We stayed at this hotel for one night pre-cruise in December. We did take the subway there, which we won't do again unless we have located the elevators in advance since we had luggage. But it was easy to get there on the train from Herald Square.
We were very happy with the hotel at first. Check in was a breeze and the attendant was pleasant. We also checked in after midnight. We were asked for our ID, but that's not a big deal to us. The room wasn't huge, but it was all we needed for the two of us. No way there could have been a third person in the room. The breakfast wasn't the best that we've had, but they had a nice selection. The only things lacking was breakfast meat and a waffle iron. But they had eggs, pastries, cereal, milk, juices, and yogurt. The toaster oven was appreciated, although we wished they had a bagel slicer. They also had butter, jelly, and cream cheese. They have an overflow area for breakfast by the vending machines.
Now on to the one issue we had and the reason for the title of this review, we had no hot water. The temperature was luke warm at best. We have stayed in Red Roof Inns and Motel 6's before and NEVER had this issue. We didn't call the front desk because we didn't have time. We had already called for a cab to take us to the cruise port. Did we shower during a peak time, probably, but that's no excuse. All we want in a hotel is a clean room with working thermostat, if we need to use it, and hot water for a shower. The breakfast was a bonus. It could have been donuts and we would have been happy because our other needs would have been met.
We won't stay here again if we have a choice because of this. Can't take the chance again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located 3 minutes from the F train on 21st-Queensbridge. Free continental breakfast, with dining space available at all times. Each room is equipped with High speed internet, Cable television, a working safe and coffee maker. 24 Hour gym is available on the ground floor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Choice Hotels, Booking.com, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, EasyToBook, Priceline and Otel so you can book your Sleep Inn - Long Island City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Howard Johnson Inn, Long Island City Hotel Long Island City
- Sleep Inn - Long Island City New York