“Holiday Inn” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 26 Hotels in Long Island City
Hughesville, PA
“Holiday Inn”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW via mobile

Nice place to stay in NYC! Good for the price, nice clean and big rooms. Bathrooms are nicely appointed and the staff was very friendly and helpful! I would stay here again. Close to some nice places to eat within walking distance

Stayed May 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
  • Polish first
Corrales, NM
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Near LGA with cheaper rates than airport hotels. Room was small, but clean with all the needed amenities. The staff was pleasant & attentive. The surprise was the Brazilian Steakhouse in the basement. It was very unassuming in it's decor, but the food was excellent & a good value.

Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW via mobile

The only reason I don't give this a 5/5 was because Expedia misled me to believe I was booking their deluxe room with floor to ceiling windows and views of Manhattan but when I arrived, the room was their smallest size (which was still a good size for NYC) I just wasn't at all what the website had led me to believe. Slightly mad at Expedia not the holiday inn

Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW via mobile

We needed a hotel at the last minute and they were able to accommodate us on a Friday and Saturday night. We got a free upgrade to a room with a beautiful view of the city and a balcony. The room was clean and comfortable. The staff was curteous and helpful in finding is a place that delivered food after midnight.

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

We ended up here after plans to stay at a friends fell through. We checked in around 10PM and they gave us their last room on Memorial Day Weekend. The staff was incredibly nice and accommodating. The room was immaculate and the balcony had an awesome view of the skyline. We loved the walk in shower that could easily fit two people. We were too late for room service, but the restaurant across the street was still open and the food did not disappoint. We ordered breakfast in the morning and it was probably the best hotel breakfast I have ever had. The portions were huge and pretty reasonable priced. We would have never guessed that we could find a hotel of this quality for the price and were pleasantly surprised. We would definitely stay here when in NYC again.

Room Tip: Try the 16th floor.
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Medellin, Colombia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

It is not in Manhattan, but I was lucky to book a room on the top floors so I had an amazing view of all Manhattan.
They also have a bar and a Brazilian restaurant on the building so if you go to New York for business it is very convenient and also inexpensive!

Stayed May 2015
Cathy P, General Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Catalina,

We were happy to see your review of the Holiday Inn Manhattan View on Trip Advisor, but we were also somewhat surprised.

We were surprised that based on your review, you had only given us three stars. Was there something that we could have done better to improve your stay?

I was delighted to see that you had a high floor with a great view. Our restaurant, Rio Grande, is very convenient after a long day of sightseeing and shopping in Manhattan.

Please let me know if there is anything more that we could have done to make your visit a five-star experience. Please feel free to contact me directly at cpascale@himanview.com.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back sometime in the near future.

Warm regards,
Cathy Pascale
Warsaw, Poland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This hotel is located just 15 minutes by the subway to Times Sq./42nd Street (N & Q lines) and it is cheaper from Manhattan-based Holiday Inns up to $100 per night. It is also conveniently connected with JFK airport (1 hour by E line & AirTrain). All this makes it a pretty reasonable alternative to over-priced hotels in Manhattan for business & tourist travellers.
The place is clean and well maintained. My 15th floor executive room offered a picturesque view on Manhattan through floor-to-ceiling windows, a fast wi-fi, a flat-screen TV, a coffee maker, a rain shower.
There's a decent Brazilian restaurant in the basement and a sports bar on the ground floor serving $10 breakfasts and all-you-can-eat buffets for $20. If you get bored with meat here, there's another restaurant / pub across the corner and a grocery shop serving freshly made sandwiches, hot dishes across the street.
The area around the hotel is a silent combination of residential homes, parking lots and some old factories. At night it looked a bit abandoned but the way from the subway was lit enough and during a week-long stay I did not face any safety issues.

Room Tip: Best views from rooms on top floors facing Manhattan.
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View? Share your experiences!