“excellent” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 25 Hotels in Long Island City
limerick
“excellent”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

stayed in this hotel for four nights in July. have absolutely nothing bad to say about this hotel. very friendly and helpful staff. had a fantastic view of the city..make sure you ask for the tenth floor.perfect location for visitors to the city..only a short walk to the subway. at first you may think the area is dodgy at first but i felt safe everytime i walked back and forth, also excellent value for money. would have no problem staying here again

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

I am so " lucky" encountering his attitude of this front-desk guy too , A VERY VERY rude, uncivilized person at a hotel I have ever seen in whole my life. I travel all over the world .

If you dont want to spoil your New York trip ,AVOID it
similar location and price hotel everywhere around this area

I'd never come here again, and high NOT recommend it

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
St. George, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

I got a great price for a room at this hotel. My wife and I visited NYC and were very happy that we found this place. It is a short walk to the subway station and I felt safe everytime we walked back and forth. The room was small, but it was comfortable. They have a breakfast every morning. It isn't fantastic, but it has more than just donuts and bagels that most other hotels have. They had eggs, sausage and waffles. Not the best, but, hey, it's free. I would definately stay here again on our next trip to NYC.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Boston, MA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

We were at this hotel the past weekend. Due to family situations, we have been coming to this part of Queens frequently since last September. My wife is originally from the area, and we needed a place to stay while visiting her family. We're from Boston. We had been staying around the corner from this property, at the Sheraton Four Points (see my review elsewhere), but that hotel has gotten pricey and inflexible with frequent guests, so I decided to try something else. We read the the reviews that pointed out the problems with the front desk personnel, and while I found one woman to be a little formal and brusk, the staff we met were completely professional and efficient. One of them even smiled at us.

The room was OK, although the carpet seemed a little dingy--not really dirty, but it looked like it could use a good shampooing. The bathroom was clean and had more than the typical sully of towels. That was a nice touch.

This hotel is completely smoke-free, and we had no trouble with that element. At our last stay at the Sheraton, someone had thought it was OK to smoke in the hallways, but not in their room. There are too many clueless people out there!

Room Tip: We had a room facing Manhattan. When you overlook the electrical transformer farm and the Ravenswoo...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
johannesburg
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

Lovely modern bedroom with huge bed & 5 decent big pillows - room has all the amenties you may need except a room safe (you can lock valueables at reception but safe space is limited). Bathroom is basic, no frills at all. The hotel is fairly popular and booked therefore don't expect an early check-in - you can leave bags in reception if necessary and it seemed quite safe.
Breakfast items include toast, some pastry items, cereal, fruit, juice - nothing substantial but then it is included in the room rate which is a plus!! Reception staff speak basic English only; they tried to be helpful but most of it was lost in translation.
The area can seem a bit dodgy but we walked from several of the nearby stations late at night and it was perfectly safe. Best station for train to Manhattan is 39th (about 4blocks) - also the better route for late at night. If you want take-outs you can phone in (there are contact options in the room) or take a stroll down Crescent towards Queens Plaza where you'll find pizza, burgers, chinese, subs etc. And the free wi-fi is another plus! If you're on a budget you can't go wrong.

Room Tip: City-facing floor 8 and up recommended but its not guaranteed that they'll allocate it.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
New York, New York, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

I booked a room in this hotel for 15 nights but I am packing my bags in 3 nights. I had a horrible experience with the front-desk person named Sam Patel. A very rude, uncivilized person at a hotel reception I have ever seen in my life.

One of the many bad experiences in the last three days: I called the reception to get my iron board changed. The guy ended up arguing with me instead of helping me and became abusive at the end. When I said I'd like to leave he said he didn't care. When I said I will report him to the Ramada management; same response.

The Ramada customer care was very helpful. They booked me in another hotel closely and have assured me that action will be taken. There was a disclaimer though: these guys are part of the franchisee chain and is not directly run by the Ramada/Wydham Group.

I'd never come here again, not even in my dreams! BIG THUMBS DOWN!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

This hotel is ideally suited for travellers who wish to see manhattan, the views from the city view rooms of manhattan are good, rooms are clean and have everything, bring down the tray from your coffee maker to bring breakfast back to the room. Queensboro subway has you in manhattan in 15 minutes, purchase a pay as you go metro card not an unlimited as it is better value. There is nowhere to park outside if you have a car and want to colllect your bags. There is a car park 2 or 3 blocks down that is open during the day, where you will have to drag all your bags down to? I had rented a car and just needed to collect my bags and family but had to go down to this lot and walk back to pick them up. If you have no car then it is a fine place to stay.

Room Tip: city view rooms have an amazing view of manhattan, and a power station.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to Ramada Long Island City? Share your experiences!