“Miscommunication” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 25 Hotels in Long Island City
Lake George, New York
“Miscommunication”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I booked 2 hotel rooms; one for 2 nights for myself & my husband & 1 for one night for my son & his wife. When my son checked out, the deskclerk told him that the room he was in was booked for 2 nights & he told the deskclerk that his parents were booked for 2 nights, not him. Then I received a phone message that they were removing our luggage from our room by 3pm because they needed the room. When we returned to the hotel, all of our luggage had been packed up & removed. We were not happy. Fortunately, they let us move everythihng into the room my son had checked out of! If they had written on the room key which room was booked for 1 night & which room was booked for 2 nights, this would have been averted. Not good Customer Service or Communication. Otherwise, we enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Polish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I made arrangements for a delegation of seven and four of us stayed here. I had no complaints about the place and neither did my boss and colleagues. It was a short walk away from the train station and in a safe neighborhood. I particularly liked the proximity to eating places. Though far from Wall Street where our meetings were, we managed to attend all our meetings on time and to see the sights on the Big Apple.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

One of my worst hotel experiences ever. Room full of bedbugs and the hotel refused to help. They made me feel as it was my problem that they had bed bugs in their rooms.

General level of cleanliness is low and the breakfast leaves a lot to be desired.

Stay away from this hotel!

• Stayed November 2014
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I woke up at 2:30am with a bed bug bite and subsequently found bedbugs on the mattress and on the wall, one of the bedbugs is the size of pea ! We showed it to the management, they moved us to another room 3 floors above and agreed to deal with it in the morning. When the morning came, they changed shifts, and the manager on duty wouldn't even acknowledge the problem in writing, the only thing he could do is to give us the email address of his boss. And with that he brushed us away!

• Stayed November 2014
Hancock, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I stayed Oct31-Nov4. My room was on the first floor. Hotel is ok, but poorly designed. Walls are thin. Even with the tv on, I could hear chairs scraping against the dining area floor and room doors slamming close. This goes on all night long. You can hear every conversation at the desk.

When I checked out, I asked if there were cabs available (in some cites, hotels have a cab waiting during peak times.) Guy at front desk made a call and said 5 minutes. Driver came in and paid the desk clerk some kind of gratuity. Well, it wasn't a cab but a town car. He offered to take my bag, but I walked away and hailed a taxi as the driver yelled at me. I can forgive the noisy room but not a scam. Sorry Ramada - I won't be back.

Stayed November 2014

Been to Ramada Long Island City? Share your experiences!