I thought this hotel was great for my purposes. It was a typical Sleep Inn layout, clean, and the staff was unusually friendly and helpful. Hats off to them. I enjoyed to low cost accommodations that are so close to the Subway.
The only issue with the hotel is the proximity to a very large public housing project. I walked to and from the subway a dozen times, only one time did it feel uncomfortable. The local residence tend to be hanging around outside from about 8 pm to 11pm. During that time it can be a little intimidating. The streets are dirty but that is typical of New York. There are two small markets, a chinese to go place and a subway sandwich shop...
I'd definitely stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located 3 minutes from the F train on 21st-Queensbridge. Free continental breakfast, with dining space available at all times. Each room is equipped with High speed internet, Cable television, a working safe and coffee maker. 24 Hour gym is available on the ground floor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Choice Hotels, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, EasyToBook, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Sleep Inn - Long Island City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Howard Johnson Inn, Long Island City Hotel Long Island City
- Sleep Inn - Long Island City New York