As you can tell by most of my reviews on Trip Advisor, I give credit where credit is due. The Sleep Inn at long Island City was the worst hotel stay my well traveled family has experienced. We arrived to a hotel a little before check in and were nicely accomodated. The place seemed nice but was in a less than savory area but we felt safe walking to the subway. My parents stayed in the room across from my sister and I. At 5am, someone with a key came into our room while we were alseep, looked around and then left. After I realized what had happened. I got up and looked out to see who it was and heard the elevator close. I thought it was my parents, after all, I gave them a key to get in. after I phoned my parents and woke them up, I realized it wasnt them. I quickly called the front desk and they said it was the maintenance guy and was going to do maintenance as the room showed vacant. It freaked us out. That wasnt it. At 8am, it happened again. only this time, my sister had just got out of the shower and had nothing but her towel on. The man walked in, looked at her and left. when I addressed the front desk of this, they denied it happening again. They didnt believe us and requested that my sister come down to do a "line up" of hotel personnel to spot who walked in. After she did infact point out the maintenance man, he said that he only came in once. Again, they thought we were lying. We asked the hotel manager to review the security camera that was on our floor. he left to review the film with the maintenance man. When the front desk clerk phoned the manager to come back, I heard her say to him over the phone quietly "well, we need to get those cameras fixed". The manager stated that he did see the employee go into the room but only once. at 5am. They only refunded the one room and basically called us liars while invading our privacy twice. If you stay at this hotel, please use the slider lock on the door. What horrible service and experience we had at this hotel during such a fun time to be in NYC. I leave you with this question. What if my sister was by herself? Better off staying somewhere else.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located 3 minutes from the F train on 21st-Queensbridge. Free continental breakfast, with dining space available at all times. Each room is equipped with High speed internet, Cable television, a working safe and coffee maker. 24 Hour gym is available on the ground floor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Choice Hotels, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo, EasyToBook, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Sleep Inn - Long Island City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Howard Johnson Inn, Long Island City Hotel Long Island City
- Sleep Inn - Long Island City New York