We were pleasantly surprised by this hotel. Its best features are the excellent location (a few minutes walking distance from the subway station or a great walk over the Queensborough Bridge :)), clean and spacious rooms (we had the one with the view of Manhattan so ask for those rooms), quite a good breakfast selection and a corner shop and Subway right around the corner. The one negative experience we had in the hotel is the cleaning lady throwing away our empty shopping bags (not placed near the trash can) but luckily nothing important was lost forever :). Also, the pictures of the rooms are just like on their website and the staff was mostly helpful and polite. As far as I can rememeber, it seemed quite favourable in comparison with other Long Island hotels and with the best location. In terms of safety, we had no problems whatsover during our 12-day stay but I can see why the neighbourhood can cause concern for some people. Have a great trip!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located 3 minutes from the F train on 21st-Queensbridge. Free continental breakfast, with dining space available at all times. Each room is equipped with High speed internet, Cable television, a working safe and coffee maker. 24 Hour gym is available on the ground floor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Choice Hotels, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Tingo, Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo, EasyToBook and Otel so you can book your Sleep Inn - Long Island City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Howard Johnson Inn, Long Island City Hotel Long Island City
- Sleep Inn - Long Island City New York