“Feels kind of like a secret...” 4 of 5 stars

Save 20%
Ranked #4 of 26 Hotels in Long Island City
Certificate of Excellence 2014
San Francisco, California
“Feels kind of like a secret...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

We stayed as a couple and booked a double room online requesting a room with a view of Manhattan.

On arrival in the morning our bags were kept until the 4pm check-in. Once again we requested a room with a view.

Come check-in time, we got a room on the 11th floor, right opposite the elevator with amazing views of Manhattan. No extra cost. Some people will complain about the elevator traffic noise but we had no problem. The cost and the views more than made up for that.

Add to this the 2 min walk to the station (39th ave) with easy, 10 min access to Manhattan Island, I will jump at a chance to stay here again.

Staff are all friendly and relaxed. A cleaning lady even returned in the late afternoon to bring an extra towel that she forgot in the morning.

Thank you Holiday Inn L.I City. I broke up with my boyfriend during this trip, but in coming years the only memory will be the lovely stay at your hotel!

Room Tip: If you want a good view, be prepared to put up with (minimal) elevator traffic noise.
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
  • Polish first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW via mobile

We enjoyed our stay at this hotel. Pleasant service, comfortable room, and most importantly, a nice clean bathroom. Only a few minutes walk to the nearest train station. There was even a Keurig brewing machine in our room and complimentary coffee and tea! The one thing that was missing was something to stir my coffee with.

Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
Greater Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I stayed at this hotel 03/03/15-03/07/15. Have stayed in and around NYC plenty of times over the years and this hotel is up there with the best of them.
I arrived after 2300hrs and the front desk staff couldn't do enough for me. Everything was explained throughly to me and was given information regarding travel into the city and local info.
The train stop is one block away and takes under 10 mins to get to 42nd Street. If you travel the other way on the train you can get to Flushing via the 7 train at Queensborough Plaza.
There is a deli facing the hotel which serves groceries and hot meals at a great price,if you carry on up to the next block there is a Chinese takeaway that does a 3course meal for under $9, where else can you get a deal like that?? If you walk further down to 36th street or get the Q/N train one stop there are supermarkets and fast food outlets plus local shops.
The area might not seem much but is tons cheaper than city prices.
Back to the hotel, I was lucky enough to be given a 10th floor corner room with views of NYC and Long Island. The room was a good size and had a closet and modern bathroom.
I cannot praise the staff at this hotel for all their efforts to assist me. Everyone from the front desk,bar staff and the cleaners were polite, courteous and would go out of their way to help you.
I wish I had taken the lady on receptions name when I arrived as she gave me one of the friendliest welcomes ever, and the young Asian receptionist was equally friendly. They go the extra mile to make sure you enjoy your stay.
On my departure I wasn't flying till 2200hrs and they allowed me to stay an extra 4 hours in the hotel with a late check out and didn't charge me a penny extra.
If you dare venture out of the madness of New York and chose to stay elsewhere then this is a third of the price of city centre hotels and one of the best staff teams I have had the pleasure of meeting.
I cannot recommend this place higher.

Stayed March 2015, traveled solo
Elmhurst, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We stayed at the Holiday Inn because of weather that had moved into LGA and flights were canceling. We arrived at the hotel around 9 pm and the restaurant and bar were still open which was great for a quick bite and drink. The room was on the smaller side but clean and neat, with crisp sheets on the bed. We were right off of the elevator doors so I would recommend being away from them, the dinging was annoying. Overall a quick stay and close to the airport about 2 miles away was a good thing for us. Staff was very friendly and they ordered a cab for our early departure out of LGA.

Room Tip: Stay away from the elevator doors
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled with friends
usa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We stayed there on a family trip. Our room not only had a great view of the city but was comfortable for three of us.
Parking at the hotel is limited and having options outside the hotel, the fee is a bit on the expensive side.
There is a cafeteria two blocks from the hotel, towards the train (right at the corner to the stairs the take you to the tracks) , that is a good option if you want to avoid breakfasta at the hotel.
Generally speaking, it wasn't a tiresome experiencia visiting the city and having to come back to the hotel at night. It was actually an enjoyable ride.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Hartford, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I had to stay in the neighborhood to be closer to business I was taking care of. Very convenient to trains and everything else. The room was more on small side i been to other holiday inn but this one had a small. The hotel staff was really nice and very helpful.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Cathy P, General Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear Musicny91,

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor. We appreciate that you took the time to write a review about the Holiday Inn Manhattan View in Long Island City.

Thank you for your kind words about the staff. We are proud of our staff members and their commitment to taking care of our guests and our hotel. I will share your comments with the team so that they know you appreciated their efforts.

Regarding the size of the room, New York City hotels are extremely costly to build, own and operate. Our room sizes reflect our commitment to keep our rates as low as possible. Instead of extra space, we strive to deliver superior customer service, comfortable beds with abundant pillows, stylish room furnishings and complimentary amenities, such as the fitness center, business center, free local phone calls, IHG Reward Club points, and Keurig coffee makers in every room.

Thank you once again for your feedback. We hope to have the opportunity to accommodate you at the Holiday Inn Manhattan View abgain in the near future.

Warm Regards,
Cathy Pascale
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2015 via mobile

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at your hotel in 2012 you were quite new then and maybe that's why now your prices are twice or more what they were then. I go to new York every year and I just knew I had found the perfect spot so close to the train and even though the surrounding area looks sketchy it's really safe walked from the train 2-3 am several times and the streets were empty... I wish I could come back but I've had to go elsewhere the past few years and this year will probably be the same.. Rambo is awesome though ...

• Stayed September 2014
Cathy P, General Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Dear Sprinkles,

Thank you for your feedback on your Trip Advisor review regarding the Holiday Inn Manhattan View hotel in Long Island City.

I am delighted to hear that you felt September 2012 was your best stay ever, but saddened to hear that you felt our prices are more than two years ago.

I would love the opportunity to discuss the situation with you and we would love to have you back here with us. For your next visit, please do not hesitate to contact me directly so I can give you special consideration. I look forward to hearing from you.

Warm regards,
Cathy Pascale

Been to Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View? Share your experiences!