This hotel is located in a unattractive area with the Subway driving over the Ground. However, Central Manhattan is only about 10-15 minutes away by metro, and the metro station is under a 2 minute walk away! That's good! But again, there's nothing to see around the hotel, only ugly train tracks.
The hotel itself is quite new, and rooms very nice and clean. Nothing major, just ok, and what you need.
The breakfast was also OK, we didn't really need anything , but again, nothing extraordinary. There was oatmeal and a bit fresh fruit, which was nice. Staff was very friendly and helpful.
The hotel is a good alternative to a Central Manhattan hotel, as it is located just acros he Hudson River, and thereby close to Times Square and attractions. But we wouldn't stay again unless it was much cheaper than something on Manhattan . We got a good deal, so therefore we can recommend the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located 3 minutes from the F train on 21st-Queensbridge. Free continental breakfast, with dining space available at all times. Each room is equipped with High speed internet, Cable television, a working safe and coffee maker. 24 Hour gym is available on the ground floor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Choice Hotels, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, EasyToBook, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Sleep Inn - Long Island City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Howard Johnson Inn, Long Island City Hotel Long Island City
- Sleep Inn - Long Island City New York