“Amazing hotel, with amazing staff!” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #3 of 23 hotels in Long Island City
“Amazing hotel, with amazing staff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

This hotel was awesome! The staff was so friendly especially Elizabeth and Mekil! They always greeted you when you came out of the elevator and walked in. The hotel was super clean, it had a very modern feel to it. The hotel was in a great location the subway station was a minute walk, and only two stops from Manhattan. I definitely recommend this hotel and ask for a room looking at Manhattan the views are breathtaking!

• Stayed August 2014
Rosario B, General Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear Kevin,

You have been touched by the Dynamic Duo! Elizabeth, Melkis are our superheroes at the hotel and will certainly mention your kind feedback to them and their manager. We are so happy you found the hotel to your standard. Next time, we hope you meet the entire team we are here to assist you!

Till the next time in Gotham City!

555 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
  • Polish first
Auckland, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My dad and I stayed in this Hotel for two weeks during summer 2014. The area around the Hotel isn't the nicest but the Hotel itself is really good! The Rooms are being cleaned properly everyday and they have everything you need included(very nice soft beds, fridge, TV, Air conditioning) The Hotel Staff is very friendly and helpful. There are at least four different metro lines going about 200m from the Hotel so that is a huge Plus as you only need about 15min to Times Square.
The breakfast buffet in the Hotel is very little but it the bar and the main restaurant are good. If you are traveling from Newark Airport it will cost you about 130$ So I would recommend taking the train or get a limo what is still cheaper at 110$ ;-)

All in all we enjoyed our stay in the Holiday Inn Manhattan View and we would recommend it for everyone no matter wether Family or Solo.

Room Tip: Well all the cheap rooms are located in the lower Floors so I would recommend the suites with the ac...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Dear NB,

Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate taking the time to complete the review. 2 weeks is a long time to stay with us and I'm delighted your found the hotel clean and convenient! We look forward to your next visit and hope your testimony resonates throughout New Zealand!

Most Graciously,
Oxford, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We spent five nights in a king balcony room. The room seemed a little "tired" with stains on the carpet & the only armchair. The balcony, only one chair again, technically had a view of Manhattan (uptown, none of the famous building) but a power station was the main feature. No tub but good sized shower. A/c seemed hard to set for all night, & NY is hot & sticky in August.
The district is semi industrial; didn't feel threatening but not very attractive & interesting. The main reason for staying at this hotel has got to be that the Subway is only two minutes walk away.
At over US$260 a night it seemed to me expensive.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Rosario B, General Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your time and feedback regarding your stay in LIC. I apologize and hoped we could have made your stay a bit more enjoyable. The hotel staff are ready and able to assist you should you feel at anytime, the room appeared not up to standard, needed an extra chair or a simple room move to a better location, could've changed your experience. The views are wonderful even with the Raven's Wood Power Plant in the distance which adds to the NYC skyline. The area continues to improve both with more retail and restaurant locations and residential properties. I wasn't sure if you ventured into some of our great cultural institutions and lovely outdoor spaces? However, we certainly understand we are not in Manhattan but the convenience to there is what is also important. Should you find a way back to NYC I would like to ensure you are well looked after. Please contact me at rbianchi@himanview.com. It will be my pleasure to have you return. As you travel abundantly, your feedback is very helpful. Thank you and travel safely.

My Dearest Thanks and
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My partner and I stayed in this hotel for 4 nights recently and loved it! I had stayed here a few years back, and nothing has changed. Being IHG members we wanted a holiday inn hotel close to the centre but to avoid to ridiculous NYC prices, and this fits the bill perfectly! The staff are extremely friendly and helpful, the rooms are spot on and the facilities the hotel provides are perfect. Rooms are trendy, clean and have all the amenities you would expect. The hotel is in a brilliant location, only a quick metro ride into Manhattan (metro station only around the corner), but far enough away to avoid to hustle and bustle - and at great nightly rates this hotel is a perfect stop for a New York City trip! We will definitely be booking up for a third time on our next visit to the big apple.

Room Tip: Request a room on a high floor, and with a Manhattan view. You won't be disappointed!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Rosario B, General Manager at Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn L.I. City Manhattan View! We appreciate your wonderful feedback and thank you for being an IHG Rewards Member. Our property offers value, comfort and service without the Big Apple prices. I will certainly share your praises to our team and once again thank you for staying with us. Till the next visit, 3 is a charm, hopefully sooner thank later,

Gratefully,
Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Arrived very late, fast easy check in. Front desk staff was pleasant. Hotel is nice and up to date, rooms are small but overall clean and comfy. Not too many restaurants surrounding as far as i could see, but we took the train into Manhattan which is easily accessed from the hotel. I would return again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dear JR,

Thank you for your feedback and time in reviewing our property! A local in fact! late at night a quick check in and convenience to get to your destination sounds like a good place. Don't be a stranger.....

Appreciatively,
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The Holiday Inn Manhattan View is in a great location, within easy reach of the city, from the metro station round the corner. We had a very spacious and well appointed room on the top floor, with a whole wall of floor to ceiling windows, providing a stunning view across to Manhattan. You can watch the sun set over the Empire State Building and Brooklyn Bridge. The staff were polite, friendly and helpful. The only negative is the bar. What could be a nice space to relax in the evening, after a busy day in the city is completely spoilt by the VERY loud music, which makes conversation impossible and presumably is why it is always empty. Otherwise it was great and we would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed June 2014
Dear Mark,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Holiday Inn L.I. City Manhattan View! We want to thank you for your time in giving us some feedback. I will certainly pass on your comments concerning the music to the Restaurant Management. We're delighted you had a nice stay and look forward to your return some day.

Travel Safely,
Lancaster,TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I travel a lot with my job and I must say at first I was a little taken back with this hotel and not sure about things but Danny and Elizabeth made up for everything! I am a Platinum IHG member and they do recognize that. I was surprised with the parking arraignments with only 20 spots but they accommodated me (even though my car was hit in their parking lot I was still grateful that I didn't have to park in a junk hard on the corner). The location is awesome right by the subway, and the Brazilian Steakhouse Restaurant inside the hotel is to die for!! Absolutely amazing food and service for affordable prices!! The view from this hotel is by far the best value for the money! I will be on a stretch assignment in NY, and this will be my home away from home no doubt!!! Thank you HI!!!

Stayed August 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for being an IHG Rewards Member. I appreciate your confidence and great feedback about the location and services especially the dynamic duo Danny and Elizabeth who are true ambassadors of the Holiday Inn Brand! We could thank you enough and hope that parking doesn't interfere with your experience while staying with us next time. Safe Travels!

Warm Regards,

Been to Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View? Share your experiences!