“Excellent budget hotel!” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #20 of 25 Hotels in Long Island City

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Quite possibly the worst hotel stay I have experienced. The employee's were incredibly unprofessional and borderline incompetent. When I entered to room there were stains on the bedding and it was colder than a meat locker. The shower had hair and mold/milder all around. The toilet seat was falling off, and I felt dirtier coming out of the shower than going into it. That evening in the lobby some of the employee's were DRINKING beers behind the front desk. They expected me to wait patiently as as they finished their alcohol before they actually did their job. They had no desire to help you and were more interested with giving you attitude. When my colleague came to check into his room they had no record of his name in their system even though he had printed his reservation. Everything was our fault and not their incompetence as a hotel employee's. It was like working with a 5 year old. The level of professionalism and sanitation was embarrassing. If Ramada pays its employee's to drink on the clock then sign me up. Ramada must offer every bum off the street a job at this hotel.

Room Tip: A good room in this hotel is a oxymoron
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Copenhagen, Denmark
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Visited Ramada, Long island city on a cold day in february 2015.
The very cold wether meant very cold walls. Only towels in the window kept the blowing wind away from the room.
In the breakfast room it was very, very cold, and impossible to sit.
The room and the breakfast was up to lower Ramada standards.
Placed in an older industrial zone.

Stayed February 2015, traveled solo
Baltimore, Maryland, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2015

I checked into this hotel on 1/5/15 at about 3-4 pm, I get into my room and laid down to take a nap, when I woke up I went to take a shower, as I started to look I noticed quite a few things that were wrong with the room, for one there was a black plastic holder attached to the side of the shower that was covered in mildew, then I look down at the drain and notice that the stopper for the tub drain was broken and when I went to look at it I noticed that it was not attached to the tub and when I picked it up it was covered in hair, mold and mildew, I then look at the towels and when I looked at them I noticed there were long black hairs on the towels. I went down to the desk at about 7-8pm to complain and when I went down the gentleman who checked me in told me that my issues were not valid because I checked in 4 hours before that and didn't say anything right away. (I didn't realize that at this hotel the rooms are regularly not cleaned and that they expect you to completely inspect your room as soon as you check in.) I tried to tell him that I didn't go into the bathroom right away but ended up getting an attitude about it. I got upset about this and told them that I would like to be refunded for the night and that I was taking my business elsewhere. Another gentleman then came out and told me that they would comp my room because of the issues and even move me into another room. I asked at the time If I could have a print out stating that I had a zero balance for my room, he informed me to come by the desk in the morning and the gentleman in the morning would get me all squared away. When I came down to the desk in the morning they had charged my credit card $83.10, when I tried to explain what I was told the night before the gentleman at the desk told me "No we don't do things like that here" I asked the gentleman to contact the manager or someone who I had talked to the night before, he said "They wont answer the phone, they are sleeping." (It was 11 o'clock am at this point) I then started to explain the issues I had and even tried to show him the pictures that I had taken and he cut me off and said "People like you only complain to get free stuff" by people like me he was referring to the fact that I am openly gay. I informed him that when he had said to me was illegal and that I would be placing a formal complaint with their corporate offices. I immediately contacted to corporate offices, I was told that someone would contact me within 3 business days. I just contact the offices again and was told that there was nothing that could be done for me at this time. So I am taking to TripAdvisor to expose the things that this hotel does to guest in hopes that no one will ever have to experience what I have experienced because no one should be treated less then because they are gay or black or white or old or young or for any reason. I have also place a complaint with the Better Business Bureau because of horrible this stay was.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with friends
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2015

First and foremost, I wouldn't call this a budget hotel considering the price I paid. But by NYC standards, it undoubtedly is. This is something you should keep in mind. Location wise, it's good but not great. That is the compromise if you don't want to break the bank since hotels in Manhattan are notoriously expensive. Nonetheless, access to the subway which takes you into Manhattan in no time is about a 5-10 minute walk. The rooms are decent and the king bed I had was comfortable enough for a good night's rest. First impressions of the room were good - contemporary furnishings, clean bathroom, flat-screen TV with cable. But later I discovered stains on the carpet & bedsheets, peeling wallpaper and on the last day, a small harmless cockroach. Still, I don't think the room is not inhabitable. At the end of the day, it is what it is - a budget hotel. There is free breakfast, but I really didn't bother because the spread didn't look too appetizing to me. Even so, I'd still recommend this hotel to the traveler on a budget who really is looking for a room that is comfortable enough for the night and wants a reliable complimentary wifi network.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled solo

Been to Ramada Long Island City? Share your experiences!