“Not bad for the price! ” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #5 of 26 Hotels in Long Island City
Medellin, Colombia
“Not bad for the price! ”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

It is not in Manhattan, but I was lucky to book a room on the top floors so I had an amazing view of all Manhattan.
They also have a bar and a Brazilian restaurant on the building so if you go to New York for business it is very convenient and also inexpensive!

Stayed May 2015
Cathy P, General Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Dear Catalina,

We were happy to see your review of the Holiday Inn Manhattan View on Trip Advisor, but we were also somewhat surprised.

We were surprised that based on your review, you had only given us three stars. Was there something that we could have done better to improve your stay?

I was delighted to see that you had a high floor with a great view. Our restaurant, Rio Grande, is very convenient after a long day of sightseeing and shopping in Manhattan.

Please let me know if there is anything more that we could have done to make your visit a five-star experience. Please feel free to contact me directly at cpascale@himanview.com.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back sometime in the near future.

Cathy Pascale

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
  • Polish first
Warsaw, Poland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

This hotel is located just 15 minutes by the subway to Times Sq./42nd Street (N & Q lines) and it is cheaper from Manhattan-based Holiday Inns up to $100 per night. It is also conveniently connected with JFK airport (1 hour by E line & AirTrain). All this makes it a pretty reasonable alternative to over-priced hotels in Manhattan for business & tourist travellers.
The place is clean and well maintained. My 15th floor executive room offered a picturesque view on Manhattan through floor-to-ceiling windows, a fast wi-fi, a flat-screen TV, a coffee maker, a rain shower.
There's a decent Brazilian restaurant in the basement and a sports bar on the ground floor serving $10 breakfasts and all-you-can-eat buffets for $20. If you get bored with meat here, there's another restaurant / pub across the corner and a grocery shop serving freshly made sandwiches, hot dishes across the street.
The area around the hotel is a silent combination of residential homes, parking lots and some old factories. At night it looked a bit abandoned but the way from the subway was lit enough and during a week-long stay I did not face any safety issues.

Room Tip: Best views from rooms on top floors facing Manhattan.
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This place was ideal for what we needed. ( Our room was a bit small, but we weren't there to stay in our room! ) They have a small amount of parking that is one thing that's hard to find in NY. Our room was comfortable and clean. The lounge was a great place for us to meet at night. I would recommend staying here!

Room Tip: If possible ask for a room on the 16 th floor Great view!!!!
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Friendly and helpful staff, plain but clean rooms with recent updates. AC didn't work when I arrived and took two visits from engineering to correct but person who visited my room was very responsive and got things working quickly.

Easy walk to metro through a somewhat run down but quiet neighborhood.

Parking extremely limited -sign on door each night I stayed said they had no available spots.

Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Cathy P, General Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Granited,

Thank you for your great review of our hotel on Trip Advisor. We appreciate the feedback.

Thank you for your kind words about our staff, especially engineering, who got your air conditioning working.

I do apologize about the parking situation. As you can imagine, parking is very limited in any urban city. We have a limited amount of spaces, and they are on a first-come basis. However, if you will be coming back, I would be happy to insure that you have a parking space next time. All I would need is 24 hours notice.

We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Holiday Inn Manhattan View in the near future.

Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I was at this hotel for a vacation weekend. The location is close to LaGuardia. I was greeted upon check-in and the check-in process was smooth. When I got to the room, I wanted to freshen up. When I went to take a shower, I noticed the drain was draining extremely slowly. Water was collecting in the shower. I notified the front desk on Friday, but this was not addressed until Saturday. I went out on Saturday and returned to an extremely hot room. The air conditioner had stopped working on an 80 degree day. I called the front desk and they sent a maintenance technician up to look at it. He said he fixed it and within the hour, the room started to cool down. I went out to dinner on Saturday night and returned back to the room at approximately 2am. The air was out again and the room was sweltering. Of course, no one was available to look at it, so my last night there was extremely uncomfortable. The wifi is extremely slow. There is one desktop computer downstairs that you can use, but I was wanting to use the wifi service so I would not have to leave the room. While they do boast great views, I didn't get one, which was also a very big disappointment, considering I asked for a room with a view of the skyline. I have written in to the corporate office to make them aware of the lack of maintenance also. I would not stay at the is hotel again and would not recommend it.

