I'm sure the views from the higher floors were spectacular but we were on a tight budget and so only got a first floor view of the convenience store over the street. The staff were all very efficient and polite and the room was well appointed. The heating / cooling, was very noisy and seem to come on automatically whatever buttons we pressed. The room was serviced everyday. On a couple of occasions there was a loud crowd in the bar, and we wanted an earlier night for an early start. Be aware that the bar is not segregated from either the lobby or the first floor (2) corridor. Ambient noise from, AC fans / Garbage collection and the parking structure below could also prove a problem for rooms in the low 2- hundreds. Safety deposit facilities were held at reception rather than "in room" but were limited in number and size.
There were plenty of towels, a fridge, complimentary toiletries, with a free tea /coffee maker in the room along with iron + board and hair dryer. We didn't use the small gym, breakfast service or the Steakhouse. The local amneties were sparse, but Zante's Diner did a good breakfast spread & the Centraal Bar across the street was very good for real beer and snack food, especially as we got in a little late to head to the city on our first night.. The hotel is within a few blocks of 3 MTA stops - (39 Av / Queensboro Plaza & Queens Plaza.) We got the 7 day MTA ticket on day 2 and it saved us a fortune ! See the You Tube link at the bottom which shows you how to get from JFK via Air-Train & MTA to the hotel - (Be sure to look "up" when you get to street level at Queens Plaza to see the "Holiday Inn" logo on top of your hotel a few blocks away !) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WC1f4JkAcg
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn Manhattan View sets the bar high for Manhattan area hotels. With views of the unmistakable New York City skyline, our NYC hotel provides an exceptional backdrop for both business and pleasure. At our affordable Queens hotel, just minutes from Manhattan, New York City's legendary landmarks have never seemed so accessible! Explore the Empire State Building, Central Park, the Metropolitan Museum of Modern Art, the Metropolitan Opera House at Lincoln Center, the Museum of the Moving Image, and the Statue of Liberty. Of course no visit would be complete without visiting other nearby sights including Times Square, Bryant Park, Grand Central Station, Broadway, and Madison Square Garden. Among Long Island City hotels, Holiday Inn Manhattan View is a nearby neighbor to many Fortune 500 companies, offering easy access to Citibank, MetLife, the United Nations, JetBlue, Delta, and Mount Sinai Medical Center. Our hotel is conveniently located within a short drive of all the major New York airports: LaGuardia, JFK and Newark. This Queens hotel offers guests free high-speed Internet access and a perfect location just minutes from Manhattan. Ideal for international travelers and vacationers, this Astoria, Queens hotel is located just one block from the N and Q subway lines and just a few blocks from the E and R subway lines. For an unforgettable New York City experience close to celebrated NYC attractions, look no further than the Holiday Inn Manhattan View. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn l.i. City - Manhattan View Hotel Long Island City
- Holiday Inn Long Island City
- Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View Long Island City, New York