Our family of five booked this hotel after searching for a "value for money hotel" that could sleep five, with reasonable access to Manhattan. The hotel has potential as it is close to the subway, was a good rate (given Manhattan prices) and had a reasonable breakfast included in the rate.
However, we faced a number of issues during our stay including unresponsive staff. Our request for a foldaway bed (requested when we booked 10 months ago and again on check-in) and for someone to look at our TV which was not working, appeared to be completely ignored. The bed never turned up and the TV in the bedroom did not work during our 7 night stay.
The lack of a foldaway bed, meant that our three children (including 2 teenagers) had to share the king bed. This might be fine for a night or so, but not great for a week's stay! It also meant that my husband and I had to sleep on the futon style bed in the living area - unfortunately we were near the very noisey elevator and combined with the paper thin door meant that we heard movement of people and the elevator most of the night.
The cleanliness of the room also left a bit to be desired. It wasn't the worst we have stayed in, but it certainly could have been better. We were however, happy with the cleanliness of the fitness room.
Overall, I would not stay in the hotel again but others may find that the cheaper cost of the room outweighs the disadvantages.
- Also Known As:
- Country Inn & Suites Nyc In Queens Hotel Long Island City
- Country Inn & Suites Nyc In Queens Hotel
- Country Inn And Suites Nyc In Queens
- Country Inn & Suites NYC In Queens Long Island City, New York
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Venere and HotelsClick so you can book your Country Inn & Suites NYC in Queens reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.