out from under the desk and is a convenient height for the armchair. Was in a corner room with floor to ceiling windows on two sides - so lots of light. Was clean. Bathroom was small and also had floor to ceiling windows and the shades had a 1-2" gap on each side so it did not feel very private. Deadbolt did not work on the door and on my second night someone knocked on the door and covered the peephole and later came back and tried the door handle. I called the front desk and received a somewhat indifferent response. There was a "green choice" doorhanger - put it on the door before 2 am to forego housekeeping and earn extra points - I put it on the door but no one picked it up - when I notified the front desk they said they would let housekeeping know and make sure I got the points. AC was load and although there were a lot of buttons, in reality seemed to have two settings - (1) loud and cold and (2) off. One stop from Manhattan. Inexpensive. Would stay here again if I was in LIC but would not seek out staying here.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Michael_Zay, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Long Island City Queensboro Bridge, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Dear 150nightsperyr,

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your stay in New York City. We appreciate the fact that you have taken the time to share your thoughts and we hope that we get to host you in the future. We have also shared your comments with our entire team to ensure that safety and security concerns are responded to appropriately.
Hong Kong
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

We like the hotel.
Why?
It has a good location compared to the other hotels in the same area only 5 min away from the Metro.
Reasonable costs.
A small nice little restaurant.
The rooms are good.
Wi-Fi works well.
The water pressure in the shower was excellent.
The service and the front desk staff has a good attitude and are friendly.

We had some small issues though:
The housekeeping forgot to replenish the water, some towels and some tissues. Probably the it was a manned by a weekend staff and can be fixed easily.
The ice bucket was leaking we asked for and got a new one.
The iron board 's legs were broken but replaced.
All these issues were quickly fixed by the hotel and the service was good.

Comments: we miss a small refrigerator and an adjustable water pressure in the sink and in the shower.. The pressure was good but not adjustable.
We will be back.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

My stay here was amazing. The room was very clean and comfortable. The service was always very helpful and timely with helping me throughout my stay. The location was also great since it was so easy to get to manhattan from the hotel. I highly recommend this hotel if you are planning on visiting for whatever reason.

• Stayed September 2012
Dear Snotchcity,

Thank you so much for the incredible review! We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts and we hope to host you again in the future.
Columbus, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

Loyal Starwood guests should stay away from this hotel. Actually any business person should stay away. Platinum means nothing here. You will never be upgraded. Points will never be applied correctly requiring you to fix the issue. Billing is always wrong. I have been incorrectly over-charged numerous times. I have even been charged twice on two separate credit cards for the same stay! Did they think I wouldnt notice?? I finally had enough. I will never stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013
dimitri k, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Long Island City Queensboro Bridge, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Dear Guest ,

Thank you for your posting .
We value all feedback that we receive from our guests as a great tool that makes our hotel better by the day
We always encourage all of our guests to post their experiences on line, as we learn a great deal of their expectations.
We strive to run a great Hotel for great guests. We set high goals for our team and we value the comfort of our Guests to the maximum degree.
I certainly understand your disappointment as I would not want any billing inconsistencies to appear to my account. As a business traveler myself, I have high expectations from the Hotels I stay .
The value of our SPG program is well recognized by our team and clearly appreciated by all of us. Upgrades together with gifts and amenities are made available in our facility for the thousands of our SPG members that stay with us
As we highly value our SPG family , It is not our way to miss our guests’ expectations and if this may have happened during your stay with our facility, I will personally commit any available resources not to allow it to happen again . Once more please accept my thanks for being a loyal SPG member
With Sincere Regards,