I have to start by stating the obvious that some other travellers seem to have missed - This is a budget hotel. A budget hotel with probably the easiest links into Manhattan - New York City. It is a lot cheaper than staying in the city itself and does exactly what it says on the tin.
It is not a high class hotel, it is a cheaper alternative. However, my experience was as follows.
Hotel Reception Staff were very helpful and polite and got us checked straight into our rooms even though we arrived at 12pm noon.
Room was on the smaller side but clean and fairly modern. Bathroom was very spacious and maybe a bit bigger than it needed to be!
Like other reviewees, we also had problems with the heating, it seems the thermostat didn't work so you either had the heating on or off! It has to be said though, even with the heating off the room held temperatures of 70-72 which I think is perfect so it wasn't a problem for us.
Subway is just down the street, a two minute walk. Not much around the hotel though as it is in the middle of a residential area. There is however a Deli and a grocery store within walking distance from the hotel.
We ate in the hotel on the first night and was very impressed with the price, service and quality of food, actually alot better than we though it would be!
Check out is 12pm instead of 11am which gives you that little bit extra time on your final morning.
All in all, for the money it is very good. If you want the Ritz, then stay in Manhattan and pay 50% more, if you want value for money with easy travel to Manhattan, you can't go far wrong with this hotel.
And by the way, if you have never been to New York, you will absolutely LOVE IT!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn Manhattan View sets the bar high for Manhattan area hotels. With views of the unmistakable New York City skyline, our NYC hotel provides an exceptional backdrop for both business and pleasure. At our affordable Queens hotel, just minutes from Manhattan, New York City's legendary landmarks have never seemed so accessible! Explore the Empire State Building, Central Park, the Metropolitan Museum of Modern Art, the Metropolitan Opera House at Lincoln Center, the Museum of the Moving Image, and the Statue of Liberty. Of course no visit would be complete without visiting other nearby sights including Times Square, Bryant Park, Grand Central Station, Broadway, and Madison Square Garden. Among Long Island City hotels, Holiday Inn Manhattan View is a nearby neighbor to many Fortune 500 companies, offering easy access to Citibank, MetLife, the United Nations, JetBlue, Delta, and Mount Sinai Medical Center. Our hotel is conveniently located within a short drive of all the major New York airports: LaGuardia, JFK and Newark. This Queens hotel offers guests free high-speed Internet access and a perfect location just minutes from Manhattan. Ideal for international travelers and vacationers, this Astoria, Queens hotel is located just one block from the N and Q subway lines and just a few blocks from the E and R subway lines. For an unforgettable New York City experience close to celebrated NYC attractions, look no further than the Holiday Inn Manhattan View. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Hotels.com, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Agoda, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn l.i. City - Manhattan View Hotel Long Island City
- Holiday Inn Long Island City
- Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View Long Island City, New York