“Great quality for that price” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #18 of 23 hotels in Long Island City

595 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
  • Polish first
Ottawa, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I don't have much to say about this hotel because we always got back so late and left really early to explore the city. But what i have noticed is the lack of customer service skills some of their employees proudly display. But since i didn't pay a fortune to stay there their attitute didn't affect me. It's clean, can't ask for more.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

I have stayed here on quite a few occasions for business. I would give the place 5 stars except for these few points. The cleaners are loud and if you are trying to sleep in it can be difficult. The staff for the most are helpful and friendly but I had one night booked and my office booked me one more night the next day. Checkout was 11am and I called down before this to inform them I had another night booked. The guy on the phone said no problem come down when I was ready. I had a shower and when I got out I received a knock on the door from some guy downstairs saying I need to go down to reception. I said ok and as I was getting dressed I got a phone call from the front desk asking if I can come down immediately or I will charged. At this point I said to him I already called down to say I had another night booked and he told me to come down when I was ready. He said ok. I went down and asked why I had received such a call. I didn't get much of a response from the guy and found him to be quite rude. Apart from that good hotel, close to subway and laundromat next door.

Room Tip: if you want an amazing view of the city ask for a room facing the city and on one of the top floors.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Oslo, Norway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

We spent 1 week NYC and it was our first time, but we are satisfied with the trip and hotel... It's close to 2-3 subway stations, have a nice view to Manhattan and personell are so service-oriented and nice with you... They help you as much as they can, and if they can't then they will call someone for you (for free)... Fitness-room wasn't the biggest so don't expect much, but really clean... Rooms were clean and good quality, to be so cheap I was expecting worse but was surprised... So generally I would say try it if you are looking for a cheap hotel that can offer you best for your money!! If I knew about the hotel before I went to New York, then I would choose it again...

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

This is a very nice hotel and the staff was very friendly and helpful.I would stay again while in New York and recommend friends and family. I enjoyed the breakfast every morning,the fresh smell of coffee was very inviting.The menu was good but there wasnt much room to sit and eat because of the many guess that was staying there.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Reno, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

We spent 5 nights at Ramada Long Island City from Feb 12 to Feb 17. Overall, we had a good experience staying at this hotel. But of course there is no hotel that will satisfy everybody's needs and expectations. Here are some pros and cons we would like to share about this hotel.

Pros:

1. Great price for a King Bed room with Manhattan city view. The room is small but not a problem for us. What we cared more about is having a quiet room to rest and a clean bathroom. The shower in our room was hot and nice. (The bathroom has a nice warm lamp too.) We are also happy that our room has a fridge. (If you stay at a hotel in Manhattan, you probably need to pay for having a fridge.) Free WI-FI Internet definitely made this hotel worth staying (When we checked hotels in Manhattan, most of them charge additional fees for internet.) We are AAA members, so we got another 10% off, which made our room rate only $71/night.

2. The neighborhood where this hotel is located might look shabby but it's basically a quiet neighborhood with some interesting local deli shops around. Also, Walkable distance to two subway stations (F and Q/R lines) that will take you to the heart of Manhattan in 15 minutes!

3. Good complimentary hot breakfast. What else can beat that? The breakfast has eggs (on Sundays it has sausages), bananas, milk, juice, cereal, toasts, bagels, donuts, cream cheese and jams, and coffee.

Cons:

1. The hotel doesn't have water fountain. We had to buy bottled water from grocery stores nearby or at the vending machine at the lobby of the hotel. It'd be nice if they have complimentary drinking water.

2. It is really nice that a budge hotel like this has a fitness room, but don't expect too much about what their fitness room provides. Their fitness room only has a treadmill, a biking machine, and a weight training unit with a "broken" bench. The treadmill and biking machine worked fine, but did the hotel staff notice that the bench of the weight training unit was broken?? (Looks like that they haven't paid much attention to that fitness room.....) I used the fitness room three times during my stay. What bothered me the most is that the room was sort of cold. We reported the cold temperature of the fitness room to the front desk. The man at the front desk said they will sent people to check the room, but nobody showed up. So every time I used the fitness room, it was just cold. I guess it didn't really matter once my body warmed up after exercise. But it'd be nice if they can make their fitness room more friendly to use.

Overall, we still recommend this hotel for the great price and location if you don't want to spend a fortune staying at a hotel in Manhattan.

Room Tip: Get a room with Manhattan's City View.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Ramada Long Island City? Share your experiences!