“its better than nothing” 2 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #20 of 25 Hotels in Long Island City

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Geneva, Switzerland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

I don't have many words to describe this place beside DIRTY. I checked-in at 10pm and the room they gave me was dirty. The guy at the front desk had to move me to three different rooms, all having dirty sheets (mainly) and batrooms, hoping to find me a better accomodation. At the end I had to make the bed myself with some clean sheets they gave me. Couldn't get any sleep due to the noise people were making and the room full of dust (I had an allergic reaction and had to take some medicines).
I checked-out the next morning.
The only positive aspect was the efforts the person at the front desk made to find me a better room. Unfortunately those in charge of the housekeeping have no idea of what cleaning means, and all his efforts were in vain.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled solo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

The hotel is OK. Reasonably clean. However, the room where breakfast is served is horrible. Everytime someone passes the front door it opens, so everyone sits in the cold - when it is below zero degrees celcius outside. Do something about that.

Stayed December 2014
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We stayed in this hotel over Halloween in NYC because we travelled there for the New York Marathon. The hotel was alright for the price we payed. Its situated about 10 min walk from the subway but it's easily located by walking in a straight line, from there its easy access into Manhatten. The hotel seamt to be entirely run by one man as that's the only guy we ever saw. The room we stayed in was always cleaned for the next day for us n we were happy with that. The breakfast was just a tiny shelf with a few bits on (mainly donuts) but it's good for juice. The front desk guy was a bit clueless however it didn't effect our stay and overall it was an alright place for a budget. Btw it gets loud in the morning with traffic constantly beeping away but you get used to it after a few days in New York!

Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

A best-kept secret. Terrific view of NYC skyline on "City Side" of hotel; reasonable rates. Close to N&Q lines into Manhattan. Subway trip to Central Park is 10 mins. Small, clean rooms, comfy beds, nice bathroom. Nice options for breakfast although eating area gets crowded at times. My only suggestion to improve this property is to add a small vestibule to eliminate the cold blast of air into lobby/eating area. We will go back.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Lake George, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I booked 2 hotel rooms; one for 2 nights for myself & my husband & 1 for one night for my son & his wife. When my son checked out, the deskclerk told him that the room he was in was booked for 2 nights & he told the deskclerk that his parents were booked for 2 nights, not him. Then I received a phone message that they were removing our luggage from our room by 3pm because they needed the room. When we returned to the hotel, all of our luggage had been packed up & removed. We were not happy. Fortunately, they let us move everythihng into the room my son had checked out of! If they had written on the room key which room was booked for 1 night & which room was booked for 2 nights, this would have been averted. Not good Customer Service or Communication. Otherwise, we enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Been to Ramada Long Island City? Share your experiences!