“Very Fun Speakeasy” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night, Drinks
Los Angeles, California, USA
“Very Fun Speakeasy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I felt like I was back in the 1920's when I walked into this bar. I have so many great things to say about this place. The ice cubes are uniquely cut from a big block of ice so in some drinks, one cube fits the entire glass. They don't serve the usual alcohol brands like Grey Goose. The alcohol brands are very different- none I've ever seen before and I work as a bartender in Los Angeles. The bartenders are dressed in white shirts with black vests, are very nice and very knowledgeable in the drinks they serve. They make their own ginger ale and put non-usual things in some of their drinks, like maple syrup. It was definitely a great and extremely fun experience. I highly recommend it

Visited December 2012

New York City, New York
“amazing cocktail!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

If you want to experience a proper cocktail, try this place.

Unfortunately, they do not have any food.

Visited November 2012
Newcastle Upon Tyne
“Incredible speakeasy.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

We have been to LIC before, as well as Dutch Kills, but this trip saw a massive improvement. We sat at the bar and were attended to by a friendly and knowledgeable bartender. I described what I wanted, he made it, and he confidently added twists to the menu cocktails to make it a little bit more personal. Last time we sat in a booth but without a doubt the bar was better.

“A spectacular discovery!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012 via mobile

I was recommended this bar by locals and it exceeded all my expectations. Atmospherically dingy, with pleasant but in no way obsequious staff who mix a mean cocktail, the visit was one of the highlights of my 4-day stay in New York. Indeed, being a certain type of bloke, I tend to compile lists of such things and Dutch Kills goes into my top 10 bars ANYWHERE! Warning: this is not for anyone who likes brightly lit, upbeat, "townie" bars. :-)

Brooklyn,NY
“1920's Sophisticated Bar”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2012

Just drinks - but so superb with fabulous live jazz. Interesting to see how they cut their ice from a large block.