To find an affordable place to sleep in NYC, I crossed the Queensboro Bridge ( or the 59th Street Bridge as the song calls it). One can use several subway lines, the MTA bus or walk it for best views. The hotel rates are much more reasonable than Manhattan and if you are lucky you can get a Manhattan view room as I did at this property and see the skyline all day and lit up at night.
The check in was quick, efficient and being a relatively new property, the public areas and rooms were clean and everything worked. There was no street noise as the hotel is essentially surrounded by residential areas with a few eateries and corner groceries. Like many Four Points properties the bed, bathroom, etc. all were fine and this property has an affordable restaurant on premises and a nice lobby lounge for socializing with nearby computers for guest use and a fitness room overlooking the lobby.
I would stay here again as their room rates stay below their similar properties just a couple subway stops away in Manhattan. The couple block walk from subway or bus stops is through practically empty streets at night as it seems to be a quiet part of Queens and there are other chain hotels in the vicinity.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether you're here for business or pleasure, the Four Points by Sheraton Long Island City/Queensboro Bridge will be your home away from home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Starwood, Orbitz, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Four Points by Sheraton Long Island City Queensboro Bridge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Four Points By Sheraton Long Island City Queensboro Bridge Hotel
- 4 Points By Sheraton Long Island City Queensboro Bridge
- Four Points By Sheraton Long Island City Queensboro Bridge New York