“ramada lic” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #21 of 25 Hotels in Long Island City

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Baltimore, Maryland, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I checked into this hotel on 1/5/15 at about 3-4 pm, I get into my room and laid down to take a nap, when I woke up I went to take a shower, as I started to look I noticed quite a few things that were wrong with the room, for one there was a black plastic holder attached to the side of the shower that was covered in mildew, then I look down at the drain and notice that the stopper for the tub drain was broken and when I went to look at it I noticed that it was not attached to the tub and when I picked it up it was covered in hair, mold and mildew, I then look at the towels and when I looked at them I noticed there were long black hairs on the towels. I went down to the desk at about 7-8pm to complain and when I went down the gentleman who checked me in told me that my issues were not valid because I checked in 4 hours before that and didn't say anything right away. (I didn't realize that at this hotel the rooms are regularly not cleaned and that they expect you to completely inspect your room as soon as you check in.) I tried to tell him that I didn't go into the bathroom right away but ended up getting an attitude about it. I got upset about this and told them that I would like to be refunded for the night and that I was taking my business elsewhere. Another gentleman then came out and told me that they would comp my room because of the issues and even move me into another room. I asked at the time If I could have a print out stating that I had a zero balance for my room, he informed me to come by the desk in the morning and the gentleman in the morning would get me all squared away. When I came down to the desk in the morning they had charged my credit card $83.10, when I tried to explain what I was told the night before the gentleman at the desk told me "No we don't do things like that here" I asked the gentleman to contact the manager or someone who I had talked to the night before, he said "They wont answer the phone, they are sleeping." (It was 11 o'clock am at this point) I then started to explain the issues I had and even tried to show him the pictures that I had taken and he cut me off and said "People like you only complain to get free stuff" by people like me he was referring to the fact that I am openly gay. I informed him that when he had said to me was illegal and that I would be placing a formal complaint with their corporate offices. I immediately contacted to corporate offices, I was told that someone would contact me within 3 business days. I just contact the offices again and was told that there was nothing that could be done for me at this time. So I am taking to TripAdvisor to expose the things that this hotel does to guest in hopes that no one will ever have to experience what I have experienced because no one should be treated less then because they are gay or black or white or old or young or for any reason. I have also place a complaint with the Better Business Bureau because of horrible this stay was.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with friends
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

First and foremost, I wouldn't call this a budget hotel considering the price I paid. But by NYC standards, it undoubtedly is. This is something you should keep in mind. Location wise, it's good but not great. That is the compromise if you don't want to break the bank since hotels in Manhattan are notoriously expensive. Nonetheless, access to the subway which takes you into Manhattan in no time is about a 5-10 minute walk. The rooms are decent and the king bed I had was comfortable enough for a good night's rest. First impressions of the room were good - contemporary furnishings, clean bathroom, flat-screen TV with cable. But later I discovered stains on the carpet & bedsheets, peeling wallpaper and on the last day, a small harmless cockroach. Still, I don't think the room is not inhabitable. At the end of the day, it is what it is - a budget hotel. There is free breakfast, but I really didn't bother because the spread didn't look too appetizing to me. Even so, I'd still recommend this hotel to the traveler on a budget who really is looking for a room that is comfortable enough for the night and wants a reliable complimentary wifi network.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled solo
New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Do not go to this place!, they double charged my debit card. Either they did it on purpose or the attendant there is incompetent. Since i saw many tourists there I suspect I'm not the only one who has fallen victim to this. Luckily with the help of my bank they deleted the second charge to my card.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Been to Ramada Long Island City? Share your experiences!