“Quiet, clean and nice views” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Four Points by Sheraton Long Island City Queensboro Bridge

Save Saved
You added Four Points by Sheraton Long Island City Queensboro Bridge to your Saves list
Four Points by Sheraton Long Island City Queensboro Bridge
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   27-05 39th Avenue, Long Island City, NY 11101   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Join SPG to save 5% more
USA
“Quiet, clean and nice views”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

To find an affordable place to sleep in NYC, I crossed the Queensboro Bridge ( or the 59th Street Bridge as the song calls it). One can use several subway lines, the MTA bus or walk it for best views. The hotel rates are much more reasonable than Manhattan and if you are lucky you can get a Manhattan view room as I did at this property and see the skyline all day and lit up at night.
The check in was quick, efficient and being a relatively new property, the public areas and rooms were clean and everything worked. There was no street noise as the hotel is essentially surrounded by residential areas with a few eateries and corner groceries. Like many Four Points properties the bed, bathroom, etc. all were fine and this property has an affordable restaurant on premises and a nice lobby lounge for socializing with nearby computers for guest use and a fitness room overlooking the lobby.
I would stay here again as their room rates stay below their similar properties just a couple subway stops away in Manhattan. The couple block walk from subway or bus stops is through practically empty streets at night as it seems to be a quiet part of Queens and there are other chain hotels in the vicinity.

Room Tip: I was on a top floor and there was no street noise from cars, trucks or people. And luckily the win...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

339 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
  • Greek first
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

Pros: Price is very competitive for a hotel that is near Manhattan. Well-located for those with business in LIC or east side of Midtown. Friendly staff. On-site restaurant was better than expected.

Cons: Rooms are small. Mattress was extremely uncomfortable with huge lumps and divots. Mentioned to front desk and my concerns were dismissed. Expect much better for a new hotel. Hallways were noisy with other guests and housekeeping staff. Overall, not a comfortable place and really only suitable for a quick stay. Platinum comp breakfast was dismal.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Kingston, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

- The room was nice
- Close to manathan (15 Minutes to time Square with the Subway)
- Price was really good
- Just approx 12 parking spots available
- We have doubt about the safety of the neighborhood during night time

Room Tip: Close to Manathan but neighborhood????
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
dimitri k, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Long Island City Queensboro Bridge, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
I would like to thank our Guests for the compliments and the time they took to write a review. I also want to inform our public and travelers that LIC is as safe a neighborhood as anywhere.
It is the hottest and most upcoming neighborhood in NYC where every major developer and Fortune 500 Company get into bidding wars for land, FAR zoning privileges and Air rights . An area that is urban industrial, (very unique in its looks) but with almost every Hotel Flag showing interest, and spending tons of money, to grab a part of. The most in place to be, outside Manhattan with the closest possible proximity!!
Columbus, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

I booked this hotel for a 1 night stay last night at 11 PM. Unfortunately I had to cancel because my mother had a health emergency and our whole family had to cancel our holiday travel plans. Even though I called back to cancel 1 day before our check-in, AND when I reserved online through the Starwood website, I purchased the "flexible rate" which states "Flexible Rate . You May Change Or Cancel This Reservation Until Shortly Before Arrival" that is not the case.

First, I called Starwood to cancel. They told me I could not without paying the cancellation fee which is equal to a 1 night stay. They told me they could not do anything and transferred me to the Four Points Long Island City hotel directly. Then I spoke with an operator, who transferred me to Daniel. He told me I would have to pay the cancellation fee, and that the flexible rate- even though it states that you can cancel until shortly before arrival, did not apply in this case because it was only 1 day before check-in. He then spoke to his manager, Alan, and when Daniel came back on the phone, he said that I would be charged the penalty.

Wow. This is 2 days before Christmas Eve. I am cancelling the day before (mind you, all other hotel brands when you book through their website and purchase something comparable to a "flexible rate" allow you to cancel up to 1 day before, but apparently, not Sheraton, or Starwood), so this should be plenty of time within a "flexible rate". And, I am cancelling not because I'm going to another hotel, or I changed my mind, but because of a family health problem.

It's too bad that this is how Four Points Long Island City shows their holiday spirit. They have deceitful marketing with their "flexible rate" and cannot even, as a courtesy, not charge a cancellation fee- even though I am trying to cancel this a day before! Merry Christmas, everyone.

I hope that no one else experiences their poor management and poor customer service even though you are trying to abide by the rules, even when there is a family health emergency that came up unexpectedly.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for making your reservations with the Four Points by Sheraton
It is very clear that you are upset with Starwood , The Four Points and many of our staff. You know sometimes it is not easy to maintain the guidelines for a Brand that offers every possible convenience and accommodation toward customer service and that is the reason there are cancellation policies in effect but also strict rules for our associates and executive operators.
We understand how a cancellation fee might make you feel and we certainly regret that you have submitted bad reviews to Trip Advisor.
Although a cancellation policy is a standard in the world of travel , when a customer or guest has legit reasons there are exemptions. Unfortunately you have experienced events which have prevented you from your travel plans. Many of times we can understand our guests requests to wave charges . Many more, we look at each request on a case by case basis and we try to be as flexible and helpful as we can be, once given the time and opportunity to revisit guidelines and cancellation information. Our Cancellation Policy is clear and very well explained and posted on all of our brand sites. We have put a lot of work and spent good money to adhere to what may be an Industry requirement and necessary measure. It is important that our guests are well informed and understand our terms and conditions as in all Guest Service related operations. It is equally important that or guests leave our Hotel with great impressions and memorable moments. I am truly upset that this is not the case here .
I wish things could have been different and you could have made your trip over at LIC . All of the disappointment you may feel now would have never happened and you would have enjoyed LIC and our Starwood property and might have even written a great report on line for all our 24/7 hard working staff at the service of the traveler.
With utmost respect and best wishes for the Holidays ,
Minneapolis, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

