“Lively spot but am sure they didn't put the rum in my cocktail” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Eclectic
London, United Kingdom
“Lively spot but am sure they didn't put the rum in my cocktail”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

Didn't eat here, though the food looked good (from what we saw at other tables)
Dark and woody - imagine you could very easily come in here and lose complete track of time, and leave many hours and many cocktails later!
Husband had a very strong rum cocktail, I couldn't taste any rum in mine - thought it was the overpowering ginger, but think maybe they put my shots of rum into husband's glass??
Despite that, would recommend giving this place a go - enjoy!

Visited September 2013

86% Recommend
Rego Park, New York
“Hidden gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

Without question the best of the numerous speakeasy-type bars that have opened in New York City. Great selection of drinks (the "Don Lockwood" is my new favorite), friendly and knowledgable bartenders and nice ambience. Also much cheaper than the manhattan spots. The bar is hard to find even if you know the address - very non-descript entrance - but is definitely worth the effort. If you're into the speakeasy trend, don't miss this place!

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Los Angeles, California
“Great cocktails. Great character. Easy Trip from Manhattan.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

It seems Long Island City is really up and coming and now it has a trendy bar (in the Brooklyn mold) to go with it. My favorite places are hidden and off the beaten path and this is one of the best I've found. Dark with old fashioned character (lots of exposed wood and private booths). A great list of cocktails. Interesting crowd. I haven't eaten here yet but the drink menu is impressive and the bartenders are not eye candy, they're real professionals (well perhaps eye candy if you like suspenders and ironic mustaches).

If you're looking for an easy adventure outside of Manhattan then this is your place. Only 1 stop from Midtown --- just don't get lost trying to find it.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
New York City, New York
“OMG; gets out o' here...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

Just had Dr. Funk rum drink at the Durch Kills... My, my, my.. Not to be missed! What a place. The drinks are amazing, atmosphere is a step back in time... Think Dick Van Dyke, Lucy and Ricky, Rosemarie ... A definite must!

Visited July 2013
New York City, New York
“It's a speakeasy with delicious cocktails and friendly staff.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

Friends took me as I'm sure I couldn't have found it on my own. I only went for drinks so I cannot speak about the food which I understand they have now expanded their menu. The cocktails ate carefully concocted by quirky, fun, and friendly young people. I strongly recommend the Gold Rush,bourbon and fresh ginger!! I could have one of these for breakfast, everyday.

Visited January 2013