We spent 5 nights at Ramada Long Island City from Feb 12 to Feb 17. Overall, we had a good experience staying at this hotel. But of course there is no hotel that will satisfy everybody's needs and expectations. Here are some pros and cons we would like to share about this hotel.
1. Great price for a King Bed room with Manhattan city view. The room is small but not a problem for us. What we cared more about is having a quiet room to rest and a clean bathroom. The shower in our room was hot and nice. (The bathroom has a nice warm lamp too.) We are also happy that our room has a fridge. (If you stay at a hotel in Manhattan, you probably need to pay for having a fridge.) Free WI-FI Internet definitely made this hotel worth staying (When we checked hotels in Manhattan, most of them charge additional fees for internet.) We are AAA members, so we got another 10% off, which made our room rate only $71/night.
2. The neighborhood where this hotel is located might look shabby but it's basically a quiet neighborhood with some interesting local deli shops around. Also, Walkable distance to two subway stations (F and Q/R lines) that will take you to the heart of Manhattan in 15 minutes!
3. Good complimentary hot breakfast. What else can beat that? The breakfast has eggs (on Sundays it has sausages), bananas, milk, juice, cereal, toasts, bagels, donuts, cream cheese and jams, and coffee.
1. The hotel doesn't have water fountain. We had to buy bottled water from grocery stores nearby or at the vending machine at the lobby of the hotel. It'd be nice if they have complimentary drinking water.
2. It is really nice that a budge hotel like this has a fitness room, but don't expect too much about what their fitness room provides. Their fitness room only has a treadmill, a biking machine, and a weight training unit with a "broken" bench. The treadmill and biking machine worked fine, but did the hotel staff notice that the bench of the weight training unit was broken?? (Looks like that they haven't paid much attention to that fitness room.....) I used the fitness room three times during my stay. What bothered me the most is that the room was sort of cold. We reported the cold temperature of the fitness room to the front desk. The man at the front desk said they will sent people to check the room, but nobody showed up. So every time I used the fitness room, it was just cold. I guess it didn't really matter once my body warmed up after exercise. But it'd be nice if they can make their fitness room more friendly to use.
Overall, we still recommend this hotel for the great price and location if you don't want to spend a fortune staying at a hotel in Manhattan.
Get a room with Manhattan's City View.
See more room tips
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.