Spent three nights at the Four Points Sheraton Long Island City / Queensboro Bridge. Overall, it was a good alternative to staying in Manhattan. We went to NYC to meet some friends from Sweden who were planning to run the marathon ... which was cancelled due to Sandy. We were able to get a AAA rate of $227/night at the Four Points - the rate was $100 lower than anything I could find in Manhattan ... that's New York.
- Hotel is fairly new so there were no maintenance issues
- Staff was okay ... not exactly warm and friendly, but not rude ... that's New York.
- Room was small. Other than sleep, we spent little time there ... that's New York.
- Room had over powering air freshener smell, worse than going into Abercrombie ... I found the offending aroma emitter and put it put in the hall, opened the windows, and was able to breathe normally in our room.
- Our room faced the southeast ... Not northwest ... So we did not have the cool view I saw in the promotional photos. Recommend requesting a room with a view of Manhattan.
- 3 blocks from the subway, 39th Ave Stations ... N and W trains, second stop after the train come above ground in Queens.

The convenience we sacrificed by staying in Queens vs. Manhattan was negligible. The money we saved was significant.

Room Tip: Request room facing Manhattan skyline
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Pawtucket, Rhode Island
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

Nice room and building, but can NOT recommend staying at this hotel.

Stayed in a room for two nights. The first day I left the room, I put the do not disturb sign on my door. When I got back to the room I noticed that my room had been serviced even though I left the sign on the door. The sign was sticking half way out of the underneath of my door when I returned to the room. Didn’t think anything about it and figured I would just brush it off. The next day I checked out and brought my luggage with me to the train station to head home. My luggage was never out of my site during my trip home. When I got home I found that my kindle fire was no longer in my luggage. The last time I remember using it was the first night I was in my hotel room. When I was done with it I put it back in my luggage and didn’t look for it until I was home. The only thing I can think of is that it went missing between me putting it back in my luggage and when I got home. The only time that they luggage was out of my site was when I left it in the hotel room and the room was serviced even though the do not disturb sign was on the door. You do the math.

As for the staff at the hotel, they were very friendly, but I think they need a good amount more training. When I checked into the hotel, they said that there was no credit card on file even though my corporate office booked the room and said it was taken care of. After asking them to check for the card, they said that it wasn’t on file. I gave them my card, and when they went to run it another staff member came up and asked why they were running my card when there was one on file (whatever, no big deal, it worked out fine). When I got home and found that my kindle was missing, I called and spoke with the night manager who said they would note the situation so there could be an investigation. I was told that I would receive a call back the next day. Six days later, I called back and spoke with one of the daytime managers who told me they knew nothing about this and they would start and investigation and call me back that day or the next. Two days later I called back and spoke with another manager who told me they didn’t call me back because they thought this was settled. They told me to look other places I may have left it, and that they interviewed the housekeeper and nothing was found in the room. No apology, no concern, nothing but silence on the phone after telling me this.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

My stay at the sheraton was not pleasant one at all. I was shocked considering all the great reviews it received. check in was fine, but from there it went down hill. They held a fee of 1 nights stay on my card for almost $300 that was not released to me until I returned home. When I called the front deck regarding this I was told it was to make sure the card was real. I wish I would have known that before hand.

When we arrived to our room the bathroom door did NOT close and the sink clogged whenever the water ran. In addition, for this to be a relatively new hotel the tiles in the shower were really dirty. At one point in our stay the couple next door became violent and loud. We called down to the hotel staff to see if they could send someone up to check on the woman we feared was being abused. They sent someone up and the male answered the door stating he was arguing with his girlfriend and they left. They gave them no warnings or anything. We could hear everything our neighbors were doing. We complained about their noise levels and our safety 4 times until we decided to call corporate and they agreed to move our room. Our room change did not happen until 2pm the next day. Our first complaint was at 3am. I felt the issue was not handled in a timely manner and me and the other guest did not feel safe any longer. We were given a free nights stay for a future time at any Sheraton level 3 location, but I still feel that I was not accommodated for what we went through. I have recordings on my phone of the shouting and banging we endured all night and morning long until our room was changed. We stayed up all night and could not go to sleep, even when our room was changed because we had to leave to go somewhere. Needless to say we were extremely tired from the night before. It honestly put a damper on our whole New York experience. I was very shocked considering this hotel received high reviews. Im sure our incident is an isolated one and that normally the staff and hotel are a pleasure, but unfortunately I will not be returning and doubt I would use the free night I was given at any Sheraton hotel.

Room Tip: If you stay at this location make sure to book a room on the 10th floor- it has the best view.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
dimitri k, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Long Island City Queensboro Bridge, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Dear Valuable Guest ,

I am upset to hear that your stay was not what you expected and that our staff did not service you as quickly as you might have needed them to. In the business we are in we strive to satisfy our guests but sometimes no matter how much we try , events happen that prevent us from being one hunderd percent effective in our efforts
Please accept my apologies for the way the event unrolled during your stay and please know that we do care when something goes wrong while we always take pride when we receive a pat in the shoulder or a good comment. For this reason we thank you for your feedback and the time you took to relay it to us. We take what you say under serious consideration and factor it in with our training and efforts to improve. I am sorry to read that you will not be using our property or any Sheraton again but we hope to use your information to extend better and improved services to our future customers
With Many Thanks and Best Regards
The G.M.

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Long Island City Queensboro Bridge? Share your experiences!