“Amazing Staff!!” 5 of 5 stars

Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #3 of 25 Hotels in Long Island City
“Amazing Staff!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

My stay here was amazing, the staff was always very attentive especially the front desk. They are super nice although I do have to mention one person in particular Elizabeth Torres... Thank you I totally recommend you stay here!

• Stayed November 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
  • Polish first
Coral Springs, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The staff was friendly, and the bed was comfortable. The room was a little small, but that's expected for NY. I was only staying for 1 night, so it wasn't a big deal. The room was also very clean. My problem was after hitting the sack at 1am, I barely slept since I was facing the train and had to listen to it go by throughout the night. Do not get room #1210 if you need a full nights sleep. I was already unpacked, too tired, and was getting up at 7:30am to try and ask for a different room, so I put up with it. Also, the cost of breakfast was a waste. I basically spent $10.95 for a yogurt, OJ, and eggs since everything else didn't taste good. The breakfast seating area was nice though.When I tried to get back into my room after breakfast, my key didn't work, so I had to go back down to have it fixed. (A little annoying) I had to park in the garage next door, since the hotel lot was booked. I didn't know I had to reserve parking, but the cost next door was the same as the hotel anyway. Other then that, for one night the stay was OK.

Room Tip: Request a room NOT facing the train tracks!
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Manlius, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Stayed here for a week while in town for business both in Manhattan and Queens. Reasonable rates and convenient to Manhattan, subway stop is two blocks away. I am familiar with Queens, so I was aware that this is in a very safe neighborhood, but I can see where people might think otherwise. It is a dirty area, but there is nothing more unsafe about it than any other location. The view was beautiful and the hotel was clean and modern. I was in Manhattan most evenings, so I did not eat anywhere around the hotel, except one night I ate at the restaurant in the lower level, and it was just ok, nothing special. This experience was everything you would expect from a Holiday Inn, competent and unspectacular, but with the added bonus of a reasonable NYC rate, decent view and easy access to Manhattan. I would consider staying here again if I had business in Queens.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
Cathy P, General Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Hi Devin,

Thank you for your review of the Holiday Inn Manhatttan View.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is nice to see that you are familiar with Queens and know that our location is safe at any time of the day and night. We are working with the local civic organizations to keep the streets as clean and as safe as possible.

We hope that if you do come back to the NYC or Queens area, that you will come back to see us in Long Island City.

Many thanks and warm regards,
Brantford, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We were impressed with the excellent location, the beautiful city views and the wonderful service we received here. The in-hotel restaurant isn't great so find another food option, but hey, you are in NYC. Its easy to do. The room rate was very reasonable for a NYC hotel. We will definately stay here again.

Room Tip: Choose a Manhattan view room. Worth it!
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Thia,

Thank you for your review of the Holiday Inn Manhattan View.

We are happy to see that you were delighted with your stay, especially regarding the service you experienced. The views are outstanding and the location is ideal too, as you mentioned.

I am sorry that you were less than thrilled with the restuarant. I will certainly pass on your comments to them. As you said, there are so many restuarant choices in New York too.

Thank you again and please keep us in mind for any future visits to NYC or Long Island City.

Warm regards,
Liverpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Stayed at this holiday inn for 10 nights during October, we stayed in a king size room, it was very clean, spacious for New York, could see the empire state building from our window ( so it really is manhattan view), front desk staff were highly helpful. Front desk staff even printed out directions for us, were friendly and we used the security deposit boxes daily. They were always happy to help, and book taxis etc We got married in New York, and were very excited for us on our wedding day. The hotel is located all of a 2min walk from the subway station, and near a deli and shop etc. The hotel is 2 stops away on the subway from Manhattan, so dont feel you have to be bang in times square as its only 6mins away, and better value! We paid for breakfast three mornings, which was quite nice, friendly waiting staff! the only con, and its tiny, is that we asked for hot chocolate one night after being out all day and the bar staff said that they dont sell hot drinks, just alcoholic or soft beverages, which is a shame as we dont drink alcohol, but understand. Reason for 4 stars over 5 as its a very good basic hotel rather than luxury, but you could stay alot longer in New York because of the price difference which is a bonus for thrifty travellers.
Would definitely stay in Long Island City again, and this hotel! Clean, pleasant, good sleep, good staff and close to the city!

Room Tip: Ask for a Manhattan view room!
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Myagolightly,

Thank you for your excellent review of the Holiday Inn Manhattan View hotel in Long Island City.

Congratulations on your wedding in NYC. What a wonderful place to get married.

It looks like you had a great room with a fantastic view of the NYC skyline. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. After 10 days here, it sounds like you know your way around the subway system and fun things to do in New York City. We are delighted to know that our staff took good care of you while you were here.

The staff of the Holiday Inn Manhattan View wish you all the very best in your new married life!

Best wishes and warm regards,
Reading
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2014

I'm sure the views from the higher floors were spectacular but we were on a tight budget and so only got a first floor view of the convenience store over the street. The staff were all very efficient and polite and the room was well appointed. The heating / cooling, was very noisy and seem to come on automatically whatever buttons we pressed. The room was serviced everyday. On a couple of occasions there was a loud crowd in the bar, and we wanted an earlier night for an early start. Be aware that the bar is not segregated from either the lobby or the first floor (2) corridor. Ambient noise from, AC fans / Garbage collection and the parking structure below could also prove a problem for rooms in the low 2- hundreds. Safety deposit facilities were held at reception rather than "in room" but were limited in number and size.
There were plenty of towels, a fridge, complimentary toiletries, with a free tea /coffee maker in the room along with iron + board and hair dryer. We didn't use the small gym, breakfast service or the Steakhouse. The local amneties were sparse, but Zante's Diner did a good breakfast spread & the Centraal Bar across the street was very good for real beer and snack food, especially as we got in a little late to head to the city on our first night.. The hotel is within a few blocks of 3 MTA stops - (39 Av / Queensboro Plaza & Queens Plaza.) We got the 7 day MTA ticket on day 2 and it saved us a fortune ! See the You Tube link at the bottom which shows you how to get from JFK via Air-Train & MTA to the hotel - (Be sure to look "up" when you get to street level at Queens Plaza to see the "Holiday Inn" logo on top of your hotel a few blocks away !) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WC1f4JkAcg

Room Tip: Higher rooms come with a view - Lower rooms will be noisier !
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Tulsa, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2014 via mobile

we had business meetings in the area so this location was perfect. Our room had a floor to ceiling Manhattan view. Beds were comfortable and the staff were pleasant. Easy to get a taxi, a short walk to the train into Manhattan and only an $18 taxi ride from La Guardia. Beat of all the is an amazing neighborhood bar across the street with excellent food and drinks. The bodega across the street has any incidentals you may have forgotten. We did not eat at the restaurant inside the hotel but the buffet looked decent for breakfast.

Stayed October 2014, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View? Share your experiences!