“Excellent price and location” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #13 of 25 Hotels in Long Island City
“Excellent price and location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Subway is 5 mins walk from hotel. Only 4 stops to Rockefeller Centre. Rooms clean and tidy. Breakfast was continental and filling. Staff very helpful. Wifi was excellent, very fast and always available. We are planning a trip back and would defiantly stay here again. The difference between staying here and Manhattan was £300 for a week. Our unlimited subway ticket for a week was $30 each. if staying here La Gardia airport is a lot closer than JFK. We took the subway from JFK airport to the hotel and found this quite easy. It took around 45 mins which is what it takes by taxi because of the traffic.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of Manhattan skyline as they are very limited.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
  • Turkish first
Uk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

Went to New York with my daughter and booked into this hotel. We found the hotel very friendly with a quick check in. Our room over looked manhatten so had fantastic views. The room was clean, warm and spacious.
The breakfast was just what we needed a good selection, toast, coffee tea etc, etc. the breakfast staff where friendly, happy and always had a smile. the staff where helpful with directions. We felt very safe travelling from the hotel to the subway which was two blocks away.
Excellent would use again.

Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I booked this hotel through Kayak, and was mostly satisfied. Rooms were very clean, beds were comfortable, and the bathrooms were clean and functional. It wasn't the trendiest, but comfort is more important to me. The staff was nice, and it's like a two minute walk to the subway. Breakfast was included, which was nice, except that the eggs and pancakes were cold, and tasted a bit metallic. They had a microwave but there was kind of no saving the eggs. Otherwise, there were plenty of bread options, cereal, and oatmeal. The traffic noise was a bit annoying, but the sound proofing between rooms seemed to be good. If you're looking to find a nice place with an easy (2 stop!) commute to Manhattan, this is your hotel.

Room Tip: Higher floors might have less traffic noise.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Southaven, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Very satisfied with this hotel and location. Approx. 2 blocks from F line and and great price for the location. Property seems to be fairly new and the staff was great, arrived around noon and staff went out of their way to get us into a room within 30 minutes. Sorry I didn't write down any names, the young lady who checked us in was great. ( Hopstra?). We would stay again. Breakfast was typical continental fare and would take care of you till lunch.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Phoenix, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

According to my experience hotels with $400/night do not offer much exempt having luxury lobbies and perhaps a couple of more items for breakfast. I paid $150/night (including tax) and my expectation from a hotel (cleanness, considerate staff, closeness to subway or time square, comfort, etc) was fulfilled. This was my first experience with this hotel in NY, and I will no longer look for the so called luxury hotels. This hotel is going to be my target for my entire trips to NY.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Norway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Firstly, I have to say that I was skeptical due to the surroundings of the hotel prior to my arrival, after reading all the negative reviews. However, I wasted my time reading those as the surroundings were not scary or of such negative caracter as you would expect from the reviews. When you arrive from the subway you can see the hotel instantly. If you worry to much, you just take a taxi. We arrived to the hotel around 23:30 every day and didn't have any problem with safety. The area doesn't look pretty, but who cares - this is not what you will take pictures of, is it? I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the hotel. However, one is responsible for ones own safety.

I must have considered at least five hotels before booking this one prior to our trip. I don't regret my choice at all. This hotel is not luxurious and not the best one you have ever visited in your entire life. If you want that, book something at Manhattan and stop reading.

If you want a hotel which is close to Times Square (12-15 min by subway) and still is cheap compared to Manhattan, this is of great quality. It is clean and it met our expectations. We asked for a view over Manhattan and when I arrived I asked if I had gotten one. The lady replied; "Of course you have." Excellent.

The breakfast isn't amazing, but it will get you started for the day and the bagels and hamburgers are great.

I would live there again if I was to save money. I will however live in Manhattan the next time as I think it is the most convenient (if you can afford it).

We slept seven nights at this hotel.

Also, there is a Subway resturant just next to the hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view towards Manhattan and the bridge. We had the 9th floor.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Indianapolis, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Check your bill with this location everyday. The staff charge your credit card without presenting a bill, notice or receipt. They blame everything on their system. No acceptance of fault by the staff.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Been to BEST WESTERN Plaza Hotel? Share your experiences!