“NO PARKING -- LEAVE CAR AT HOME” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book a Business Package
Ranked #16 of 25 Hotels in Long Island City
Atlanta, Georgia
“NO PARKING -- LEAVE CAR AT HOME”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

i had an early morning flight out of LaGuardia Airport and wanted to stay close by. I found Country Inn on Hotels.com. It was rated close to a 4 of 5 -- reasonably priced and relatively good reviews. The hotel description idd say no on-site parking...it didn't warn that parking at midnight would be nearly IMPOSSIBLE.

I got there at midnight. I was stopped on a street a few blocks away from the hotel and ther was a won who I believe was either a prostitute or drug addict approaching each car. I found the hotel, no parking on the street but a block away was a 24 hour parking facility --- couldn't figure out where the entrance was. I called the hotel front desk -- got a rude front desk clerk who told me there was a 24 hour facility. He told me I was supposed to make a left at the end of the block ...not the righ I made. I circled back -- ran into the same prostitute/drug addict, made the left and found myself by a taxi parking lot.

I called Hotels.com asked if they could book me somewhere else. They called Country Inn and were told that it was too late to cancel. I requested to be connected to a supervisor and was promptly connected and told the same thing -- i was out of luck.

i checked out a couple of other hotels but there were no vacancies. I ended up returning my rental car...heading to the airport at 2:00pm and sleeping there.

Neighborhood defintlely sketchy and front desk not friendly.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Carlson Hotels C, Specialist, Online Customer Care at Country Inn & Suites NYC in Queens, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
On behalf of the staff at the Country Inn, I would like to apologize for your disappointing experience. We take these comments very seriously.

Your comments will be shared with management to make them aware of the problems you have experienced, so that we can make the necessary improvements, and hopefully in the future, meet your expectations.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Lohmar, Germany
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012 via mobile

After checkin our room was not properly cleaned, used news paper on the sofa and on the desk, half empty coffee mug next to the TV. Trash still in all containers and left over food in the fridge. Bathroom not cleaned at all, everywhere visible creasy spots, used soap, shampoo and conditioner around the bathtube. Fresh towels were available.
Front desk not really helpful to change the situation! Room service was sent to our room, but she could not understand english at all and cleaned just the trash bins.
When we returned around 7pm the bathroom was still in a mess! And again the front desk only offered another room service at 9 pm, since nobody was available before that. Not attempt to offer us another room. We turned down the 9pm room service since we were too tired after a 9 hours flight.
This morning we approached the front desk again and pointed out that the bathroom has to be properly cleaned and all the used soap/shampoo from the previous guest.
But tonight we see the bathroom in the same mess! Except fresh towels nothing has changed! Again a complain at the front desk led to the answer that the next room service will be available after 9 pm!
Very disappointed service and quality from the Carlson Group I never experienced before in any other hotel and I do travel a lot.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
We are sorry that you did not enjoy your stay at the hotel. Your comments are something we take seriously and I can assure you that such an experience is not what we would like to hear.

Sao Paulo, SP
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

Good location, just one block from Queensboro Plaza. Nice room, but they should have a better clean service. Good breakfast, but there is no enough space for everyone and sometimes there is a line. NO parking area, but it's possible to find payed parking near. Free coffee and cookies during all day.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Houston
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

First let me mention the closest metro stop is Queensboro Plaza!! We didn't realize this until the last day, all the while we had taken the Queensbridge exit (.4 miles away) or the Queens Plaza exit (.5 miles away) So mental note to you guys it is the Q or N train you want to take!

The neighboorhood is dark and dreary, it's not a place I would feel comfortable walking alone at night. There is a little gas station next door open 24 hours, so that's good for snacks or water.
The breakfast is decent, bagels, cereal, juice, and make your own waffle station. When leaving your bags, they dont check them in for you. There is a little area next to the check in desk where they let you place them. That was scary anyone could walk in and grab a bag and walk out. Overall would I stay here again? probably not. We got a great deal during an expensive time in New York so it worked out for us. Average hotels in the ciy were $300+, here we paid $140, so big savings that were worth the hassel. So it is up to you to decide what you value more.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
new jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012 via mobile

I live in NJ and work in NYC. I was having a medical procedure which required me to be at 64th and 3rd by 615 am. In conjunction with the early start time and pre-op stuff required the night before, staying at home wouldn't work. I found a rate of $127 plus tax, which was the cheapest of the LIC hotels usually recommended and at least a hundred cheaper than any hotel near the facility.

I took the train from 63rd and third one stop to Queensborough Plaza. I hopstoped it but walked out the wrong side. A traffic officer pointed me in the right direction and my phone took me the rest of my way.

Check in was quick. I was told about the free breakfast and gym, neither of which I could use. There was also some cookie under glass at the counter- tough to walk away, but I must.

Given room 311. Near elevator but not loud. My night consisted of watching decent flat screen tv. The blind sufficiently kept out the street light out and I had no street noise issue. I heard a little hall noise but it wasnt horrible. King bed was comfy enough, as were pillows. There was a frig in room as well as little coffee maker.

Only "issue" - bathroom smelled a Little like smoke - not sure if from prior visitor or vent - annoying but not unbearable.

Next morning, at 6 am, grabbed cab right out front, was at location in ten minutes.

Hotel was fine for my purposes .

Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Elizabethtown, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

We were looking for a hotel to stay at while we attended the Macy's parade. We didn't want to pay Manhattan prices but wanted to be close. I read all the reviews and decided on this property because of the rating on here, price and close proximity to the subway station. Our room was nice and a decent size. The property is showing some age but the room was clean and the view of the city was good. The breakfast was decent and the staff was average friendly which is par for the course in NYC. There is a parking lot real close and cost is $15 for 24 hours. There is a c-store right next door and their prices are better than what we would expect in upstate NY, where we live.

We discussed it on the way home and decided that we were stay here again!

Room Tip: Get a city view room.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Hotel was very clean, check in was fast, friendly and informative. Pay parking facility was right next door and not expensive, $15.00 for 24 hrs. Hotel was half the price as driving into down town and so was the parking. Didn't get a chance to have the continental breakfast but one of the other families that were there said it was good & they were happy with it. There is a gas station right next door with a convience store inside, very handy. The room seemed like it had just been remodeled. The bed was very comfortable with lots of pillows. 40" TV, lots of channels, Mini Frig. and Microwave. I would stay again without hesitation.

Room Tip: I can't belive there are any bad ones. But as a rule of thumb, ask for a room away from the stai...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to Country Inn & Suites NYC in Queens? Share your experiences!