You added Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, New York City in Queens to your Saves list
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, New York City in Queens
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   40-34 Crescent Street, Long Island City, NY 11101   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Try our Business Package
Ranked #19 of 26 Hotels in Long Island City

Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

My sister and I shared a room with a king. It was small, but clean. We had a beautiful biew of Manhattan.
Being really close to the subway was a huge highlight. We were one stop away from Manhattan.

The continental breakfast served Bagels, donuts, bananas, cereal, yogurt and sausage and eggs. Most days the eggs were cold. The toaster didn't work well.

Both of us brought ear plugs to sleep and slept soundly.

• Stayed February 2016, traveled with friends
      Location
      Rooms
    • 3 of 5 stars

Review collected in partnership with Country Inns & Suites By Carlson

Chetan P, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, New York City in Queens, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Thank you for sharing this heartfelt review of our hospitality and accommodations. We are glad that you found the majority of your experience to be satisfactory. We are all looking forward to your next visit and hope it will be just as enjoyable.
Lincoln, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I have e-mailed the hotel direct twice and so have Booking.com with no reply to my questions. I have been asking about Military / Government Discount for our 6 night stay at the end of March for British Military which I booked a few months ago at the Best available rate. After getting no where with the emails I phoned the hotel direct, yes all the way from the UK, to be told the discount is for US Military only!!! In the UK we offer military discount to military from any country, and I know La Quinta in the US also offer military discount to the British military. Feel a bit let down. Hoping for a room on the 8th or 9th floor which I also asked in my email as have paid extra for a city view. Would appreciate a reply to my e-mail from the hotel.

Stayed February 2016, traveled with family
Chetan P, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, New York City in Queens, responded to this review, 4 days ago
I hope you will accept our sincerest apologies for this inconvenience, and I thank you for bringing the matter to our attention. This issue is being addressed with our management. We look forward to showing you how we have learned from your experience.
Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed Dec 6-10th, 2015. The location to the subway stations (we used 2 different ones during our stay) is great and makes this hotel worthwhile. The breakfast included isn't anything amazing but it was good (especially the doughnuts!) and it kept us full each day. The breakfast seemed to be replenished often but you may have trouble finding a seat if you go around 8am. The room was ok, nothing amazing, and the bathroom left something to be desired but it worked for us since we were just there to sleep.

Location plus free breakfast makes it a nice value and worth the savings to not be in Manhattan. The price was comparable to this kind of hotel in the Midwest.

• Stayed December 2015, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
Thank you for sharing this heartfelt review of our hospitality and accommodations. We are glad that you found the majority of your experience to be satisfactory. I am so glad that you enjoyed the breakfast and the service. We are all looking forward to your next visit and hope it will be just as enjoyable.
Montreal
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My family and I stayed at from 12-28 to 12-30 and we were very dissatisfied with the quality of the accommodations. I am a sliver Club Carleton member and I have stayed at the Country Inn and Suites in both Lake George and Niagara Falls, as well as several Radisson hotels. I booked our stay at your hotel based on my loyalty to your brand and with the expectation of the same quality as the other hotels. I have attached pictures taken of our room (614), which demonstrate the poor and unsanitary condition of the bathroom in our room during our stay. There is a serious mold problem along the ceiling in the shower, the bathroom ceiling has water stains and is cracked and the sink is cracked, dirty and should be replaced. My son suffers from asthma and the dirty heater vents, filthy carpets and mold problem raised serious concerns about the air quality in the room and put him at risk for an asthma attack which may have required medical attention.

We raised these concerns to the clerks at the front desk on two occasions, and both times I was told that we needed to speak to the manager but he wasn't available. The clerk gave me a business card with a Gmail address and told me to send an email with the pictures to get compensated. Guess what? No reply to my numerous emails.

• Stayed December 2015, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
      Location
    • 1 of 5 stars
Chetan P, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, New York City in Queens, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
We sincerely apologize for the unsatisfactory experience that you had in our hotel. Thank you for the feedback as we will look into this and resolve immediately. We hope that you can still give us another chance on your next visit in the area.

Travelers are raving about these Long Island City hotels

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

At first my husband and I were nervous when reading other reviews after I had booked the reservation. However we decided to give it a shot. Upon arrival we were greeted by very courteous personnel. Left the bags in the concierge area while exploring NY before check in was available. Hot breakfast included eggs, sausages, cereals, donuts, coffee, juices, different types of bread. Overall we were extremely satisfied with the hotel property, the staff, and location (subway walking distance). We had an awesome time in NY....

Room Tip: 7th floor had excellent view
  • Stayed January 2016, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for giving us a five star rating! I am glad that you had an awesome stay with us. We are happy to know that you were completely satisfied with our staff's excellent customer service, hot breakfast and accessible location. Thank you for staying with us and we are definitely looking forward for your next visit in our hotel.
Buenos Aires, Argentina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This hotel is conveniently located in Queens but very close to the main attractions of Manhattan. It’s at only one and a half block from the N-Q subway station. You need a short time to reach Central Park or Times Square by subway.

The staff is very efficient and friendly. The check-in process was fast and pleasant. The room was good and had all for a pleasant stay.

The rate was affordable and includes a buffet breakfast that is good, includes many items (bagels, pastries, fresh fruits, cold and hot beverages, etc). The dining room is located in the first floor. The room that was assigned to us was located near that dining room. We had problems with that. A guy was cleaning that place up to 2-3AM. It was a real nightmare and we could not sleep well that night.

The good point was that we spoke with the people of the front desk early in the morning and they changed the room to other very far from that place.

So, this is an excellent option in NYC but ask for a room in the upper floors.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms far from the dining room!
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
Chetan P, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, New York City in Queens, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear SM_Travellers,

I am happy to learn that you enjoyed the value and the amenities of our hotel! Thank you so much for your feedback and kind words regarding the service and accommodations that you received during your most recent stay with us! We are all looking forward to your next visit and hope it will be just as enjoyable.