“Ace Hotel with great view of Manhattan” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book a Business Package
Ranked #16 of 25 Hotels in Long Island City
Aylesbury, United Kingdom
“Ace Hotel with great view of Manhattan”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

Took my partner to New York for her 30th birthday.
Hotel was great during our stay in New York. View of Manhattan and Queensboro bridge was lovely looking at everyday. The hotel is in a fantastic location, 2 minutes walk to Queensboro Plaza subway station which takes you to Times Square in 5 stops and Fifth Avenue/Central Park in 2.
The hotel room was clean, spacious and well equipped, couldn't ask for more within the price. Staff were very helpful and would definitely recommend to anyone wanting a hotel within a lovely area without paying Manhattan prices.
Absolutely brilliant hotel and would stay there again when visiting New York again.

Room Tip: Dunkin Donuts round the corner for additional breakfast ideas, next to subway.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Leeds, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed here for 4 nights in April 2013. Overall I'd say that the hotel is good value considering its proximity to Manhattan and all major attractions. You can take the tube from Queensborough Plaza to Manhattan which takes approximately 10 minutes.

We found that the rooms were clean, the complimentary breakfast was ok (not a lot of choice but enough to get you going in the morning including bananas, coffee, a selection of fruit juice, waffles, cereal, bagels etc) and the staff were helpful (based on the fact that our shower was broken on check in and it took 5 minutes for them to fix it and they booked us a taxi to EWR airport on our way back).

I would recommend locking anything valuable in your suitcase before leaving the room each day. Usually we are very careful by doing this every day. On the one occasion that we did not, a pair of trainers that we had bought for a relative at home were stolen from our hotel room. We began to question whether we had brought them back to our room at all but on retracing our footsteps were absolutely certain that we had. We asked reception if they had seen anything but to no avail. On consideration of the situation and weighing up the cost of the trainers vs the antagonism of accusing the hotel of theft on our final night, we decided that we would forego the $50 price tag on this occasion. This was very frustrating and as a guest, you should not have to fear for the security of your personal belongings. This just goes to show how careful you have to be when travelling and why you should secure everything as best as you can (ie locked suitcase)!

I have read other reviews on here which reinforce a history of theft at this hotel. It was very annoying that this incident marred an otherwise fantastic trip to the US. Please secure your belongings to avoid such a situation in future!!!!!

As said, other than the above, the hotel is good value for money and the room was very comfortable. I would recommend staying here, just bring a padlock with you! If not for the theft, I would have given this a 'very good' rating.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
San Antonio, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

The Breakfast dining room is very dirty. I assume if they can't keep the dining room clean, the kitchen is probably worse. I don't eat breakfast here even though it's free.

The first room they put me in was in the basement with a high window facing the front sidewalk. People on the sidewalk can look right down into the room. The carpet is heavily stained.

I tried to check out early and go to do a different hotel but they wouldn't let me out without charging me for the entire reservation. Even though they were booked solid and had no other rooms available.

After several days someone finally checked out and they moved me to a better room. The carpet has cigarette burns and the furniture is stained, but it's luxurious compared to the basement.

Location is very convenient to 7 train and a safe walk. It's also a quiet neighborhood for NYC.

Room Tip: If they hand you a room key in the 120's hand it back because it's in the basement.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Carlson Hotels C, Online Customer Support at Country Inn & Suites NYC in Queens, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
We are sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with the “Be Our Guest” Breakfast. Our goal is to ensure fresh food is provided and that each item is available for all of our guests. Your review gives us the opportunity to correct any deficiencies we may have in our service. We regret to hear about your disappointment in the room you received. We attempt to fulfill each of our guest’s requests to the best of our ability.
Indian Trail, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel over the Easter weekend. The room was very nice and clean. The front desk employees were very nice and helpful. This hotel is only about a block and a half from the Queensboro Plaza subway stop-they will tell you there is another stop but it is further away. The breakfast was wonderful as well. Parking was just past the hotel but a good deal for the area. The hotel was great for the price. Neighborhood looks a little questionable but we had no problems as a group even at midnight. I would recommend this hotel for anyone. The only thing I would say is get a room away from the elevator because it is loud.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

ive been so impressed by the hotel management. the staffs are really friendly and courteous, the location is very convenient if you travel to midtown of manhattan. i highly recommend the hotel. they offer very good breakfast with your deal.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Charleston, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

We were there just for the weekend. We got the "I Love NYC" Suite, came with a king sized bed and a whirlpool. I was impressed to find the room very clean and the staff very helpful. The parking situation was a bit stressful, but we luckily found street parking. The neighborhood from the outside looks a bit dirty and grimmy, but I in no way felt unsafe. The gas station next store was awesome, had anything you could want. I would defiantly recommend this hotel and go back.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
New York, New York, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

I Stayed here for 2 nights. The room was not exactly the cleanest in the world. The shower wall had all kinds of marks and some stains. The next day after I checked in, i saw that my account was billed 2 times (one for each night of my stay, and also a charge for incidentals on one of the days) I went to the front desk to inquire about this and i was told that these charges would be reconciled after i check out. I checked out and one day later i see a charge for my stay (which was the normal price) but they failed to remove one of the night charges they previously charged me with, and told me that it would be adjusted when i checked out. This caused my debit card to be overdrawn, and in the hole. When i contacted the customer care line they told me they do not have access to billing information, and that i would need to call the hotel. I called the hotel and asked to speak with a manager, and i was put on hold for 10 mins and disconnected. I am very dissatisfied with my stay at this hotel. Not only was the room dirty, but now I have to fight to have a charge lifted off my card because of how they bill customers. I am currently looking to contact the Better Business Bureau about this matter.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Carlson Hotels C, Online, Customer Care at Country Inn & Suites NYC in Queens, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. We are sorry you were not satisfied with the accommodations of your room. We will discuss the conditions of your room with our staff to ensure all guest rooms are up to Country Inns and Suites by Carlson standards.
We also appreciate you bringing the billing matter to our attention. We understand the inconvenience an unexpected charge can cause.

Please feel free to contact us at CCare@carlsonrezidor.com if we can assist you. ~Dana

Been to Country Inn & Suites NYC in Queens? Share your experiences!