“Excellent stay! Don't listen to any of the negative reviews!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #18 of 23 hotels in Long Island City
england
“Excellent stay! Don't listen to any of the negative reviews!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2011 via mobile

Arrived at 1.30pm but was concerned that we were going to wait agesss for our room as it says check in at 3. However the lady on reception told us it was not a problem and we were given our keys to the 3rd floor room. We had a stunning view of manhatten and the bed was huge! We had a king room. Staff were very helpful. Even signed for parcels for us which was nice and saved us a bomb as abercrombie were having a sale online but not in store so we ordered it online! There is no need for a shuttle service to and from the hotel. The station to get into manhatten is 3 blocks away and the area around is perfectly safe. To get Into manhatten get the number 7 to times square. However, go right up to the top platform to get the express service which goes straight there!
Breakfast was sensational! We had bagels and cream cheese and egg with orange juice every morning, although we ate in our room we could of sat downstairs every morning. It wasn't very busy. Rooms were cleaned perfectly every day.
All in all our weeks stay was perfect. Breakfast in a new York hotel is rare and the rate for the hotel is great! Definatly would return!!! Thank you ramada!

• Stayed January 2011

519 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
  • Polish first
Paamiut, Greenland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2011

Arrived late evening with my two teenagers having a booking with booking.com. The receptionist with a stoneface announced that I indeed NOT HAD A BOOKING. Because they hadn't received anything from booking.com. I had a copy of my booking but that didn't help. The hotel was fully booked. Strangely enough he knew all about my details, type of room, roomrate, how many persons ect. but still there was not an availble room. Then we ended up him getting us an other hotel at the same conditions smilar to my booking with booking.com. But no fun to show up late night at your hotel at holiday peak and told; sorry u dont have a reservation. Can no way recommend a hotel treating their guests this way.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Moscow, Russia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2011

Ramada Long Island City is located 3 blocks from two MTA underground stations, and if you don't mind a healthy and safe 5-10 min walk to and from there (or using a taxi, which are present in abundance in the neighborhood), you shouldn't have any problems with its location.

The hotel itself is a new one, clean, with professional staff. My only problem during the stay was the conditioning, which was pretty horrible. The conditioners make a lot of noise, and, from what I heard, it wasn't just the room where I stayed. The building gets quite cold in winters, and it gets pretty cold if conditioning is off for a day (or for night); yet, sleeping with it switched on proved to be pretty much impossible.

Yet, for its price it's a very descent hotel, and if the forementioned problem is resolved somehow, I'd definitely stay there again (that is, if I cannot afford a Manhattan stay).

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo
Orchard Park, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2010

No shuttle service at all paid or nonpaid. The hotel is three blocks from the Queensboro plaza subway stop. Not too bad of a walk but not a great neighborhood to be walking late at night with young kids. Even a shuttle drive to the subway would be better then nothing.

Arrived at around 4pm and immediately went to room and prepared to leave. Rooms were clean and well kept. Beds were on the small side and looked like full. We were on the 10th floor/ Upon waiting for the elevator and it arriving at our floor there were two cleaning ladies inside with a cart. They looked at us, said something in spanish and laughed and hit the close door button. There was easily enough room as it was just me and my two young kids. We took the stairs and had a hard time finding the exit and told them at the desk and they shrugged off the complaint.

Hotel says they have a "hot breakfast" but the only thing "hot" was some eggs. Limited space to eat as there are only four tables crammed into a small section.

For the service and location I would not recommed this hotel. For the room itself I would.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Los Angeles
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2010

Hotel was fairly new and very clean. The price was $99 per night which is a great price compared to staying in Manhattan. Good location as the subway stop (Queensboro Plaza) is just a 10 minute walk if that. Buy the fun ticket for $8.25 and rise all day. The room was small but serviced our purpose. The walls are thin and there is not much you can do about the hall nosie. People checking in late at night opening and slamming thier doors can be heard and will wake you up. The breakfast downstairs was just enogh to get the day going, with bagels and coffee......Over all I would stay here again for the price and location as the Mahattan hotels are very expensive and could be more noisy with the traffic situation.....the main think that I was frustrated with was the staff.....the house cleaning staff spoke no english and were all from India.....same for the front desk staff,,,,I though I was back in Bombay..........didnt seem that they were accomating for USA needs and customs.......forget about asking for a late check out ahead of time.....they make you wait just a few hours before the 11 am check out time to let you know if you can stay for an extra hour.......... And I thought Los Anagels was a diverse city!!!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Birmingham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2010

Arriving at the hotel, check in was painless and we were given a room on the first floor. We had booked in advance and asked for a Manhattan view, but getting a first floor room, I didn't think the view was going to be what I'd asked for. I was wrong. We had a lovely view out over Manhattan, and we saw the Empire State Building and the Queensboro bridge illuminated every night.
We had a room with two queen beds, and my bed was perhaps the most comfortable bed I've ever slept in.
The room does get very cold in winter without the heating on, but the heater can adjust the temp and be set to auto to maintain that constant temp. It was a bit noisy at first, but you are so tired when you return to the hotel every night that the sound of the heater doesn't impinge on your sleep at all.
Breakfast is a basic affair, but filling enough for a free meal. The dining space is small, but we were forewarned by other reviews and just took a tray from our room to get some food. There are a couple of diners down near the Subway station as an alternative, although we never tried them.
The hotel is about 3-4 blocks from the Subway station, approx 5-10 minutes walk, and felt very safe, even late at night. If you're walking down to Queensboro Plaza, there is an entrance just around the left hand corner.

I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed December 2010
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2010

This hotel is great for the price you pay. Nice clean room. Very convenient when driving to NYC. The area appeared safe. We found street parking with no problem. We checked in late on a busy weekend and ended up in a basement room. We weren't too happy but what can you do? The room was clean and comfortable and we didn't feel like we were in the basement. The downside of this hotel is the staff. I called a few days early to confirm my reservation and they barely had time for the less than 2 minute conversation we had on the phone and I was hung up on. Then when checking in they were just as rushed and rude as on the phone even though we were the only guests in the lobby and there were 2 employees behind the desk. We were unaware of the check out time of 11am. Our fault. So we overslept and got a phone call a little after 11am yelling at us to leave the room immediatly. Overall we would stay again. Just be prepared to feel like you are bothering their employees with any questions you may have.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Ramada Long Island City? Share your experiences!