“Great and affordable choice” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book a Business Package
Ranked #16 of 23 hotels in Long Island City
“Great and affordable choice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

We stayed there for 2 weeks, and was a great choice. The location is excellent, very close to the subway, and just 3 stops from Time Square. Wifi, breakfast (maybe you'll see that there a lot of people saying negative reviews about it, but we did not have problem, just go for your breakfast a little early and you will be able to eat and drink in a good, and comfortable space. I was very happy with the options, maybe a little bit more or fruits, no something extremely important.
We did not have any problem with the reservations, either all the package we ordered from amazon.

Room Tip: Try to choice the higher floors, because the street is loud
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

812 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Orlando, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

I booked 2 reservations at this location on line as the rate was a "steal". A bit after booking I called the reservation center as I had a few questions. Based on their information I decided to find accommodations else where and asked them to cancel my bookings. I was informed by the agent that my reservations were cancelled and I thought nothing else of it. Come to find out that my reservations were NOT cancelled and now I am being charged 2 nights for "no showing". I e-mailed the hotel to explain them the situation. The response from my grievance was disguising. They did not address the matter at hand and it was not even written in complete sentences. I asked for my matter to be escalated to the hotel management and it has been about 4 weeks and STILL no response.

I feel the hotel and their reservations team has tricked me and is now trying to point blame on each other. The worst part is that my matter is not being resolved.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
CarlsonRezidor, Online Customer Care at Country Inn & Suites NYC in Queens, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
We appreciate you bringing this matter to our attention. We understand the inconvenience an unexpected charge can cause. Please contact Corporate Customer Care if you require additional assistance in this matter. Our email is CCare@CarlsonRezidor.com I look forward to hearing from you. ~Dana
Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

My friend and I stayed here for 1 night in November. We booked the hotel online and the photos on the website gave a true picture of the hotel. When we booked, I asked for a room with night view of NYC but was given the answer : only rooms for couples with just 1 bed have such views. The room we were given had a street view but it was quiet so we had a good sleep. The beds were comfortable and clean. We could find everything we need and I especially like the coffee maker cause it can boil 2 cups of hot water at the same time. The location of the hotel is good: it's just a 3 minutes walk to the nearest subway station and the nearby area is safe. The hotel provides free breakfast with a variety of food like eggs and sausage, bagels, toast and Danish and I found the food acceptable. Don't forget, it's free and it is not a 5 stars hotel so no complain from me! I stayed in a hotel in Buffalo near Niagara Falls and had to pay for my breakfast and it's only a bit better than this one! The hotel doesn't have a restricted area for guests to keep the luggage after they check out, this should be improved. I recommend this hotel to travellers who don't want to spend a fortune on accommodation when visiting NYC.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

I am a travel agent and I will never be recommending this hotel to others. This makes me think twice about booking any Carlson property.

As stated in other reviews, this hotel has an awesome location. It is a 5 minute walk from the Queensborough Plaza subway stop which is less than a 10 minute ride away from Times Square! There is not much to do in the neighbourhood but there are some good places to eat and there is a gas station directly beside the hotel which is handy for snacks/drinks. There are housing projects around the block and it is not necessarily the best area, but I never felt unsafe.

We arrived at the hotel two hours prior to the designated check in time and the room was not ready. We were able to leave our luggage in the very unsecure lobby area. Please be mindful that leaving your belongings here is at your own risk! The staff does not pay attention to who is leaving or taking bags.

The staff is very unfriendly, unhelpful and not cut out to be running a hotel. Upon checking in, they were not able to provide us with a map of the city or any useful information. Most of them barely speak English which was unfortunate.

The elevator broke down on our way up to our room and we were stuck for about 20 minutes until they were able to get it running and open the doors. Our room was located directly beside the elevator and we heard the alarm go off (from someone being stuck) about 3 times a day. At one point the staff put a "Wet Paint" sign on the elevator so people would not use it.