Room Tip: Rooms on the higher floors have better views.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear JELLYBELLY02,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment regarding the front desk service and your check in experience.

However, we’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding the shower drain, air conditioning and the internet service which was unacceptable. We will address these concerns. I assure you that the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2015

So this was my first stay at a holiday inn period I booked a suite for the weekend because my cousin was getting married in the area and it was pretty convient to go back and forth to the venue and the pictures I had seen from other guess post would serve for a great backdrop for her wedding photos. Now we were put up in the Bronx Suite the view of the NYC skyline was spectacular. But as the weekend wore on it was spoilt by the subpar front desk staff. I was under the impression that any changes to hotel policy would have been emailed to guess prior to arrival, nope not for this guest. I had been in touch with the staff since early February as I really wanted to help make the brides day extra special. Nothing was mentioned to me about a policy change which went into effect after my reservations were made requiring a $1000 dollar deposit for incidentals, I understand it was a suite the hotel wants some type of security for their property but shouldn't I have been told about this while I was booking, or maybe even when I called 2 days prior to work out the logistics and place any other special request for the weekend? Instead when I was told there was only $50 per night incidental hold for my room. The staff did waive it because of the 'technicality' however i could have lived without the sarcasm provided by both the agent and the manager. I was also peeved that they threw other policy changes at me which again I never received a memo about requiring the room to be reserved by someone 35 yrs or older but again they were going to over look it because of the 'technicality'. Okay so if that weren't enough i specifically asked that we have more chairs to be brought to our suite so that the multiple makeup artists be able to set up stations. Never happened we weren't even told that they wouldn't accommodate that request just that they were looking into it, we had to call down about an hr later only to find out no one even got our request and they didn't know if they would be able to do it because they had a meeting. Mind you I did call 2 days prior to work out the logistics and make any last minute request. Once our bridal party was done late but done, while we waited in the lobby the agent didn't even greet us just went along her business (sorry I've been spoiled by common courtesy and the welcoming atmosphere most other hotels provide their guest) we weren't acknowledged anytime we entered the lobby by any agent at any point of our stay. Needless to say this was my first and very last trip to Holiday Inn hotel, I think I'll spend a few dollars and stay across the bridge.

Stayed April 2015
Dear Gemessa R,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. We are pleased to note that you have chosen our hotel as your accommodation preference. We are hospitality professionals who pride ourselves on delivering world class customer service. It is our regret that we failed to deliver an exemplary performance in this context. It seems like we failed to provide an excellent stay due to lack of information regarding security deposit policy and failure to follow up on your request. Kindly accept our sincere apologies for any shortcomings you may have experienced. We hope this incident will not deter from giving us another opportunity to serve you in the future. Your comments have been forwarded to the hotel management and we are confident they will take necessary actions to rectify this unsatisfactory stay.

Lera P
Case Manager
IHGCare
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2015

The staff were fantastic, helpful, and a delight to talk to, no matter what time of day or night. I got a response to every e-mail I had sent as well. Location is fantastic, just one block from a subway and 5mins from manhattan. The area is perfectly safe, never had a single issue, and we were catching the subway at 11pm, 12am. I cannot recommend this hotel enough. Oh and the rooms are a great size - we had a spacious corner queen room on the 11th floor which gave us a good view of manhattan and had a balcony. We were bumped up as it was our honeymoon. The beds and pillows are very comfortable too, so much so I have enquired as to where they purchased their pillows! Room service came every day and no complaints at all. It is a lovely hotel. There is a great coffee shop 5 mins walk away (Our Coffee Shop) should you want breakfast there and a grocery shop across the road. Other good points; free wifi everywhere, decent size shower room, quiet hotel - one thing, book your airport transfer via the hotel, they are cheaper than taxis.

I'd 100% stay here again. It was perfect for us.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Dear Zeshaan,,

Thank you so much for your fabulous review of the Holiday Inn Manhattan View. We really appreciate all your kind words about our staff.

You touched on a lot of things in your review, all excellent, again thank you! I hope you will let us know when you plan to be in the NYC area so we can have the pleasure of accommodating you again.

All the best!

Cathy Pascale

Been to Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View? Share your experiences!