“A place you wont regret” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #14 of 24 Hotels in Long Island City
Lima, United States
“A place you wont regret”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

As soon as I arrived, I felt welcomed, place didn't look dangerous and the lobby was presentably fancy. I had parking so that was a plus and all my needs were taken care of by the staff as far as reservations, applicable discounts, service and room arrangements. The room is surprisingly trendy. My friends in the local area of NY even say it looks nice. Travelling from the Midwest for a weekend getaway to NY, I honestly don't think I would choose another place to stay after the weekend here. Thanks Best Western, see you next month!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
  • Turkish first
Copenhagen, Denmark
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

We spent 5 nights at this hotel, and we were very satisfied.
The area where the hotel is located is not very nice, but the subway-station is only 2 minutes away and in 20 minutes it will take you to the Empire State Building.
Our room was on the topfloor (10th floor) and we had a nice Manhattan-view. The room was not very big, but had all the amenities we needed. Linen and towels were changed every day and it was very clean.
The staff was very helpful and could give us advice on what to see and do. They also helped us order pizza when we arrived and were tired after a long flight.
The only thing that we didn't really like was the breakfast. The breakfast room is really small and the food was very boring.
We paid app. 150 $ pr night and that was a good deal compared to the Manhattan prices.
We will definitely stay here again the next time we're going til New York.

Room Tip: Go for a room with Manhattan-view
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
St. Paul, MN, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

We toured New York with a grandchild and found this hotel to be clean, with a great morning breakfast, friendly staff that could answer our questions and arrange a taxi to the airport at the end. It was a great location to use the subway (a 5 minute walk to the station) to reach the heart of Manhattan. If we visit New York again, we would definitely try to use this hotel and would recommend it for our friends.

Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

We did not choose this hotel - our friends from France's travel agent did so it is popular abroad as good value. We had a large, lovely room on the 10th floor with a great view of the bridge. Some of the rooms were smaller. The room was clean and fresh and even late at night there was hot water. I liked having a small fridge to store fruit and juice. They do have computers up from the lobby so we were able to print off our boarding passes. Staff was pleasant and called us a cab for the airport. We were at La Guardia and it cost $25.00 from the hotel to the airport. Seems they will store your luggage before or after checkout but in the front lobby in full view. We stored ours with our friends who stayed on another week.

I would have liked to have been closer to downtown Manhattan. A girlfriend of mine found a lovely boutique hotel near Central Park for 40% off and it came out about the same price - really expensive when you add in the hotel tax and state tax and all the other taxes ($200 per night). We used subways but did find it a long day as we did not return to our hotel to shower/rest or freshen up for dinner - then go out again. In general I find I like Best Westerns in Europe which are more individual and elegant than in US cities. We stayed in a gorgeous hotel (Best Western) inside Carcassone in France.

The convenience store next door was a blessing for bottled water, juice, fruit. As I am Gluten - Free the complimentary breakfast was useless for me - mostly buns and croissants and cereal and yogurt (with additives) and the only fruit on offer was a delicious apple that was a little soft. Most people complained that the eating area was small and crowded. My boyfriend would bring juice up for me after his breakfast with his friends who found it fine. Luckily there are lots of coffee places all over NYC - even the museums make great cappuccino and latte. We did stop by late at night on our way in and get hot water to make tea (yes it was boiling not tepid) so if you're a tea drinker bring your own tea bags and voila! We also made hot chocolate with their powdered chocolate so that was a bonus. There aren't restaurants in the area. One night we got off the subway at the wrong entrance and started walking through the 'projects' - a bit scary for me - so we turned around and walked briskly back to find our hotel. This was the only time I was frightened. I felt safe in the hotel per se.

I travel quite a bit and research thoroughly beforehand. I don't think I would have chosen this hotel but it was fine as the entire trip was fabulous with all the great art museums and fabulous theatre.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Ringgold, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

Hotel staff rude, breakfast awful, noisy, poor parking, not very clean. Hotel not in a good part of town. Most of hotel staff very rude...if you have a problem they speak to each other in their native language between one another. I would not stay here again if they were to give away a free flight and nights....buyer beware

Smarties98
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

Well my experience didn't really started on the right foot when I did thee booking. I was told that I was going to get a confirmation by email which I didn't received. However, arriving late my booking was confirmed when I checked in.

The room was a little small but for the time we spent in it was good. The room was cleaned daily and we weren't disturb at all until we left for the day. It wasn'n a 5 star but it was very convenient. We were a block away from the subway and the price was very good in comparison to others in downtown New York.

If I was to go back I would choose that hotel again but there is some improvement on their customer service and the food that they served for breakfast.

Room Tip: There is no swimming pool and no room service that we used.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Spokane, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

Very pleased to find this gem. Regular sized rooms at 1/2 the price of staying in Manhattan, yet only three miles away! Though the noise from traffic made it impossible to open windows we found the fan to be perfect quiet white noise and we slept really well. Every one of the staff we met provided exceptional customer service! Would stay here again and would recommend.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Been to BEST WESTERN Plaza Hotel? Share your experiences!