My husband and I came to NYC on business with limited funds for lodging. The Sleep Inn's rates are very tough to beat considering location and amenities. I called a couple of days ahead to confirm the reservation and request a top floor room (as suggested in many reviews below.) Monika assisted me, was very friendly, professional, and thorough. I arrived ontime and a young man (didn't catch his name) checked me in. He smiled, answered all my questions, and welcomed me to the Inn. They placed us in a quiet room on the very top floor (the 10th) for no extra charge. Our A/C worked perfectly the entire stay. The room was clean, and appeared recently renovated. The bed was extremely comfortable, the bathroom immaculate, and so we enjoyed an excellent stay. We liked how close it was to the F-line train - as our work was in Jackson Heights and in Manhattan it made it easy commuting... only 4 blocks from the hotel! They permitted a slightly late checkout with no penalties, and at check-out Monika was again gracious, smiled and laughed, and was genuinely interested when she asked about our stay. The bill was wonderfully low (for NYC), and we were on our way.
The only negatives: walking back to the hotel from the subway at night is definitely sketchy. There is a police presence which helps, but use your streetsmarts and do not make eye contact with anyone. Also the breakfast situation is far from ideal - unless you are there at 6am it is a loud, hectic affair. I couldn't get a seat any morning I was down there, and all people speaking 50 languages loudly simultaneously is not a relaxing way to start the morning. So we skipped the hotel breakfast and went elsewhere, and all was well.
If you don't want to drop cash in over-priced Manhattan hotels but still want quick access to the center, I would highly recommend the Long Island City Sleep Inn. To have such clean, comfortable rooms with outstanding service at the desk is often a rare combination these days. My compliments to the manager! James M.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located 3 minutes from the F train on 21st-Queensbridge. Free continental breakfast, with dining space available at all times. Each room is equipped with High speed internet, Cable television, a working safe and coffee maker. 24 Hour gym is available on the ground floor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Choice Hotels, Tingo, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL, EasyToBook, Priceline and Otel so you can book your Sleep Inn - Long Island City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Howard Johnson Inn, Long Island City Hotel Long Island City
- Sleep Inn - Long Island City New York