“good value for the money” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sleep Inn - Long Island City

You added Sleep Inn - Long Island City to your Saves list
Sleep Inn - Long Island City
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   38-71 13th Street, Long Island City, NY 11101 (Formerly Howard Johnson Inn, Long Island City)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #7 of 26 Hotels in Long Island City
Bgd
“good value for the money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Excellent non-Manhattan location / very good connected w public transportation, very strong WiFi, fairly clean and spacious room (as described). Shpuld be primarily used as the place to sleep and have breakfast

Room Tip: Double room with two queens beds
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Overall very satisfied with the Sleep Inn; we primarily used it as the place to sleep and eat breakfast. The location is convinient to the subway, and although the area isn't upscale, we didn't feel threatened at any time. Rooms were clean, breakfast met expectations, staff very accomidating. We travel to NYC several times a year and will be staying at this location again in the future.

Room Tip: Easy to get from LGA to hotel via Q-70 and F train.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Milan, Lombardia, Italy
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Good place to stay, easy to reach and very well linked with the public transports.
But the wi-fi did not work in our room (it was too far from the router) and the hotel charging me for a double transaction (cancelled but not as fast as I'd liked) really ruined my holiday seeing that for security reasons the bank blocked all of my credit cards and my atm card.
When I complained about the double transaction at the reception they lied to me and they told me that it was my bank's fault, it's a pity that, when I came back to Italy and checked personally with the bank, I could see on their sistems the double charging and the deleting of the second transaction.
This totally ruined my trip as I could not withdraw any money or use my cards when I was so far from home and what angered me the most was this lying about the responsibilities.
That's the reason why I'd not suggest this hotel.
I don't trust someone who mocks me.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Steedman
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The Sleep Inn @ 38-71 13th St, 11101 is nice. It had a few serious drawbacks, inconveniences.
a. They said “free parking” but what they actually do is tell you when you get there, free parking “on the street” if you can find one. $25 additional parking fee for off street assigned parking- which I did, only to find out the following night they reassigned my reserved spot to another guest after charging me $150 2 days prior. They tried to make it right but could not because they allow cars to park where they want and do not enforce the fee---- leaving honest customers to fend for themselves. So I was forced to leave a “luggage loaded new pickup truck on the street. I was so upset I skipped dinner. AND of course did not sleep well worried about my truck.
b. The following night the reassigned parking space was completely full- I gave up & took a refund for parking. Do not depend on paid parking here!
c. On Saturday 4/25/15 (the day after I checked out), American Express alerted me that the hotel was attempting to charge my card for parking again – this time ---see below:
(From American Express Alerts)One of your pending charges has been marked for monitoring. The details of this charge are listed below:

Description: SLEEP INN
Date: 04/25/2015
Amount: $153.24

2. I am a Diamond member and was not offered an upgrade.
3. I am a AAA member with the # in my profile. I had to ask for an adjustment when I realized they ignored crediting the discount.
4. Free breakfast starts “late” 6:30 at best, and for a working man that leaves at 6- 6:30 am for work---you are out of luck for free breakfast, the deli outside is open for buying breakfast. With close proximity to the airport and guests leaving early to catch flights, this late service is obviously designed to cut costs and NOT serving the early crowd of guests.
5. There is a very limited TV channel selection, 23 channels- 5 of which are HBO & 2 that are Direct TV infomercial, 1 channel HLN does not work.
6. Housekeeping did not leave coffee packs for the coffee maker, no coffee in the lobby. Early coffee available for sale at the deli at the end of the block.
7. Housekeeping did not leave face clothes all week.
8. Someone scuffed the paint on my front bumper that requires re-paint at the body shop- another out of pocket expense.

Room Tip: I am a Choice Diamond member and was not offered any upgrades, I am a AAA member & had to ask fo...

New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The goods: The breakfast is good; price is reasonable; room is clean; lot of European tourists. The bads: hallway is too noisy even with the door closings; hotel is 1 block from Queensbridge Housing Project; parking is 25 $ a day unless you move the car from the side street before 8 am, (no parking 8am-6pm), cable TV's remote was not working; almost every thing in the room are from Howard Johnson hotel; same owner of adjacent Best Western (East Indian owner)

Room Tip: The closer to the lobby, the better.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

The staff were very pleasant & helpful. The room was immaculate especially the bathroom. The bed was very comfortable.

Traveling Tip: Use an app entitled places. You search where you want to go and/or search restaurants, travel, entertainment. It gives walking & transit directions. You won't feel like a tourist at all :)

Stayed April 2015, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This hotel does everything it's supposed to and then some. Staff is easy-going, housekeeping just right, rooms are modern and comfortable. 2 minute walk to the F train which is about the only thing to be desired in this neighborhood.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Been to Sleep Inn - Long Island City? Share your experiences!