We stayed here as we were on a budget. Within easy reach of Manhattan by pubic transport (you can even walk across the queensboro bridge!)
Check-in was quick and painless. The room was adequate (ask for a city view when booking, this was the best aspect of our stay). Bed was comfy. TV remote had no battery. Microwave and fridge in room. The air conditioning created a powerful smell of stale urine in the room which was highly unpleasant but luckily this faded pretty quickly when we opened the window.
The biggest let down was the breakfast - an utter disgrace. Plastic plates and cutlery, low quality egg patties, weird little mystery meat sausage nuggets, tasteless waffles you have to grill yourself, very bad coffee in plastic cups, bad donuts. Bagels were ok. Food frequently ran out leaving guests hovering around wondering what to do. Awkward queuing trying to get food. Angry looking worker slowly replenishing supplies. For the equivalent of 108euro per night, this was just not good enough. We live in Ireland and if this breakfast was served in an Irish hotel, there would be uproar.
Hotel is serviceable but nothing more. It does the job fine for a short visit to NYC.
- Also Known As:
- Country Inn And Suites Nyc In Queens
- Country Inn & Suites Nyc In Queens Hotel Long Island City
- Country Inn & Suites Nyc In Queens Hotel
- Country Inn & Suites NYC In Queens Long Island City, New York
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Carlson, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Travelocity, Agoda, getaroom.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Country Inn & Suites NYC in Queens reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.