“Good location for the small price” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #20 of 26 Hotels in Long Island City
Toender, Denmark
“Good location for the small price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The hotel is a short walk from the Subway and just a few stops away from Central Park and Times Sq. So not much to complain about there. The staff is helpful and kind. You get what you pay for, and for the price it's a decent hotel. The breakfast is okay, but there is not much space to sit at in the lounge to eat in the mornings. Other than that, we had a pleasant week!

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I stayed the entire week with my colleage. The first two nights were awful. If you notice lots of garbage bags on the street that means Garbage pickup will be around 2-3am the next morning and be prepared to be waken as they are loud! Second night the hotel let some very noisy guests on our floor and they woke us up at 3am, 3:30am, 5am despite calling the office. On the 3rd night I asked for rooms on the top floor or I am leaving. They accommodated and we had better sleep the third night. Our flight left early on Friday so I asked for a wake up call......The said "THAT WILL BE $20" I said "WHAT!!!!" I have been traveling for 20years. NEVER, NEVER, NEVER HAVE I EVER PAID FOR A WAKE UP CALL.....WHAT THE CRAP!!! I asked for a discount since two nights were sleepless. No way, no how they would even consider. I cancelled my next two bookings and will NEVER stay there again. Just so you know!

Room Tip: Choose any hotel but this one.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

This is my the fourth time I've stayed in the Ramada hotel in Long Island City. I love New York but really enjoy staying outside of the busy city and the cheaper accommodation is a big bonus too. I usually find a deal online for around £50-60 per night. On this occasion I stayed 4 nights. It's an easy and relatively short journey from JFK airport. If you have a hire car, you can park on the street nearby or in secure parking for a few bucks a night. The hotel is small and has free wifi, although I've found that some areas of the hotel do not allow for good wifi access. I like a middle floor with city view. This year I got that, and had a great view of New York City, complete with view of the amazing Empire State Building. Breakfast is included and is a buffet - okay, nothing special but worth having. There is just one lift which can mean a bit of a wait. The maids use the lift too with their large trollies and laundry baskets. The hotel is a 10 min walk down a straight road in a safe feeling neighbourhood to the Quuensboro Plaza subway station and just a few stops from Grand Central - very easy and quick to get in and out of NYC. There seems to be a lack of restaurants in the immediate area. I would definitely stay again.

Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I booked my room via Wyndhams site via a company supplied link for a discounted rate.I got to the hotel, and from the outside it looked a bit dated, but ok. The lobby kinda reminds you of one of those TV sitcoms where the hotel is run/owned by family, again dated. We get into the room, and could hear the toilet running once inside. I walked into the bathroom and found that the toilet is leaking. I asked the gentleman who checked us in if someone could take a look at it, and he said sure. I said we are heading out for dinner, would that be an issue? He said, no sir I'll call maintenance. We get back almost two hours later, and as I was walking through I asked the clerk if it was looked at. He looked at me right in the eyes and said "He's in the room right now checking it out." I said ok, and asked if it would be an issue for us to go into the room. He said No problem at all, sir. We get into the room, an announce ourselves as we entered, and nobody had ever been into the room while we were gone. The light in the bathroom was still off, and nothing in the bathroom had been bothered. I asked if we could just have a new room, and was informed that the hotel was booked, and no other room was available. Ok, fine. So we made the best of it. While we were sleep in the very hard bed, and stiff sheets, the noise from the wind howled against an air leak in the room window. It was awful! It sounded like a wolves were howling in the room. Not complaining about the wind blowing, but the fact that the noise was so bad. I've NEVER had such a disturbance in any of my hotels stays anywhere else. But the room was clean, no smells, so it wasn't unbearable. I just don't like being lied to by the staff. Had he said, sir I didn't have anyone to look at it at this time, please forgive us for the issue. I wouldn't have been upset at all about the water leak. Things happen! I would suggest looking elsewhere before considering this place, or perhaps it was just the room I had.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Istanbul, Turkey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Cheap and clean hotel in my opinion. hotel is really close to metro station. You can find small market, steak restaurant and gas station in that area. Also have great view of New York. I advise all of you.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Nice hotel couple of stops from Manhattan, stayed for the second time and were even more satisfied. Clean hotel, decent breakfast, nice rooms and spacious bathroom. Speed of internet is really high. All in all we enjoyed a lot and will come back

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Been to Ramada Long Island City? Share your experiences!