“Very impressed with this hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 20%
Ranked #3 of 25 Hotels in Long Island City
New York City, New York
“Very impressed with this hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed here for one week...this hotel was perfect for our needs. We booked a standard room.

Key points:
1. Very clean rooms including the bathrooms. Seems like the rooms were recently renovated.
2. Decent size rooms...not too small and cramped.
3. One block away from the subway station.
4. 10 mins on the train and you are in midtown.
5. On-site parking available for a fee ($20).
6. Grocery store across the street in case you need anything.
7 . We didn't try any of the restaurants but I did see quite a few close by.
8. Free wifi
9. Don't expect much service from the staff. They remain invisible unless you ask them for help.

Overall it was a great room at a great price conveniently located to ravel to manhattan, queens, Long island, westchester or even New Jersey.

I would stay in this hotel again next time I'm in town. Good for families as well as business travelers.

Room Tip: A standard room is decent enough unless you want a manhattan skyline view.
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
  • Polish first
Harbour Grace, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I stayed here 5 nights in December, and it's a good deal for being so close to Manhattan, via the subway. It takes only 2 minutes to walk to the 39 Ave. N/Q station, then stay on for 10 minutes to get to 5th Ave/59th St. station (Central Park). The area is dark and desolate; keep your eyes open.
This hotel is touted for the view, but I can't vouch for that, since they wouldn't give me a room above the 5th floor. I asked for a higher floor room twice in advance (website & fb msg) and also when I arrived, but they didn't give me one. Not impressed! However, it's a fairly new hotel, and the corner room they gave me was very clean and spacious. No bath tubs here, just showers.
The in-house restaurant was a Brazilian meat buffet - tasty, but ended up costing significantly more than the sign outside advertised. (hidden taxes) If you want some pizza late at night, there's a little take-out place below the hotel on 30th St. that is friendly & cheap.
Warning: your fridge may not be plugged in! Mine wasn't, and my quart of milk went sour.
Bigger warning: your balcony door has NO lock! It slides open easily, but I doubt anyone can crawl up the side of the hotel to sneak in. Still...

Room Tip: Corner rooms are more spacious / accessible.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
Cathy P, General Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Hi Paularey,

Thank you for your review of the hotel based on your recent stay.

The location is outstanding as you have so aptly described, with the subway so close that you can be in Manhattan in 12 minutes.

I am sorry that we were unable to give you a higher floor, however, your room directly faced Manhattan. We will research your comment about the balcony doors. Thank you for all your feedback regarding the rooms and the restuarant, we greatly appreciate it.

We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Holiday Inn Manhattan View Hotel in Long Island City, NY.

Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We stayed at the Holiday Inn LI City while visiting SUNY Maritime College. Our room had a fantastic view of the Manhattan skyline, it was beautiful. We were able to park our large SUV for a nominal fee in the hotel parking lot. There was a subway stop only a 5 minute walk from the hotel. The area was safe and we even tried a quaint restaurant across the street. Our room had free wifi and we were given vouchers to use for breakfast in the hotel restaurant. I would recommend this hotel if you wanted to save money and stay just outside the city.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Hi 2011cici,

Thank you for your 5 star review of the Holiday Inn Manhattan View hotel in Long Island City, NY. We are delighted that you were able to enjoy a fantastic view of the Manhattan skyline from your room, and were also able to take advantage of our close proximity to Manhattan by subway. Dutch Kills Centraal is the quaint restaurant across the street. It is a delightful place with excellent food.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Holiday Inn Manhattan View in the near future. If there is anything we can do for you, please feel free to contact me personally.

Southern Poland, Poland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Very nice hotel, great location - only one block away from 39th Metro station (2 stops to Manhattan Lexington Ave). I will definetly come back there soon. The higher room you get - the better - nice view on Manhattan.
Very good and tasty breakfasts (not included in the price). Internet included
Hotel staff very helpfull and nice. They let us keep the room as long as we needed on our last day. It was really convinient for us. Thank you for your hospitality.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We recently stayed here for mini couples night away. The front desk upgraded our room for free without my asking. King size bed with a wrap around view, terrace, of the city. The concierge was professional, kind and accommodating. We completely enjoyed our stay.

Pros:
1. Views are spectacular
2. Accommodating friendly professional staff
3. Maid service is so kind, greeted us, warm friendly smiles, even goodbyes
4. Room service is EXCELLENT
5. Within 5 minutes to train access to Manhattan
6. Luxury layout, ample room space
7. CLEAN BATHROOM, GREAT WATER PRESSURE
8. Close to local coffee, restaurants
9. Quiet neighborhood

CONS
1. Noise (if you were next to a family like we were, walls were paper thin) but we shrugged it off
Staff should definitely remind guests of proper mindful etiquette, the kids in the next room kept slamming doors and running up and down the hall.

Room Tip: If its a couples night make sure you ask for a quiet room in advance.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Garden City, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2014

Location is convenient to get into the city, but area is desolate at night. Not sure it's unsafe, just empty - no super close places to even get a coffee. The food was terrible and when I preordered breakfast to my room, it arrive 45 minutes after the scheduled time. Street parking is easy - if you get a spot in their lot, be careful, it's nearly impossible to get into some of the spots. Wifi is free but can be slow. Overall it was what I expected for the rate I paid, ok for a short term stay.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Cathy P, General Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear Jenni,

Thank you for your review. Thank you for being honest about the neighborhood and more importantly, about the restaurant services.

I can assure you that the neighborhood is safe. But you are correct, you are not really close to anything. Long Island City is a neighborhood in transition. Many new hotels have opened up in this area, but restaurants are just starting to gradually open up.

However, your restaurant comments will be forwarded to the restaurant. Please accept our apologies for the lateness of the room service delivery and the quality of the food.

Our best feature is our proximity to the subway and to Manhattan for the rates. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future and recommend some new places to eat.

Happy new year!
Warm regards,
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2014

Try hard to get a city view, pay the upgrade fee if possible. The city view is beautiful as you can see the Chrysler and Empire State Buildings, along the side the city's East side skyline and the Ed Koch/59th Street Bridge. Parking is very limited at the hotel but their is tons of street side parking if you look. Check out the in-house restaurant and free WiFi is a plus... several train stations within the area (7, E, R, M, N, Q) that get you in to the city and out as well. Trains run 24 hours. Entire staff is amazing. Clean rooms. Safe neighborhood. Great hotel overall

Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
Hi Alucard,

Happy new year!

Thank you so much for the great review. We too think we have a great hotel with an even better staff! I have posted your review in our staff break room so they too can get the benefit of seeing your review.

Thanks again, and if there is anything we can do for you on a future visit, please feel free to contact me.

All the best for the new year!

Warm regards,
Cathy Pascale

Been to Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View? Share your experiences!