“Good Location” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 24 Hotels in Long Island City
Reading
“Good Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I'm sure the views from the higher floors were spectacular but we were on a tight budget and so only got a first floor view of the convenience store over the street. The staff were all very efficient and polite and the room was well appointed. The heating / cooling, was very noisy and seem to come on automatically whatever buttons we pressed. The room was serviced everyday. On a couple of occasions there was a loud crowd in the bar, and we wanted an earlier night for an early start. Be aware that the bar is not segregated from either the lobby or the first floor (2) corridor. Ambient noise from, AC fans / Garbage collection and the parking structure below could also prove a problem for rooms in the low 2- hundreds. Safety deposit facilities were held at reception rather than "in room" but were limited in number and size.
There were plenty of towels, a fridge, complimentary toiletries, with a free tea /coffee maker in the room along with iron + board and hair dryer. We didn't use the small gym, breakfast service or the Steakhouse. The local amneties were sparse, but Zante's Diner did a good breakfast spread & the Centraal Bar across the street was very good for real beer and snack food, especially as we got in a little late to head to the city on our first night.. The hotel is within a few blocks of 3 MTA stops - (39 Av / Queensboro Plaza & Queens Plaza.) We got the 7 day MTA ticket on day 2 and it saved us a fortune ! See the You Tube link at the bottom which shows you how to get from JFK via Air-Train & MTA to the hotel - (Be sure to look "up" when you get to street level at Queens Plaza to see the "Holiday Inn" logo on top of your hotel a few blocks away !) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WC1f4JkAcg

Room Tip: Higher rooms come with a view - Lower rooms will be noisier !
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
  • Polish first
Tulsa, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

we had business meetings in the area so this location was perfect. Our room had a floor to ceiling Manhattan view. Beds were comfortable and the staff were pleasant. Easy to get a taxi, a short walk to the train into Manhattan and only an $18 taxi ride from La Guardia. Beat of all the is an amazing neighborhood bar across the street with excellent food and drinks. The bodega across the street has any incidentals you may have forgotten. We did not eat at the restaurant inside the hotel but the buffet looked decent for breakfast.

Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Fort Worth, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Very pleasant front desk staff and a quick check in. The room was very nice and my room had a patio with a pretty good view. I could see part of the city from my room. The location was a bit challenging to get to but I will look to stay here again if I'm in long island city.

Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Stayed for nearly 1 week, rooms were spacious and extremely clean with a fantastic view of the manhattan skyline as well as being quiet. Not much going on in the neighbourhood but still has some good diners and a pub nearby which all do good food. On site restaurant also caters for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Subway stop is 5 minute walk and will take you to central park and Times Square in less than 10 mins. Good location if you want to be away from the manhattan crowds.

• Stayed September 2014
Cathy P, General Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear 901eire,

Thank you for the excellent review that you posted on Trip Advisor! We really appreciate it.

It looks like you covered many of the great things about the Holiday Inn Manhattan View, the clean and spacious rooms, great views, convenience to the subway and to Manhattan attractions, and the value in the restaurant.

We hope you will have the opportunity to come back and visit us again. If you do, please feel free to email me to let me know that you are coming.

Warm regards,
Dingle, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My wife and I stayed in room 1501 for a week. All staff both at the front desk and throughout the hotel were always friendly and helpful. Room was spotlessly clean. Queen size bed was comfortable.
Location was good, very close to subway. Manhattan was very accessible. Didn't get a chance to have dinner or breakfast at the hotel so can't comment. Zantes diner near subway was good for breakfast.
Hope to return some day.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Cathy P, General Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Dermot,

Thank you so much for your 5-star review. I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us.

You had a great view of the Manhattan skyline, I hope you were able to take time to relax on the balcony during your stay.

Please come back to see us on your next visit to the NYC area. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back to the Holiday Inn Manhattan View.

Thanks and warm regards,
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I have stayed at this location many times for business over the last two years. This place is my all-time favorite Holiday Inn location, primarily because of the staff. You will not meet a more genuine group of employees than at this location. The location is literally two blocks away from the subway and an easy ride to Manhattan if that is what you desire. The bottom line for me is that you are treated well as a customer here and there are some great places in LIC.

Room Tip: If here on vacation, try to get a room that overlooks Manhattan.
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
Cathy P, General Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Hi Bob,

Thank you so much for the great review and your kind words about our staff. We feel, like you do, that we have the greatest staff around. And we appreciate it that this is your all-time favorite Holiday Inn location.

I will pass on your wonderful comments to our staff. Please come back soon to stay with us. If there is anything we can do for you on your next visit, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Regards,
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I stayed here in August for 7 nights with my 9 year old daughter and we thought it was great.The hotel is a 2 minute walk to the subway and it is only 2 stops into Manhattan.it was fantastic at the end of a noisy busy day to come back to the peace and quiet of this neighbourhood.I felt very safe walking late at night as well.The staff were all super friendly and really helpful with whatever questions I had.We didn't try the breakfast but we had dinner in the Brazilian restaurant 1 night and it was fantastic!!Will definitely stay here again if we ever get the chance to come back to New York but this time I will ask for a room on a high floor so we can get the best view.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Rosario B, General Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Dear Lorna,

Thank you for your 5-star review on Trip Advisor. We appreciate it. We are delighted that our staff was able to help you with any questions you may have. The Brazilian dinner is a great value and it sounds like your really enjoyed it too!.

Thanks so much for staying with us. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Holiday Inn Manhattan View when you come back to the NYC area.

Regards,
Cathy Pascale

Been to Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View? Share your experiences!