“Clean hotel 10 mins from Times Square... but not so wheelchair friendly” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Long Island City

Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 200 Points
Ranked #21 of 26 Hotels in Long Island City
Westmead, New South Wales, Australia
“Clean hotel 10 mins from Times Square... but not so wheelchair friendly”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

My wife and I booked into Ramada Long Island City for a couple nights before our flight back home to Australia. I was mortified to see the size of the room considering it was ADA compliant. I could barely get my wheelchair to the bed, had one near miss and nearly ended up on the floor. Again... another ADA bathroom which had a shower over bath tub.. still don't get that!!! Staff werent so friendly as we would expect. We asked them to book us a wheelchair taxi, they had no idea how to do so.. so we had to transfer me and the wheelchair into one of their contracted private cabs. Next time we are in New York, will spend a little bit more and stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: Don't stay here if you need a wheelchair accessible room.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

I have stayed here on quite a few occasions for business. I would give the place 5 stars except for these few points. The cleaners are loud and if you are trying to sleep in it can be difficult. The staff for the most are helpful and friendly but I had one night booked and my office booked me one more night the next day. Checkout was 11am and I called down before this to inform them I had another night booked. The guy on the phone said no problem come down when I was ready. I had a shower and when I got out I received a knock on the door from some guy downstairs saying I need to go down to reception. I said ok and as I was getting dressed I got a phone call from the front desk asking if I can come down immediately or I will charged. At this point I said to him I already called down to say I had another night booked and he told me to come down when I was ready. He said ok. I went down and asked why I had received such a call. I didn't get much of a response from the guy and found him to be quite rude. Apart from that good hotel, close to subway and laundromat next door.

Room Tip: if you want an amazing view of the city ask for a room facing the city and on one of the top floors.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Oslo, Norway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

We spent 1 week NYC and it was our first time, but we are satisfied with the trip and hotel... It's close to 2-3 subway stations, have a nice view to Manhattan and personell are so service-oriented and nice with you... They help you as much as they can, and if they can't then they will call someone for you (for free)... Fitness-room wasn't the biggest so don't expect much, but really clean... Rooms were clean and good quality, to be so cheap I was expecting worse but was surprised... So generally I would say try it if you are looking for a cheap hotel that can offer you best for your money!! If I knew about the hotel before I went to New York, then I would choose it again...

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

This is a very nice hotel and the staff was very friendly and helpful.I would stay again while in New York and recommend friends and family. I enjoyed the breakfast every morning,the fresh smell of coffee was very inviting.The menu was good but there wasnt much room to sit and eat because of the many guess that was staying there.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family