The room was below average. There were many stains on the carpets, curtains, chairs and bedding. The shower/bathtub was quite old, worn out and also stained. The television did not work for 3 out of our 4 days. The room was spacious for 2 people and the bed was comfortable.

Breakfast is included but it is an absolute circus. Whether you show up at 8am or 10am, there is nowhere to sit and the selections are picked through and mostly gone. We instead chose to eat breakfast at a small cafe down the street en route to the subway stop.

Overall, this hotel has a lot of potential. It's in a great area, has rooms with NYC skyline views and looks like it used to be comfortable and clean. However, in order to make this hotel a good choice or good value, the management really needs to step it up a notch. Provide more friendly and attentive service, ensure all amenities are working correctly and get more seating for breakfast. If one of your guests endures a bad experience (getting stuck in an elevator and having no television) than compensate them accordingly.

Room Tip: Rooms near the elevator are noisy as it frequently gets stuck
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
CarlsonRezidor, Carlson at Country Inn & Suites NYC in Queens, responded to this review, November 28, 2013
We apologize for the disappointing service you received from the staff. We want to make sure our guests are comfortable and receive the best service. We would also like to apologize for the elevator and the condition of your room and breakfast area. To discuss your concern further, please contact Corporate Customer Care.
Toronto
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed here for 4 nights in the middle of November. We chose the hotel because of location and price. The hotel has a great location and is only 15 minutes from Times Square if you take the metro/subway. The area was safe and had some great cheap and local food options (I suggest the BBQ chicken place right beside the subway/metro entrance). That's where the good things stop. When we got to the hotel the employees behind the desk were oblivious to our arrival. We weren't greeted and they were speaking in a different language. The male front desk clerk seemed to be bothered that we wanted to check in. After we checked in we got to the room which was disgusting. I've stayed in pretty horrible hostels in Europe but this "hotel" takes the cake. There were stains everywhere, the bathroom was falling apart, the sheets were stained and disgusting, and the room smelled like cigarettes. Yes we could have switched hotels but we never spend much time in the room besides sleeping. During the week the TV wasn't working 2/4 days, the elevator broke numerous times trapping the maids and other tourists, and loud construction or painting was going on every day. The maids would also speak in different languages, laugh at you, and hold up the elevators most of the day. Breakfast was also a circus so we decided to skip and ate at a lovely small cafe just down the street. When we checked out I again felt like I was personally offending the front desk guy. I wouldn't recommend staying here if you enjoy spending time in your room. The location was great but the hotel, especially the staff, were almost unbearable.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
We apologize for the disappointing service you received from the staff. We want to make sure our guests are comfortable and receive the best service. We also would like to apologize for the condition of your guestroom as this is not something we would like our guest have to deal with. Please be assured we will take all your comments into consideration to make each stay better according to the Country Inns & Suites standards. To discuss your concern further, please contact Corporate Customer Care.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

This is not the experience I am used to having with Country Inn & Suites. This hotel is dirty, carpet is moldy, the staff is rude, the food in the breakfast are was either stale, or so watery (eggs, oatmeal) it was uneatable. Don't stay there.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
We appreciate your feedback regarding the Breakfast and the service you received from our staff. We regret to hear your dining experience did not meet your expectations, nor did the service you received. We have passed on your comments and concerns to hotel management so they may address this situation with each team to ensure that outstanding service and presentation is delivered.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

Was visiting New York for a couple of days and knowing the city the stay/hotels are pretty expensive. Found Country Inn & Suites/Carlson group in Queens which is a 10-15 mins tube ride from Manhattan. Was quite a surprise for the price (breakfast included) and the hotel was a mins walk from the tube station :)
The room was spacious and showed the skyline/Manhattan view (top floor room requested). It did snow a bit when we were there which made the view even more beautiful.
Breakfast had a few varieties. Housekeeping was great

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Country Inn & Suites NYC in Queens? Share your experiences!