“4 points out of 5 with potential” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Four Points by Sheraton Long Island City Queensboro Bridge

You added Four Points by Sheraton Long Island City Queensboro Bridge to your Saves list
Four Points by Sheraton Long Island City Queensboro Bridge
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   27-05 39th Avenue, Long Island City, NY 11101   |
Ranked #11 of 26 Hotels in Long Island City
Hong Kong
“4 points out of 5 with potential”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

We like the hotel.
Why?
It has a good location compared to the other hotels in the same area only 5 min away from the Metro.
Reasonable costs.
A small nice little restaurant.
The rooms are good.
Wi-Fi works well.
The water pressure in the shower was excellent.
The service and the front desk staff has a good attitude and are friendly.

We had some small issues though:
The housekeeping forgot to replenish the water, some towels and some tissues. Probably the it was a manned by a weekend staff and can be fixed easily.
The ice bucket was leaking we asked for and got a new one.
The iron board 's legs were broken but replaced.
All these issues were quickly fixed by the hotel and the service was good.

Comments: we miss a small refrigerator and an adjustable water pressure in the sink and in the shower.. The pressure was good but not adjustable.
We will be back.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

My stay here was amazing. The room was very clean and comfortable. The service was always very helpful and timely with helping me throughout my stay. The location was also great since it was so easy to get to manhattan from the hotel. I highly recommend this hotel if you are planning on visiting for whatever reason.

• Stayed September 2012
Michael_Zay, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Long Island City Queensboro Bridge, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Dear Snotchcity,

Thank you so much for the incredible review! We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts and we hope to host you again in the future.
Columbus, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

Loyal Starwood guests should stay away from this hotel. Actually any business person should stay away. Platinum means nothing here. You will never be upgraded. Points will never be applied correctly requiring you to fix the issue. Billing is always wrong. I have been incorrectly over-charged numerous times. I have even been charged twice on two separate credit cards for the same stay! Did they think I wouldnt notice?? I finally had enough. I will never stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013
dimitri k, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Long Island City Queensboro Bridge, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Dear Guest ,

Thank you for your posting .
We value all feedback that we receive from our guests as a great tool that makes our hotel better by the day
We always encourage all of our guests to post their experiences on line, as we learn a great deal of their expectations.
We strive to run a great Hotel for great guests. We set high goals for our team and we value the comfort of our Guests to the maximum degree.
I certainly understand your disappointment as I would not want any billing inconsistencies to appear to my account. As a business traveler myself, I have high expectations from the Hotels I stay .
The value of our SPG program is well recognized by our team and clearly appreciated by all of us. Upgrades together with gifts and amenities are made available in our facility for the thousands of our SPG members that stay with us
As we highly value our SPG family , It is not our way to miss our guests’ expectations and if this may have happened during your stay with our facility, I will personally commit any available resources not to allow it to happen again . Once more please accept my thanks for being a loyal SPG member
With Sincere Regards,
The GM and Team
Florida, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

My first at this hotel and it was great. The safe is warm and welcoming, the ambiance of the hotel its self is amazing. In august I will be visiting ny again and will be definitely staying at this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear nafiza b,

Thank you for the "awesome" review! We look forward to seeing you in August.
Raleigh
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

I had originally booked at the Four Points in LIC for my business travel because it was close to the client I was visiting and because they had an onsite restaurant. I assumed that, being a member of the Sheraton hotel chain, that my reservation would also convey with certain business traveler protections such as same day cancellations. **Not so**.

My flight to NYC was cancelled the day of my stay and, unfortunately, I discovered this property has a 48 hour cancellation policy--completely inconvenient for business travelers.

I will not book here again for that reason and would urge other business travelers to do the same (otherwise you could be left charging your client for an unnecessary and hefty expense). I have already encouraged my client (a large insurance provider in the area) to remove the Four Points in LIC from their recommended list of hotels.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

As the GM of our facility I would like to thank you for your feedback and comments.
We work 24/7 to meet the very specialized demands of our esteemed patrons and we take pride in what we do. As we have not met your expectations at this time, we as a team feel even more motivated to work harder. It is Hospitality that we believe in, and by profession and nature we are always pleased to serve! Please contact me at your leisure in your future travels here in LIC

Wishing You Great Journeys,

The Team at the Four Points and the GM
Antwerp, Belgium
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

The first time I stayed at this hotel it was perfect. The second time was absolutely terrible. Firstly our reservation was changed because of a party that was booked there. They changed our rooms without prior notification. The music continued well into the night and caused us to lose a lot of sleep. Secondly our room on the second floor had no view of the Manhattan skyline, no fridge and was very cramped. We had to leave early and would have liked breakfast to have been served at 07:00 but the waiter was 30 minutes late which disrupted our planning. The night staff were not helpful at all. It was a most unpleasant experience that I do not wish to repeat.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Michael_Zay, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Long Island City Queensboro Bridge, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Dear MartinKing1959,

We are so sorry that we did not exceed your expectations. At your convenience, please contact Allen Kirincic, Assistant General Manager, at (718) 786 8500. Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us again and we still hope to possibly host you in the future.
Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

we stayed there with a large group from France. The hotel staff was execellent, and the desk agent Jon was helpful and made my stay in New York amazing. He made me and my finance feel like home and suggested excellent places that i am very grateful. The food is great and very clean property. Will visit NY in october and will stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Michael_Zay, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Long Island City Queensboro Bridge, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Dear Desmond T,

Thank you for the incredible review! We have shared your comments with our team and we look forward to hosting you again in October.

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Long Island City Queensboro Bridge? Share your experiences!