“Elizabeth at the front desk is the best....” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 10-30% this Summer!
Ranked #4 of 26 Hotels in Long Island City
New York City, New York
“Elizabeth at the front desk is the best....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW via mobile

Hello,
My stay at the Holiday Inn was amazing. Everyone there especially Elizabeth at the front desk was so nice and accommodating. I asked for a shower cap and it was there practically before I hung up the phone. Elizabeth was so knowledgeable about what the hotel had to offer. Enjoy your stay.

Stayed June 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
  • Polish first
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

I had a short stay and the hotel was very nice. Very nice location, nice room with a view. Nothing stood out time except the amazing customer service I was given upon check in. Kudos to John. I got lucky to have him check me in! He was smiling and accommodating all the way through!! Thanks to you I will most definitely return and recommend this hotel to everyone! Also Happy Birthday John! Hoped you enjoyed it! Also special shout out to Luis who was also present during my check in. It really makes a difference when an agent is caring. Thank you very much!!!!

Stayed June 2015, traveled with friends
Kissimmee, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We did not want to pay the Manhattan prices. This was a better deal. The subway was a bit of a walk (sister in law has bum hip). As with big city hotels, no free breakfast, so you need to pay for a coffee somewhere. The room was nice enough, nice shower. There was this extra air conditioner thing, I suspect because of the south side of the building the building AC couldn't keep up???? With that, my husband, who likes it cool was happy. There was a very small refrigerator available and a little Keurig. The wifi was adequate for my husband and our teens devices.

Stayed June 2015, traveled with family
DEER PARK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The biggest problem with New York has always been the astronomical hotel prices. On many occasions we have chose other places to visit due to this fact. If we wanted to do new York we needed to think smarter.

This hotel in long island city did this job perfectly. The N line or a short walk to the 7 line could both get us into the centre of Manhattan in roughly 25 minutes. As the hotel was nearly half the price of some others in Manhattan, the trade off is easily worth it. The 39th avenue station is under 100m from the hotel.

We had the added bonus of some great views of Manhattan and north out to LaGuardia airport from our balcony.

The room was a good size, clean and had everything you would expect from a hotel of this standard. Our only criticism is that the rooms lack an in room safe. The hotel staff were always helpful and sorted any requests quickly.

We would highly recommend this hotel and would stay there again when next in New York.

Room Tip: we had a room on the 16th floor...very quiet - great views
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Cathy P, General Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear ScorpioEsq,

Thank you for the great review on Trip Advisor.

We appreciate your feedback and thank you for taking the time to write your review.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. You mentioned that the rooms do not have in-room safes, and that is true. We are considering adding in-room safes, hopefully by the end of this year.

It sounds like you had a nice view from your balcony, with a view of Upper Manhattan and Queens.

We hope you will return to stay with us again in the near future If there is anything I can assist you with, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Hughesville, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Nice place to stay in NYC! Good for the price, nice clean and big rooms. Bathrooms are nicely appointed and the staff was very friendly and helpful! I would stay here again. Close to some nice places to eat within walking distance

Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
Cathy P, General Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Dear miljl37,

Thank you for the excellent review on Trip Advisor.

It sounds like you really enjoyed your stay with us. It also sounds like you were able to check out some restaurants in the immediate area.

We are delighted that you felt you got a good value and especially that the staff was friendly and helpful.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Holiday Inn Manhattan View Hotel in Long Island City.

Corrales, NM
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Near LGA with cheaper rates than airport hotels. Room was small, but clean with all the needed amenities. The staff was pleasant & attentive. The surprise was the Brazilian Steakhouse in the basement. It was very unassuming in it's decor, but the food was excellent & a good value.

Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Dear TildenLD,

Thank you for your excellent review of the Holiday Inn Manhattan View Hotel in Long Island City, NY.

It sounds like the real find for you was Rio Grande, our Brazilian Churascarria in the lower level of the hotel. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and your meal at Rio Grande.

I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

The only reason I don't give this a 5/5 was because Expedia misled me to believe I was booking their deluxe room with floor to ceiling windows and views of Manhattan but when I arrived, the room was their smallest size (which was still a good size for NYC) I just wasn't at all what the website had led me to believe. Slightly mad at Expedia not the holiday inn

Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
Dear Justified2003,

Thank you for your 4 star review. I am really sorry about the confusion with the photos on Expedia's website. I have tried to address this many times but without success, and I apologize that you were misled.

I hope you enjoyed your stay with us. If there is anything I can do for you on a future visit, please email me directly at info@himanview.com.

Cathy Pascale

Been to Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View? Share your experiences!