The location of this hotel may seem a little scary but, the people in the neighbourhood are beyond friendly.
Moving on to the hotel, it was just perfect. The room was a nice size, bathroom very clean, good sized television and also an ironing board with an iron. The breakfast was nice, your average breakfast. We were there for about 5 days and we did spill a few things here and there but the hotel management took care of it as soon as they had the chance. The receptionists were very helpful with directions to and from places like Times Square and Chinatown (also had maps).
The only downfall is having to pay for parking. I chose to just find a spot on the street instead and i was fine. Another minor issue i faced was with the internet. It disconnected a few times but was perfect later on.
All in all for the price, this hotel is worth it. I work for a hotel myself and i can te you that this hotel is a wonderful place to be staying at.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located 3 minutes from the F train on 21st-Queensbridge. Free continental breakfast, with dining space available at all times. Each room is equipped with High speed internet, Cable television, a working safe and coffee maker. 24 Hour gym is available on the ground floor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Choice Hotels, Booking.com, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, EasyToBook, Priceline and Otel so you can book your Sleep Inn - Long Island City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Howard Johnson Inn, Long Island City Hotel Long Island City
- Sleep Inn - Long Island City New York