“clean and reasonable, close to subway” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book a Business Package
cleveland ohio
“clean and reasonable, close to subway”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

just got back from our trip where we stayed in the country inn and suites and found that it met our needs very well. we were looking for something that was reasonably priced (I know in NYC that is a relative term) safe, clean and with easy subway access and this met all of those requirements. I did not ask for a higher up room as some have suggested so no special view, but that again was not an issue for us. the continental breakfast opens at 6 during the week, 7 on weekends and was typical of most. It was clean and food was ok, good enough to get us started on our day. when we got there early the food was plentiful and there were places to sit, get there after about 7:30 and finding a spot to sit may be an issue, and you may have to wait for them to fill some things up. they do replentish things but not exactly in a speedy fashion. there is not much in the way of food close to the hotel, several pizza and chinese places do deliver to the hotel, but the queensborough subway station is just two blocks away and four stops from times square. there is a gas station/convenience story next door, the sign says 24/7 but twice we did not get back till around midnight from the show and it looked like just the gas station was open at that time, not the story.

we just spent the day in the city and the hotel was just fine to crash, sleep, eat breakfast in and head out again. there is a close parking lot for 13.60 a day plus tax, but we got lucky and got a spot right outside the hotel in the street where we were able to keep the car for the 4 days we were there and there were no issues. the walk to the subway station in the dark was fine, not exactly suburbia, but we did not have any problems with it.

Room Tip: we were on the 6th floor and had no issues, although no view if that is important to you. ice maschi...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

936 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
K-W
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

This hotel met all of our expectations - very good price, clean, solid beds, decent breakfast, and most of all, a very quick and easy point of access to all the attractions in Manhattan via the Queensboro Plaza subway. If you're looking for a typical four-star NYC hotel experience, this isn't it, but we enjoyed our time at this hotel as a place to sleep. The area is improving as there are new condos popping up down the street, and my wife and I both felt safe there.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the Manhattan skyline. No, the street scenes directly below isn't...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Paris, France
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

Since the opening of the Country Inn & Suites NYC in Queens, I am used to stay in this hotel since it is a great value in term of the accommodation price - compared to the outrageous accommodation prices in Manhattan - and since it is a convenient location - 5 minutes walking distance from Queensboro Plaza station which enables you to be 2 minutes later in Manhattan.

However, with the time, I noticed a kind of slackening with the service, with the cleanliness of the bathroom, with the breakfast and the lack of courtesy from the staff.
During my latest and last stay, not only because of the noise generated by rude clients in the middle of the night - like Spring break - but also by the recurrent observations mentioned above, I were disappointed to notice that this hotel went even lower than my previous stays and I took the decision to skip this place in the future.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Carlson Hotels C, Online Customer care at Country Inn & Suites NYC in Queens, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
We apologize for the disappointing service you received from our staff. Our team works hard to make sure our guests are comfortable and receive our best service. We do also apologize for the noise you experienced as we understand a good night of sleep is very important for a hotel guest. To discuss your concern further, please contact us directly at ccare@carlsonrezidor.com
Farum, Denmark
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

I booked this hotel early just to make sure that we had a decent place in case we couldn't find something in Manhattan to a fait price. After reading the reviews I didn't expect much, but we were absolutely satisfied. I called the hotel a week before we arrived and requested a room as high as possible and away from the elevators. We got a room on the 9th floor (the top floor) in the corner and with a great view.
The room was big enough for the two of us and we slept very well in the bed. It was a nice room with fridge, free wifi and microwave oven. The breakfast was ok, but the breakfast room was not big enough for all the guest, so a few days we had to wait a little before we could get a table.
I believe that we made a very good deal choosing this hotel. It was easy to get there from JFK, subway was realy close and it only took 10 minuts to get to Times Square, staff was friendly and helpful and we had no issues about the cleaning. We stayed in may and I'm convinced that we saved at least $100 per night compared to a equal hotel in Manhattan, so would definately go back next time we go to New York

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

Our family (2 adults, 8 yr, 10 yr) stayed at the Country Inn for 5 nights in May. The location was great. Very close to 2 subway stations that will get you anywhere in the city. And for much less cost than staying in Manhattan. We used the extra money we saved to go see The Lion King on Broadway. : )

The room itself was ok. It was spacious according to NY standards . It had 2 queen beds to accomodate the 4 of us. The mini fridge also came in handy. It also has a microwave (which we did not use.) On the good side, the bed was very comfortable and we had no trouble sleeping. The water was hot in the bathroom and we did not have any issues with hot showers even with the 4 of us taking showers the same night. On the bad side, I was slightly disappointed. The towel rail in the bathroom was not secure and constantly fell down... the bathroom could have been cleaner... the bedsheets had some stains on it... there was a water stain on the ceiling (we were on the top floor)... and water dripped from the smoke detector when it rained. I did not call the front desk about these concerns because we did not spend very much time in the hotel and we did not want anyone in our room while we were gone. We were only there in the morning when we woke up, and then later in the evening at the end of our day. The breakfast was the typical buffet style with waffles to be expected from this price point of hotels.

I would stay here again. I was just a little disappointed because I was expecting a little better from the reviews I read online.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Lewisville, Texas, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

I chose this hotel because of the fairly high rating on Trip Advisor. Long Island City has few hotels to choose from and my husband and I were wanting to try a different hotel. I will stick to what I'm used to next time, the Four Points Sheraton LIC. I would not stay here again for several reasons. Our bathroom has literally NO counter space. I've got my toiletries spread all over the room because of it. The fitness center is small and has one eliptical, one bike, one treadmill and a weight station. The treadmill is out of order so I used the eliptical, which is also not functioning properly because it said I went 4 miles and burned 98 calories. Pretty sure that's not right. Went down to breakfast and it was slammed with people waiting for tables. Luckily, I was getting my breakfast to go but I still waited in line for the food for at least five minutes and stepped up to a nearly empty breakfast bar. I left with a bagel and one sausage. Forget about getting coffee! That line was about 10 feet long! The view from my room is nasty but I was too cheap to pay for a room with a view of Manhattan, so I got what I paid for in that respect. The housekeeping staff is very loud in the halls and definitely not friendly. I did not let them service my room because of previous guests complaining of theft. Now for the positives....the bed was comfortable. The room is a nice size, unlike many NY hotels, and has a refrigerator and microwave. The shower had great water pressure. The hotel is convenient to the subway station. The staff was semi-friendly. That's about it in a nut shell!

Room Tip: Pay the extra fee for a room with a view. You will not like what you see otherwise.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Tochigi, Japan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

Stayed for 3 nights in total. To conclude, this hotel is very reasonable and convenient, I think.

N, Q, 7 and F MTR stations are located very close and within 10 minutes walk from/to the hotel.
There is a gas station right next which opens 24H, and various kinds of alcohole and snacks are available at the store. However, there is no bottle opnener in the room, so if you plan to buy bottle beers there, make sure to bring or buy a bottle opener in advance. Small bottle openers are also available in the gas station store at around $2.
Breakfast area was always crowded so that I brought a tray from the room and took food and drinks back and ate in the room.

I'm sure that I will come back to this hotel when I visit NY neXt time!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Been to Country Inn & Suites NYC in Queens? Share your experiences!