Location: The hotel is In Long Island City in an area that seems quite run down but on the up with lots of new building and renovation in the area. Although I did not feel unsafe, my wife did fel quite anxious at night. However, the hotel is located close (under 10 minutes walk) to three subway stations which mean you travel to most areas quickly and can be in Manhattan in 10 minutes. Apart from some diners/delis at the cheaper end of the market, there are no restraunts in the immediate area but the subway can take you to anything of you choice.
Hotel/Rooms: I heard that there were great views from one side of the hotel on upper floors. Unfotunately not only were there no rooms for us on the upper floors but nothing on the Manhattan side. So our view was of the road and a taxi garage. The road is quite busy during the day from early morning and as most New Yorkers like to liberally use their horn, it is quite noisy. We had upgraded to a whirlpool suite and the room and bed were large and comfortable but there were certain small deatils that dragged the room down from above average: Not all the whirpool jets worked properly; there was a small patch of mould above the ceiling in the shower and the sink plug in the bathroom did not seal correctly and all the water would run out after a minute. I reported the latter issue on the first day but it had still not been resolved by the time we left. The breakfast room is small (and can get crowded at busy times) with the breakfast itself basic but adequate. A couple of the staff I encountered were very friendly but generally i found them the rest quite cold and aloof.
In conclusion, this is an okay basic hotel with a great location for commuting into Manhattan but loses a star for a lack of attention to detail.
- Also Known As:
- Country Inn And Suites Nyc In Queens
- Country Inn & Suites Nyc In Queens Hotel Long Island City
- Country Inn & Suites Nyc In Queens Hotel
- Country Inn & Suites NYC In Queens Long Island City, New York
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Carlson, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Travelocity, Agoda, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Country Inn & Suites NYC in Queens reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.