“REVIEWS OF OUR STAY IN NYC HOTELS FROM IRIELAND” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sleep Inn - Long Island City

You added Sleep Inn - Long Island City to your Saves list
Sleep Inn - Long Island City
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   38-71 13th Street, Long Island City, NY 11101 (Formerly Howard Johnson Inn, Long Island City)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #7 of 25 Hotels in Long Island City
Downpatrick, United Kingdom
“REVIEWS OF OUR STAY IN NYC HOTELS FROM IRIELAND”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

Dear Adviser
just to let you know Im from Belfast Ireland we stayed in this hotel and have read some of your reviews and can I say that alot of the persons staying at this hotel and running the hotel and staff down are absolute rubbish and should be ashamed to do so>
On arrival we were greeted by the lovely front desk staff you could not a very helpful and yes best staffing levels questions were answered and the room service was amazing.
If you need a very good value for money hotel please pick this one as the view of manhatton is one to beat and your only 20 minutes by subway train the F train is 5 to 6 minute on 21st street a map is provided at the front desk if you ask and they are great to explain .
If you like food thats easy excess I recommend the local chinese food its lovely and there is a spicy food bar the corner also very nice food and fresh and hot.
A subway food chain is only 3 minutes walk to round the corner if you like something fresh also.
A taxi to Penn station is only 25 dollars a weekly subway train ticket is 30 dollars and allows you to ride on the nyc subway for a full wek and all the Q Bus services.
Ok if you like clothes why not take abus ride to marshalls on the Q69 bus and theres is a good store there Nothern BLV.
OK if you like to try the subway the why not go to the city and take the tube to central park and see John lennons strawberry fields also 34 th street maceys and see the shrine of the owners which lost there lives in the titanic.
what great trip to new york go to woodbury common and see one of the biggest outlets for disigner label clothes again please dont go by this hotel as its cheaper and better than some of your top priced hotels in NYC I hope my review makes you stay here remember im irish and yes I can say its one of the best priced valur places to stay enjoy your stay in Newyork in the 8 days of our stay the breakfast was the best the cleaning staff were great the night staff.
I forgot to say also good wifi and great plasma tv also and good beds to sleep in..

Room Tip: Ok please ask for room over looking the queens bride and on the 5th floor or above its amazing view...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Sleep I, Guest Relations Manager at Sleep Inn - Long Island City, responded to this review, April 3, 2014
Dear Guest,

We highly appreciate your impeccable review, it was our extreme pleasure to serve you to your full satisfaction. We hope that future guests find your review to be helpful and choose to visit your suggestions for places to shop and eat. Our hotel mission is to provide each of our guests our best services and amenities so that all of our guests can enjoy their visit as you have.

Hope that you will come visit us again, and we aim to make your next visit even more enjoyable.

Sleep Inn - LIC

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

I spend two nights at the Sleep Inn and I will certaintly go back again. The room was perfect, restroom as well. I got everything that I needed for my weekend.
The view on the 9th floor was wonderfull, I ever slept with the curtains open the enjoy the view and the sound of Manhattan during the night.
The employees was really kind and answered well to our questions and needs. The room was cleaned everyday.
The area wasn't the best that I have seen but we are seeing that the neighborhood is changing for the best. Another hotel was under construction just next us.
Access at the F subway line is wonderfull and easy. You can enjoy the day by visiting Manhattan using the subway and that is what I did.
I hope that service and price will stay at that level for a while and I will certainly go back again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Guest,

We are glad that you enjoyed your weekend and were pleased with our accommodations. We understand your hesitancy towards the location of the hotel, but as you have mentioned it is a safe and secure environment which is being updated as we speak. Hope that your review helps future guests to choose our hotel for the same comfort and convenience that you have enjoyed.

We hope to see you again soon!

Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

This is my first stay at Sleep Inn- though I stayed a few years ago at Best Western (a sister building and I think the same owners???). However, when I found BW management and staff very unfriendly, the management and staff at Sleep Inn are world-class friendly, professional and helpful. I can't say enough for the help of the front desk (went out of their way to make sure my internet worked with Ethernet connection as I had to work mornings during my stay). The housekeeping staff was incredibly helpful and super-friendly and kept my room spotlessly clean throughout my six-day stay
Without any doubt, this will be my choice of hotels to stay whenever I visit New York.
So many plusses - very good and plentiful breakfast, comfortable rooms with incredible views of Manhattan, refrigerator, cable TV, iron and board, nice toiletries - everything one would expect from a five-star much more expensive hotel.
Proximity to the subway and Manhattan outstanding - I clocked it - no more than 15 minutes from subway F to Times Square!!!
And less than 30 minutes from/to LaGuardia Airport.
Wonderful hotel - can't wait to return.

Room Tip: Higher floor city view is wonderful - but you need to pay just a little bit more - BUT SO WORTH IT...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Sleep I, Guest Relations Manager at Sleep Inn - Long Island City, responded to this review, April 12, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review, we highly appreciate you taking the time out to write such kind things. It is our extreme pleasure that our staff were able to provide you with friendly services, and that you found our other services and amenities pleasing as well. We strive to give all of our guests a comfortable and satisfactory stay so you can spend more time exploring the best of New York City and less hassle with the hotel.

We would love to see you again soon.

Parkersburg, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

Nice hotel and friendly staff. Close to subway. Food nearby. Clean rooms flat screen tv wifi good breakfast. Clean bathrooms. Parking (fee). Soft bed nice pillows. Close to where I was working. Great price and not far from the city. Quiet. Not far from airport

• Stayed March 2014
Biella, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

Very good location close to the subway station Qeensbridge Line F only 200 mt and only 4 stop to Rockfeller Centre station. Very clean room and very fast wi-fi connection. Staff really helpful, very smart solution for staying in New York. Price and service excellent considering that the breckfast was included. If I come back to New York I will sure choise once again Sleep Inn.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Guest,

We are pleased to hear that our hotel was well accommodated for your stay. We strive to provide the best services to make our guests feel more comfortable and have a pleasant visit. Our hopes are that your wonderful review will encourage future guests to choose our hotel.

Hope to see you again soon!

Sleep Inn- LIC
Bangkok, Thailand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

Location is OK, about 350m from metro station.

Breakfast is very good. They have milk, coffee, juice, yogurt. Also donut, bread, begel. And I love sausage and omelette!! But it's a pity that their breakfast is the same every morning.

I have double bed room, I think the double bed is quite small for 2 men but for me is Ok.

On the last night, they didn't give me the matt in the bathroom! I have asked but they said that they didn't understand me!?!!

• Stayed March 2014
Prague, Czech Republic
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

If you look for budget hotel in NYC, do not look elsewhere. The Sleep Inn is all you need. I selected this hotel for my initial NYC trip and I was not disappointed with my choice. This hotel is decent place with clean rooms, fast wi-fi connection, located close to subway station and with really, really helpful staff. And breakfast was included in price. That was all I need for our stay and I cannot imagine what could be better. It was really pleasant to stay in this hotel. I would probably not look elsewhere for my other visit of "Big Apple".

Room Tip: Try to ask for upper floor room for less noise from street.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Sleep I, Guest Relations Manager at Sleep Inn - Long Island City, responded to this review, March 30, 2014
Dear Guest,

We want to thank you for your wonderful review. It is a pleasure to know that your stay was fully satisfactory. We hope that your review encourages others to stay at our hotel so that we may give all our guests the same satisfactory service.

We hope to see you again at our hotel!

Sleep Inn - LIC

Been to Sleep Inn - Long Island City? Share your experiences!